Jump to content

Ingrown hair prior to implantation. Do we need to cancel?


Recommended Posts

Long road to recovery after a botched transplant in April 2021 from a clinic I’m not legally allowed to name. Dr Hasson has taken on my case. So far we’ve had 3 rounds of extraction of the old/damaged grafts(last was may 27th), and tomorrow (Friday June 24th) is supported to be my surgery for implantation and removal of the remaining damaged grafts. The general redness is normal as I’m still healing, but I just got out of the shower and noticed I have an ingrown hair or something and am now panicking my surgery will be canceled.  I’ve been left so horribly damaged from the botched surgery and I was so beyond excited for his big step in my recovery. Been counting down the days for 6 months waiting. I want to vomit or cry at the prospect of having my surgery canceled. Does anyone have anything which may lift my spirits or give me hope it may still happen?

4FEEF4DB-B7AE-4F4D-ACE2-88B5E23AF890.jpeg

77FFAE53-F2C2-486C-8317-7DB8D5C628D5.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does not matter what anyone here says. It only matters how Dr Hasson wants to pursue. You should contact him ASAP and ask. I get the impression though he is more on the aggressive side when it comes to surgeries. I can just see him putting you on some strong antibiotics, and proceeding without any issues. But contact the clinic

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the reply. I contacted the clinic as soon as I saw at 5:01, and unfortunately they closed at 5:00. I managed to get into my doctor today and they gave me antibiotics just to be safe. So at least I have a head start. 
 

Obviously I will do whatever is best, but man; this has been such a slog, and the prospect of pushing everything back ANOTHER 6+ months is….bleak. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bunson212 said:

Thank you for the reply. I contacted the clinic as soon as I saw at 5:01, and unfortunately they closed at 5:00. I managed to get into my doctor today and they gave me antibiotics just to be safe. So at least I have a head start. 
 

Obviously I will do whatever is best, but man; this has been such a slog, and the prospect of pushing everything back ANOTHER 6+ months is….bleak. 

@Bunson212 I can feel your angst. I had terrible work performed many years ago which required plastic surgery over a six year time framed. I remember one appointment for surgery and when I arrived I was informed that it had been changed for another six month review. That nearly killed me! Wishing you all the best! 👌

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard Dr Hasson talk in a video once giving examples he's decided to proceed after discovering a patient has a worse complications than an ingown hair - If I was you I'd be confident he wouldn't let this stop him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before you despair, wait to hear from Dr. Hasson, he might also tell you to wait a month or two, not necessarily 6 months or even that he will do your procedure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bunson,

Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about what you’ve been through.  It always saddens me when I see patients go through this.   And truthfully this is exactly why I and others on this forum advise prospective patients not to select a surgeon strictly based on prove or location.  Obviously I don’t know the details of you precious procedure but I really hate to see this happen to people.

I know you’re discouraged right now but wait to see what Dr. Hasson has to say before panicking.   Besides, worst cases scenario, surgery would likely only be delayed a short while until the area heals a bit.   I know you don’t want that but whatever he decides, I trust her be doing what he feels is in your best interest.  Ultimately, a skilled and experienced surgeon would only transplant into the recipient area if they feel it’s going to produce and yield results.

Since today is the planned date of your surgery, please let us know what was decided and how everything went. I know we all are hoping the best for you and that you ultimately get the results and head of hair you want and deserve.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

Dr Hasson wasn’t concerned at all, especially since I started antibiotics (“good man”, he said). We did 1700 FUE, with hopefully another 1700 in January to let all the skin heal. I have lots of scar tissue from the repair job. 
 

I have always been told I have great donor hairs, but my extractor today said the opposite and doesn’t think I have enough for the 1700 in January. This was certainly a shock and quite discouraging as I’d always been told the opposite. 
 

Dr. Hasson said the amount implanted today is a “skeleton” of what my new hair will look like and will be filled in as much as possible in January. He said with the current 1700 I won’t be able to wear my hair back as it won’t look great with the density. Bit of a bummer I was really hoping to be able to finally wear my hair back this Christmas. 

I’ve attached post surgery photos below. Would love to hear any positive comments only please as I’m still emotionally fragile from this repair process :)
 

 

BDBDE9CC-01A1-4D47-AE94-FE39624185A4.jpeg

2628EED4-D48F-44E0-927F-86DC24C7988E.jpeg

3C6E31CF-DB56-4DC7-8496-7A9FEEB32016.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...