Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Dogan Turan FUECapilar

• Administrators

Dear valued members, physicians, and visitors of our community, 

As most of you know, we request input from our patient-based community and our recommended physicians before we approve a physician for a recommendation. We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Turan and his results, and please post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer.

Dr. Turan is highly experienced in hair transplantation and has been producing top-notch results, many of which have been posted by his patients on our discussion forum.

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation. As the community knows, this requires that he meet our community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields. We expect our surgeons to be able to transplant quality dense-packed follicular unit grafting and the capacity and ability to perform extensive sessions, transplanting thousands of follicular units per day with consistent quality growth.

Some clinics can produce one-off results, but very few have the capability and staff to perform consistent quality results with good growth. Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. 

Why do we Feel Dr. Turan is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Turan graduated from Istanbul Medical School in 1986. After completing his compulsory military service, he continued his career in Izmir, Turkey. In 1999, he founded Deniz Private Medical Center and Deniz Hair Transplant Center in Izmir. Dr. Turan worked as the chief surgeon in the General Directorate of Health Services for Borders from 2001 to 2005. In 2006, he worked as a medical physician in the Hair Transplant Center in Izmir. In 2012 Dr. Turan moved to Istanbul, Turkey, where he has worked as the General Surgeon and Medical Director. In 2018, Dr. Turan became co-owner and medical director of FUECapilar. Recently, Dr. Turan became a member of the World FUE Institute. 

Dr. Turan is passionate about hair restoration surgery and is highly competent in manual FUE. Dr. Turan has been performing FUE with DHI via the Choi implanter pen since 2012. 

Dr. Turan has a full-time hair restoration practice – FUECapilar. Dr. Turan has been working with his lead technician Mehmet (who has nine years of experience). All technicians and nurses use high-magnification loupes during implanting and sorting follicular unit grafts. Single-haired grafts are reviewed under a microscope to ensure single-unit grafts are utilized in the hairline and temporal peaks. 

Dr. Turan’s surgical protocol  

Dr. Turan is involved in every critical step, including the design, extraction, and implantation. Dr. Turan performs three assessments, graft caliber examination with a micrometer, donor area density assessment, graft breakdown, and coverage value with a specialized program. After gathering the measurements and information, and adequate master plan is designed for the individual patient. Dr. Turan uses punches ranging from 0.7 to 0.95, but most surgeries use 0.8 to 0.85 size punches. 

All the extractions are done with a mixture of micromotor and manual punches, which are decided according to the patient’s hair and skin characteristics. Dr. Turan uses a manual punch for the parietal and temporal areas and a micromotor punch for the occipital areas. 

Dr. Turan NEVER extracts all the grafts in one go. The surgery is carried out over two days when a patient requires more than 3,000 grafts. Extractions do not exceed 1,000 grafts before they are implanted into the balding areas. Grafts are not outside of the body for more than two hours. The first grafts extracted are the first ones implanted. Dr. Turan only uses implanter pens. There is no tumescent. The implanter pens range from 0.7-1mm. 

View Dr. Turan’s website HERE

Below are some examples of his work: 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/62717-dr-turan-fuecapilar-nov-2021/#comment-627877

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59242-review-for-fuecapilar-feb-5th-2021/#comment-577176

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/61395-fuecapilar-dr-turan-12-month-update/#comment-609011

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/60131-3720-grafts-dhi-dr-dogan-turan-fuecapilar/#comment-590714

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/60146-dr-turan-fuecapilar-nw-iiiv-3581-grafts-05122020/#comment-590877

Clinic Posted Results

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63615-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iii-diffuse-thinning-in-the-mid-scalp-and-upper-vertex-3648-grafts/#comment-642469

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63220-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-diffuse-thinning-across-the-entire-scalp-2430-grafts/#comment-635854

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63104-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iii-diffuse-thinning-2575-grafts-blonde-patient/#comment-634005

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/62508-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-va-4150-grafts/#comment-625381

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63005-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iv-v-4735-grafts-blonde-patient/#comment-632453

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/62509-dr-turan-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iva-diffuse-thinning-4100-grafts/#comment-625382

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

To be honest I would have liked to have seen temple work done by him (and repair work). But there is no doubt that he has vast experience going by his CV and the results shown here are of an excellent turn out. He has my vote.

Edited by Gatsby
Spell check
  • Like 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

To be honest I would have liked to have seen temple work done by him (and repair work). But there is no doubt that he has vast experience going by his CV and the results shown here are of an excellent turn out. He has my vote.

I will definitely ask for some examples, maybe he can post them here. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

In my opinion, with all these characteristics, such as dividing the procedure into two days, the fact that microscopes and magnifying glasses are used in his clinic, the fact that the doctor participates in all the crucial phases of the surgery, I can say it can be recommended on this forum. @Melvin- ModeratorI know you've always said that you don't have to look at the price in a transplant, but for the sake of completeness, could you also add the cost per follicular unit that the doctor practices?

• Administrators

Thanks guys for your feedback thud far, very promising 🙏🏼

View my thread

Im not much for words, but what i can say is Fuecapilar in a whole made my journey so easy from contacting them just for a quote, they are nothing short of amazing and professional, even the after care and check in have been great. Dr Turan exceeded my expectations of what i would get out of my HT not only did they give me my hairline back but also my confidence, if i had to do it again tomorrow then i wouldnt even consider another clinic!

instasize_220525215107.png

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Im not much for words, but what i can say is Fuecapilar in a whole made my journey so easy from contacting them just for a quote, they are nothing short of amazing and professional, even the after care and check in have been great. Dr Turan exceeded my expectations of what i would get out of my HT not only did they give me my hairline back but also my confidence, if i had to do it again tomorrow then i wouldnt even consider another clinic!

instasize_220525215107.png

Your results look incredible congratulations 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

View my thread

It has been a bit more than 1.5 years since my hair transplant. I can only saw that Dr Turan did an amazing job in my case and I can´t be happier.

Also, I remember how he made me to wait for 1 year to see what the evolution of my hair loss after I had to stop finasteride after using it for more than 10 years.

You will be in safe hands if you choose to undergo your surgery with Dr. Turan.

All the best in your journey guys.

1650695214_WhatsAppImage2022-06-24at7_12_01PM.thumb.jpeg.fb89f76fe2c342734dfd1cbdbfd89e35.jpeg

1506928587_WhatsAppImage2022-06-24at7_12.01PM(1).thumb.jpeg.30f2b0760aec2519651b7f29c8b92591.jpeg

Edited by Isva

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hello Gatsby,

Please find below some temple work and couple of repair cases.
CASE 1 - HL and temple reconstruction.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e2288d0208d40c8d771e45c4ce9f67d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ef232c987e20cfcb560bebe2faf2d76a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com
email: myhair@fuecapilar.com
Tlf/whatsapp: +90 542 250 0909

Case 3 - NW V-Va and temple reconstruction, this case will be in Dr. Turan´s profile with additional photos of the rest of the implanted areas.

image.thumb.jpeg.381bfa72e228c40a133ef6cf31123fd0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c2b07cfbd442c2d87c4e4b361a9ef5d7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4aba55fc920c7227410f2016f4b9a4a6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dde3752c9992a3af90fad0fed95c5e06.jpeg

Edited by FUECAPILAR
  • Thanks 1

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com

TOUCH UP - FUT scar reconstruction

60 years old

Thin hair

2 previous FUT surgeries

Classification:

Number of grafts:

Single 1200

Double 1454

Triple 474

Quadruple 32

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com

• Administrators

@FUECAPILAR

Thank you for sharing these cases, great work indeed! 

View my thread

Female repair surgery with multiple grafts extracted from the hairline with the manual punch

32 years old

3031 grafts

Classification:

Graft to hair ratio: 1: 1.92

Single - 652

Double - 1966

Triples - 391

Quadruple - 10

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Edited by FUECAPILAR
  • Like 2

Jose Navarrete
---
www.fuecapilar.com

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing some female results. 

• Like 2

View my thread

Sounds great to me, I just hope Dr. Turan doesn't do what Dr. Bicer does, and that is, that he will raise the price within a year, after he becomes popular thanks to this forum.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Egy said:

Sounds great to me, I just hope Dr. Turan doesn't do what Dr. Bicer does, and that is, that he will raise the price within a year, after he becomes popular thanks to this forum.

I see nothing wrong with raising the cost. The problem is diluting the quality and adding more surgeries. The latter is unacceptable. If you’re doing good work, and have high demand, you deserve to be compensated according to the demand. This is how the free market works. 

• Like 1

View my thread

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:
19 minutes ago, Egy said:

I see nothing wrong with raising the cost. The problem is diluting the quality and adding more surgeries. The latter is unacceptable. If you’re doing good work, and have high demand, you deserve to be compensated according to the demand. This is how the free market works. 

Yes, yes, @Melvin- Moderator.is as you say ok.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of the Choi implanter ,Hakan  doganay used that system with me in Antalya twice with disastrous results,out of 6600 grafts,maybe 2000 survived.

Edited by Xkos48

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s exactly what doganay did in Antalya with disastrous results afterwards 

13 minutes ago, Xkos48 said:

I’m not a fan of the Choi implanter ,Hakan  doganay used that system with me in Antalya twice with disastrous results,out of 6600 grafts,maybe 2000 survived.

I agree

Both Hakan Doganay and Tayfun Oguzoglu have extremely poor survival rate. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Jason Blaha said:

I agree

Both Hakan Doganay and Tayfun Oguzoglu have extremely poor survival rate. 

Tools are only as good as the person using them. 

View my thread