Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Dogan Turan FUECapilar

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Xkos48 said:

True,I will vote also,but his work should be followed closely to make sure that quality work doesn’t lose for profit.

That I think we can all agree with, which is why we keep an open and transparent community. Surgeons must be willing to operate in transparency, which is why our recommendations are valid and credible. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He is a ethical doctor. Have seen him reject patients or told a lot of patients to take finasteride and reassess after one year. That means he cares more about the patient than getting some money from them.
A lot of people goes to his clinic from the Hair Loss conquerors group and would say that the most results is decent and good. Yes from me

• Like 2

Olá. Já ouvi falar muito bem do Dr. Dogan Turan através de um grupo de whatsapp, inclusive já tirei uma dúvida com ele via instagram. Acredito ser um médico  reconhecido mundialmente.

Hi, I'm quite a new member of this forum, but I've done a lot of research over the years to fight my own hairloss.

It's basically thanks to this forum that I decided to pull the trigger and schedule my HT with dr Turan, because he checks all the boxes to distinguish hair mills from ethical surgeons.

I will share my results in early August, but based on reviews and said theoretical checklist, dr. Turan also has my vote.

1. positive aspects:

- below average cost per grafts: between 0.7 euros /graft (steve85: £2350 for 4075 grafts) and 0.94 euros /graft (thomas b: 3500 euros for 3720 grafts)

- overall a quite natural result according to the presented photographs 

- at first sight no noticeable overharvesting of the donor area

- advantageous extraction technique with a mix of manual and motorised approach

- a fatigue preventing break down of the entire extraction process into smaller, more manageable sessions 

- a quite short max. of the out-of-body time for the extracted grafts (1.5 hours)

- applying important pre op evaluation factors such as caliper, density and average size of grafts 

- providing a relatively transparent pre op and surgical report

2. elements which could be improved:

- hairlines: for a trained eye they can be detected as typical ”ht hairlines”: the feathering zone is too short and the transplanted thick grafts have been placed too early to the front (this might not be too obvious with low nw candidates)

- recreation of temples: unfortunately for a proper evaluation of the naturalness the quality of the shown photos is not sufficient. at first sight it looks as if the same applies to what has been written about the hairlines

- some of the photos of the results seem to have concealer being applied and which contribute to a distorted evaluation

- according to the youtube videos the magnification factor of their loupes being used seems to be quite low as opposed to what is being said (definitely no high magnification!)

- it is unclear which instruments they use: eg. which stereo microscopes to check single grafts as well as those hidden telogen grafts

- it would be good to know how they come to the conclusion about the overall donor capacity of a patient and which tools they use to do this

- contradicting information about the incisions: on their website they mention that incisions are being made prior to the insertion but which is different to dhi (see also: https://www.fuecapilar.com/en/all-about-hair/your-hair-implant-before-during-and-after/).

- the post op imagery of the recipient area at the day of surgery seems to show a lot of blood and which is very unusual for a dhi technique. for a comparison see also imagery from dr. lorenzo, one of the pioneers in dhi: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvqymqbWlw&ab_channel=InjertocapilarEspaña

-  the implantation pattern of the female hairline looks quite artificial and doesn´t mimic the natural, non geometrical follicular pattern 

• Like 1

3. evaluation of their website:

- photos being shown (in particular in the blog section) seem to be mostly stock imagery

- very little / no in house imagery of their clinic

- content: quality and quantity seems to be average compared to others

- misleading info: promoting a potential superior advantage of dhi technique vs fue whilst pointing to a potential higher density of 70-90 grafts/cm2 with dhi is unrealistic and doubtful

- unnecessary marketing gimmick: showing a booking rate of 95% is a typical marketing tactic and reminiscent of online shops trying to make customers quick decisions and buy their last remaining products (whether the mentioned stock holds true or not)

Edited by BoldnotBald

4. conclusion

all in all and given the current cost per graft between 0.7 and 0.94 euros per graft (rates from 2021?) i would currently recommend this clinic in particular for low to medium nw candidates and who are happy even if the results can be detected by trained eyes as ht surgeries.

in order to give a more nuanced rating on a scale between 0 and 10 and for which nw candidates / cases this might apply i would suggest to provide 

a. more information

b. high quality imagery 

c. imagery with no concealer throughout

d. also imagery of high nw candidates

e. repair cases with high quality imagery

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BoldnotBald said:

as a matter of transparency:

do any of those docs or /and clinics being endorsed here on this forum have to pay any money - eg. directly or by any other means?

Every single recommended surgeon pays a monthly sponsorship fee. This is listed on our site, and in fact, I created a thread not to long ago. I don’t know how we can be more transparent.

D572F375-CFAD-4403-8414-2986EF4C43E4.jpeg

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 hours ago, BoldnotBald said:

4. conclusion

all in all and given the current cost per graft between 0.7 and 0.94 euros per graft (rates from 2021?) i would currently recommend this clinic in particular for low to medium nw candidates and who are happy even if the results can be detected by trained eyes as ht surgeries.

in order to give a more nuanced rating on a scale between 0 and 10 and for which nw candidates / cases this might apply i would suggest to provide 

a. more information

b. high quality imagery 

c. imagery with no concealer throughout

d. also imagery of high nw candidates

e. repair cases with high quality imagery

Quite a list :) very good. 

In addition, as someone who is considering the transplant maybe this year, would also like to get more info about: 

1. post surgery care/treatment

2. any guarantee of the work done

44 minutes ago, translator said:

Quite a list :) very good. 

In addition, as someone who is considering the transplant maybe this year, would also like to get more info about: 

Hello,

Please find the information below.

Dr Turan does a follow up during 12 months (18 when the vertex area has been implanted). Below you can see the dates where the patients need you to send their pictures.

➡ 5 days after the HT: Recipient and donor area
➡ 10 days after the HT: Recipient and donor area (after the 10th wash)
➡ 1 month after the HT: Recipient and donor area
➡ 3 months after the HT: Recipient and donor area
➡ 6 months after the HT: Recipient and donor area
➡ 9 months after the HT: Recipient and donor area
➡ 12 months after the HT: Recipient and donor area

The survival rate of our hair transplants is very consistent.

In FUECAPILAR we take care of all the steps so that the follicular unit reaches the receiving area without any damage.

However, we are committed to our patients whom did not achieve the desired results after one year (or 18 months if the hair transplant was done in the crown) of the intervention, provided that they have complied with the post-op indications and have sent the required photographs in the postoperative follow-up.

We require our patients to strictly follow our post-surgical indications and send the photographs on the indicated dates (days 5, 10, 15 and 30, as well as 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months) to make this guarantee valid.

The patient must acknowledge that around 15% of all hair in the scalp are at resting or telogen phase. Thus, the patient can only observe around 85% of all the transplanted hair at one time.

If more than 20% of the transplanted follicles show no sign of growth after 12 to 18 months, Dr Turan will perform a revision surgery. 
The revision surgery will not incur any medical cost for the patient, however, the expenses related to transfers between the airport, hotel and hospital, as well as the accommodation and the flight to Turkey will be at the patient ́s expense.

Edited by FUECAPILAR
  • Like 4

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com
email: myhair@fuecapilar.com
Tlf/whatsapp: +90 542 250 0909

2 hours ago, FUECAPILAR said:

Hello,

Dr Turan does a follow up during 12 months (18 when the vertex area has been implanted). Below you can see the dates where the patients need you to send their pictures.

In FUECAPILAR we take care of all the steps so that the follicular unit reaches the receiving area without any damage.

However, we are committed to our patients whom did not achieve the desired results after one year (or 18 months if the hair transplant was done in the crown) of the intervention, provided that they have complied with the post-op indications and have sent the required photographs in the postoperative follow-up.

We require our patients to strictly follow our post-surgical indications and send the photographs on the indicated dates (days 5, 10, 15 and 30, as well as 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months) to make this guarantee valid.

The patient must acknowledge that around 15% of all hair in the scalp are at resting or telogen phase. Thus, the patient can only observe around 85% of all the transplanted hair at one time.

If more than 20% of the transplanted follicles show no sign of growth after 12 to 18 months, Dr Turan will perform a revision surgery. 
The revision surgery will not incur any medical cost for the patient, however, the expenses related to transfers between the airport, hotel and hospital, as well as the accommodation and the flight to Turkey will be at the patient ́s expense.

Thank you very much for the quick and detailed answer.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, FUECAPILAR said:

Hello,

Great list, thank you for sharing this 🙌🏼

View my thread

Hi.  

i am súper happy with FUC all of their service.  
i have posted above in this forum to see my journey. I think the vibe there is very good and fun not too serous. Jose of of the owners is amazing and his customer service is unparalleled considering how many messages he is getting all the time. 
i was scared to go from Canadá and they made it all seem flawless and easy. The journey. 

i still can’t belive the hair i have and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done. 

think Brad Pitt fury. ! 

i consider them my Turkish family after they took care of me. 

Graham David. 

38A2B6F6-2139-4E9D-ADE7-D2AA0101AD60.jpeg

A8E0A8BD-3754-4E6E-8610-E70AC04896F5.jpeg

FDA6A084-6734-467D-84A2-7889C9CD2AB0.jpeg

A0448684-DB1A-42C2-9323-521A57734597.jpeg

F3C09A84-FE14-4FD2-91F6-941F6B7838C3.jpeg

47AB0184-620A-4FE0-9C43-B314065E7AFA.jpeg

2EB7333C-CA0A-4C11-800F-27C15944F0B3.jpeg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GrahamDavid said:

Hi.  

i am súper happy with FUC all of their service.  
i have posted above in this forum to see my journey. I think the vibe there is very good and fun not too serous. Jose of of the owners is amazing and his customer service is unparalleled considering how many messages he is getting all the time. 
i was scared to go from Canadá and they made it all seem flawless and easy. The journey. 

i still can’t belive the hair i have and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done. 

think Brad Pitt fury. ! 

i consider them my Turkish family after they took care of me. 

Graham David. 

38A2B6F6-2139-4E9D-ADE7-D2AA0101AD60.jpeg

A8E0A8BD-3754-4E6E-8610-E70AC04896F5.jpeg

FDA6A084-6734-467D-84A2-7889C9CD2AB0.jpeg

A0448684-DB1A-42C2-9323-521A57734597.jpeg

F3C09A84-FE14-4FD2-91F6-941F6B7838C3.jpeg

47AB0184-620A-4FE0-9C43-B314065E7AFA.jpeg

2EB7333C-CA0A-4C11-800F-27C15944F0B3.jpeg

Wow you definitely got the Bead Pitt in Fury vibe incredible 🙌🏼🙌🏼

View my thread

• Administrators

Dear Community,

Based on the overwhelming positive feedback. We have moved forward with the recommendation of Dr. Turan. Please join me in congratulating @FUECAPILARDr. Turan as the newest member of the Hair Transplant Network. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-dogan-turan

• Like 5

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I was looking at Fuecapilar for my surgery, and happy to find good reviews and feedback. However I've now noticed 2 reviews where the hairline was not natural:

1/ 

2/- https://www.facebook.com/groups/311681536370684/posts/826591954879637/

From this last post, this is particularly worrying: "Regarding the microscopes, I specifically asked how they know that they're single grafts, and the translator said "they hold them up and can look at them." Alarmed, I said "do you use microscopes?" He seemed flustered, as at no point in my surgery did I ever se the techs looking under microscopes, but he pointed to one on a table nowhere near where they were placing my grafts. Perhaps they did all the graft sizing in the 20 minutes I was lunch both days, but as far as I could tell, the nurses would load them all from the same tray, saying single/double/tripe aloud in the moment as they handed it to the doctor, pulling from the same petri tray." "No microscopes used by tech's. Hence why I've got a few multiples in my hairline. The doctor relies on what the tech's tell him."

In both cases, same issue, and it sounds like the clinic didn't help much the patient until the issue was raised on the forum.

Are you planning to keep this clinic in the recommendation list? I wanted to book with them but I have a lot of doubts now.

34 minutes ago, Marc Antoine said:

Hello, I was looking at Fuecapilar for my surgery, and happy to find good reviews and feedback. However I've now noticed 2 reviews where the hairline was not natural:

1/ 

2/- https://www.facebook.com/groups/311681536370684/posts/826591954879637/

From this last post, this is particularly worrying: "Regarding the microscopes, I specifically asked how they know that they're single grafts, and the translator said "they hold them up and can look at them." Alarmed, I said "do you use microscopes?" He seemed flustered, as at no point in my surgery did I ever se the techs looking under microscopes, but he pointed to one on a table nowhere near where they were placing my grafts. Perhaps they did all the graft sizing in the 20 minutes I was lunch both days, but as far as I could tell, the nurses would load them all from the same tray, saying single/double/tripe aloud in the moment as they handed it to the doctor, pulling from the same petri tray." "No microscopes used by tech's. Hence why I've got a few multiples in my hairline. The doctor relies on what the tech's tell him."

In both cases, same issue, and it sounds like the clinic didn't help much the patient until the issue was raised on the forum.

Are you planning to keep this clinic in the recommendation list? I wanted to book with them but I have a lot of doubts now.

1) I am not sure why u are bringing this up here. You have seen their reply on the other thread

2) this is about Dr. Turan and not Dr. Gur. Two different doctors in the same clinic. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

1) I am not sure why u are bringing this up here. You have seen their reply on the other thread

2) this is about Dr. Turan and not Dr. Gur. Two different doctors in the same clinic. 

1) This topic is a recap of reviews for Dr Turan so it is useful to see a case with a not-so-good result for people looking only at this topic to take their decision. Also this topic is about an official reco from the forum and I ask about it

2) My bad, I thought it was the clinic that got the reco, indeed it is Dr Turan only. The clinic is now replying with their clinic name so someone not attentive like me might think the reco is for the clinic. Maybe the clinic should reply under the Dr Turan to avoid confusion? Also, the issue mentioned in the surgery made by Dr Turan seems to be similar than the issue I've posted from Dr Gur: not using microscope to separate grafts before implementation?

I'm just sharing some questions because I was thinking to book with Fuecapilar, most people are happy but these 2 cases have creating doubts in my choice.

• Administrators

I can’t validate Facebook posts. But if you look at the last post on this thread. The clinic stood by their patient.

I privately spoke with the patient and was given before photos. I asked him to share, but he hasn’t . I was also shared the whatsapp chat, which showed the clinic WAS in fact in communication with the clinic, and they were discussing bringing him back to the clinic. I think this cases are good to highlight, because bad results can happen with the best. But how they handle these cases is what matters. In this case, the clinic stood by the patient well before he came here publicly. I hope he’ll release the chat log to show.

Dear HRN forum,

Please be informed that we have been in communication with our patient since the day after his procedure, with regular check-ups on the post-operative day 5, 10, 30, and month 3, 6, 8 and 10.

We are standing by our patient, offering our full support. Having said that, we cannot disclose any communication or visuals we have had or shared with our patient due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union). However, if our patient wishes to disclose the communication or other information regarding the operation and post-operative communication, we have no objection to it.

Having said that, we would like the community to know that in all of our operations our strategy for creating a hairline has always been to implant single grafts into the first 1-2 rows of the designated hairline in an irregular pattern to create a natural look. While we are creating this pattern, in rare cases the single grafts around the lower points of the zigzags may not survive for a variety of reasons, thus causing the multiple grafts to come forward and create a false look as if they were implanted into the first row of the hairline. There may also be a human-error factor which we have taken all necessary precautions to prevent happening.

See clinics response below:

We are committed to our patients' happiness and providing them with satisfactory and realistic results. With this in mind, rest assured, our efforts have always been and will always be towards taking the extra step no matter what. In order to improve this look, in our clinic we could offer 2 solutions. First solution is to implant a randomized row of single grafts in front of the undesired multiple grafts and cover them. Second solution is to remove the undesired multiple grafts and implant them elsewhere and place single grafts around the extracted grafts. As we are aware of the concerns of our patient in this particular case, we have already taken necessary actions to find a mutual and definitive solution. We also appreciate our patient's confidence in us.

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com
email: myhair@fuecapilar.com
Tlf/whatsapp: +90 542 250 0909

View my thread