Hair transplant Turkey advice

Hi all, recently I have decided to finally get a hair transplant in Turkey after months of research. 
I had narrowed down to 2 clinics, Fuecapilar and Armamed and contacted them.
A brief description of my situation, I’m 36 years old and I slowly started to lose my hair around 15 years ago and I believe my hair loss has somewhat stabilised within the last 5 years. I dont take any medication like finasteride or minoxidil for my hair loss as I have heard negative some side effects from people taking them.

Anyway Fuecapilar replied saying that I should start using finasteride and minoxidil to stabilise my hairloss for 9-12 months and contact them again in 9-12 months time to reassess my situation.

Aramamed has said they can perform the HT which i will need between 3500-4000 grafts. They also advice me to start using finasteride and minoxidil.

My question is do I follow Fuecapilars advice or do I go with Armamed?

Can I use biotin instead of finasteride and has anyone had any side effects from using finasteride, minoxidil or biotin?

Thank you for your time

Edited by Match_no1

FueCapilar....most men don't get side effects from either drug so you should try taking them. If you get side effects you can try reducing the dosage and/or frequency while still benefiting from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second the above. My transplant will be with dr. Turan in August, but I have a screening scheduled with dr. Bisanga next week to evaluate my donor and overall scalp condition.

I happen to live in Belgium, so that does make it a lot easier. 

I would definitely give fina and minox a shot. I'm on an oral regimen of both, combined with 2 days of duta per week - no fin on these days. If you are afraid of sides, you could microdose your way up to build tolerance and test your "limits".

General consensus is to usualy wait after a year with meds since there is a small chance you might regain some hair while also arresting the development.

Like thay you'll probably need less graft, and plus side of stabilising the hairloss that both party knows where it's gonna head. Afterall if even with meds it's still agressive, then you're not really a good candidate and the risk of keep losing hair is there

• Valued Contributor

I would not even consider a hair transplant until after a year of finasteride (and I'd add minoxidol) to see if you can stabalize your hair loss and perhaps even improve it. Surgery is always a last resort. MPB is progressive over the lifespan. Biotin is just a vitamin and is not in the same league as 5ari's and minoxidil. I strongly urge you to continue to keep doing your research and ask lots of questions. If you could post some pics (with your eyes covered, etc) we will be able to give you better advice also. All the best!

Hi mate, from what it’s worth I was really scared to start taking finasteride after reading some of the horror stories. But I decided to take the risk as I had decided I was over balding and wanted to go down the transplant path. After 7 months I haven’t had any sides at all. 

This is just my opinion and based on what I have seen from friends. The only guys I know who have had side effects have all used steroids at some stage in the past, the people who haven’t it did nothing to their sex drive or function or at least to a point they had to stop. 

Again just want to be clear that’s just from what I have observed from the small handful people I know who use it. 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Toot said:

Yep very fair statement. That’s why I wanted to be really clear it was just my small observation. Fingers crossed I stay side affect free 

I think it's pretty fair to say that if you have successfully been on finasteride for seven months then you are extremely unlikely (if at all) to develop side effects. The vast majority of patients state that side effects occur anywhere from first week up until the first couple of months. There are the odd outliers but I that is extremely rare. Of the two I like Fuecapillar however Dr Bicer would be my own pic. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you everyone for all the valuable information. I will try finasteride and minoxidil first before going for the transplant. 
Hopefully i will see some good regrowth and stabilisation and will less grafts if I need a hair transplant.

One last question are there any finasteride and minoxidil brands which are better or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Match_no1 said:

Thank you everyone for all the valuable information. I will try finasteride and minoxidil first before going for the transplant. 
Hopefully i will see some good regrowth and stabilisation and will less grafts if I need a hair transplant.

One last question are there any finasteride and minoxidil brands which are better or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks

in general it's the same, but some brand do up and low the actual dosage and content for their own marketing/financing gimmick, but technically you can pick any 'trustworthy' brand. for example many places finasteride is actually proscar, which is 5mg finasteride which then they break into quarter for daily consumption (that's 1.25mg though), there are some who just grind them and dose them individually to sell into capsule. it's best if you can get a prescription and get them in apothecaries however.

• Thanks 1