Donor area recovery

Hello everyone it's been over 2 weeks since my HT. I am wondering how long does the donor area take to recover completely in regards of tenderness. It still feels little tight and sometimes unpleasant if I lay my head down to fast or put on a hat.

In regards to scaring its recovered nicely.

Regards

3 minutes ago, civic said:

Some doctors recommend Aloe Vera gel on donor area, feel free to ask your doctor if it is ok to apply.

Yea I do but I was wondering how long should I expect this tenderness to stay with me. I understand it's different for everyone as people heal different just wondering a rough timeline to.expect

1 minute ago, Deda96 said:

Yea I do but I was wondering how long should I expect this tenderness to stay with me. I understand it's different for everyone as people heal different just wondering a rough timeline to.expect

I would say if it's not improving, take a pic of it & show the doctor to make sure there is no infection or any other problem

52 minutes ago, Deda96 said:

Hello everyone it's been over 2 weeks since my HT. I am wondering how long does the donor area take to recover completely in regards of tenderness. It still feels little tight and sometimes unpleasant if I lay my head down to fast or put on a hat.

In regards to scaring its recovered nicely.

Regards

The healing takes place within a week approximately. However, the numbness and a slight discomfort may last for a month or a couple of months, depending from person to person.

• Thanks 1