Does it look like 7800 Grafts?

So, I had 7800 Grafts.

1. Hattingen Hair 5200 Grafts FUT 2019

2. HLC 2600 Grafts FUE Dec 2021

This is where I came from:

image.png.80186b0f227f9da859c7c8da4c5532ca.png

As I don't think pictures are really rateable, I provide you some videos in different light conditions

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMyYoy7z2eJjvrIktmU_TEzDo5UQzZar/view?usp=sharing

2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMyYoy7z2eJjvrIktmU_TEzDo5UQzZar/view?usp=sharing

3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ARY7NTFMOBnxpCiioLPRblPxVu307gZ8/view?usp=sharing

You might want to set the quiality to 1080p in right corner 

I am in a very bad mood because my Donor area has been destoryed, which led me into deep despressions, where I don't leave the house without a hat any more and suffer from panic attacks which are only treatable with benzos  :

image.thumb.png.75888b709e18b3bf3c67ec541952b476.png

So I'd like to hear your opinion about the overall result of the recipient site, is it a good result at least? 

Edited by didu911

Being honest with you 7k grafts for yout norwood is really high. Checking the first picture before HT you wasnt that bad, with medication and 4k grafts you could have very good results.

Any way the recipient looks very good.

Regarding the donor area is not that bad as you feel, if you place the hair correctly and dont cut it too short it wont be noticeable.

Dont panic with it. on which clinic they damage your donor area?

Just now, JoselitoElGallo said:

Being honest with you 7k grafts for yout norwood is really high. Checking the first picture before HT you wasnt that bad, with medication and 4k grafts you could have very good results.

Any way the recipient looks very good.

Regarding the donor area is not that bad as you feel, if you place the hair correctly and dont cut it too short it wont be noticeable.

Dont panic with it. on which clinic they damage your donor area?

So you think, nearly 8k Grafts does not really justify the result?

It's hard to tell which clinic f*cked up the Donor, I had really bad and permanent schock loss from the FUT, I think it is a combination of the FUT damage and the FUE thinned it out even more 

The recipient area looks good, but in fairness to you, your hair is very thin and with medication it could have improve a lot and save you a lot of grafts.

I have seen very similar alopecias like yours with same type of hair fixed with 3,5 k grafts and medication.

The main problem that I see is that you are still young and maybe your donor area can not afford another HT in 5 or 10 years in case you need.

Did you do a planification regarding your alopecia?

24 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

The recipient area looks good, but in fairness to you, your hair is very thin and with medication it could have improve a lot and save you a lot of grafts.

I have seen very similar alopecias like yours with same type of hair fixed with 3,5 k grafts and medication.

The main problem that I see is that you are still young and maybe your donor area can not afford another HT in 5 or 10 years in case you need.

Did you do a planification regarding your alopecia?

Here might be a better before picture which has been done by Hattiingen Hair:

image.png.693cecea986b09f4cca1ae5bc54398a5.png

image.png.b9db750cac54841c9474f9d517d15c66.png

As it comes down to medication, I am on a very strong Testosteron blocker (CPA) and other Suff, so T/DHT should be 0 and further progression is very unlikeley. 

I hope to improve a little with medication and the end result of HLC in Dec by this year. 

But seeing the destroyed donor and the recipient which doesnt look like nearly 8k Grafts... leaves me depressed 

Edited by didu911

You shouldnt be depressed because you are by  far much better than before so just cheer up.

Actually your current status is pretty good, many of the users of the forum would love to have your frontal,  and just having a bit long hair the donor area it will looks good.

Edited by JoselitoElGallo

• Administrators

Do you see how bald you were before. These results are incredible considering your fine blonde hair. To be honest, I would assume you needed 10K grafts to get these results with your hair caliber. As for the donor, I doubt anyone would ever notice anything strange. I believe the anxiety goes much deeper than hair. Speak to a therapist, it usually stems very deep. I hope you get the help you deserve. Mental health is a serious thing, that should be treated. Wish you well. 

image.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 7.53.14 AM.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, didu911 said:

I am in a very bad mood because my Donor area has been destoryed, which led me into deep despressions, where I don't leave the house without a hat any more and suffer from panic attacks which are only treatable with benzos

Is this a joke? Your results are fantastic, it doesn't even look like you've had surgery (I mean, it looks like you naturally have a good head of hair).

• Moderators

Your hair looks great. There's no way you need to wear a hat to cover that. Nobody messed up your donor area. You had 7800 grafts removed from it and placed where you needed them more. Once you take hair from the donor area it's going to be thinner there. There is no way around that. You don't gain any hair in a hair transplant. You can only move around what you have. Overall it looks 100 times better than it did before. You reached the goal. Leave the hat at home and go out and enjoy your life.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This is quite an incredible transformation indeed!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A few things.  I have had 8.5K {8K FUT & 500 FUE} grafts & I have a badly stretched FUT scar (4.5K grafts from Dr. Soni 2016).  Another 2.25K FUT scar (good scar from Dr. Feller 2004) & 2 more FUT scars (400 & 700 grafts in '93 & '95) & finally 100 & 120 FUT graft scars in '91.

My hair is fine & my donor area is riddled w/those imperfections.

However, with the proper hair length (not too short & not too long in the back) it is not noticeable and w/a little hair spray in back I don't concern myself with it.

If this really bothers you then I suggest one or all of the following.

Possible FUT revision/500 or more beard hair grafts into the scar area/SMP and/or using some dermatch in the back.

I also have the same concerns when wearing a ballcap that it pushes my hair around in back exposing any of my 4 major FUT scars - but really no one is obessing about it more than me for sure.

I've also considered FUT revision - but I would like to lose a significant amount of weight in order to increase my scalp laxity if I decide to do so.

Considered H&W or Dr. Soni to do the revision - but am reluctant 'cause there is no guarantee that it will be improved.  All of my beard is white so also reluctant to put a bunch of beard hairs in there.  I could do FIT farming into the scar as well.

Just know 95% of the time no one is as concerned as you are about this.  Your results are very good & I would be happy.

Perhaps look for the absolute best SMP provider for your specific issue - a few are way better than others.

Edited by jjsrader

I totally understand your frustration about your donor area... 

Your results on the recipient area are good.

Your crown and your frontal third seems to have achieved full coverage. 

But as a hairloss victim myself, I 100% get why your are frustrated. 

I would trust Dr. Muresanu if he offers a free repair for the permanent shockloss little patch caused by your first FUT with them. 

Otherwise like I said I'd look into donor repair with Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Mwamba or maybe consider SMP

2 hours ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Jan, how would you rate the results of your second surgery on the vertex with Dr. Bekir ? 

Looks like it's filled in pretty nicely. 

I would give it a 10 out of 10, survival rate must be high (Above 90 percent) and the angels are well placed. Nothing I could complain about.