Female 30s | high forehead | FUE 2000+ grafts

Greetings! Just about to start my journey with FUE in the coming weeks for estimated 2000+ grafts.

As a female I’m surprised at the lack of information and posts out there. I’m scheduled for female hairline lowering due to genetically high forehead and hair thinning over the years. I’d love to gain more support and provide info for future candidates. I’m scheduled with a well-reputed North American hair transplant surgeon.

I hope everything goes well. I will try to as much as I anonymously can post here to provide feedback and updates. Please send good vibes! Very nervous.

good to hear you'd like to provide info for future candidates. If you're in Australia as your name suggests, I think they need it with their local options!

Sounds like you've done your due diligence and If your surgeon is one listed here you're off to a better start than most. Best wishes

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

There are a few females out here @x.moonprincess.xo is one recent case that comes to mind. Also another one, though it hasn’t been updated 

I suggest you reach out to both of these members. I hope in the future more women will come forward and share their reviews. Unfortunately, many suffer in silence. I look forward to following your journey 🙌🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, aussiefemale said:

Greetings! Just about to start my journey with FUE in the coming weeks for estimated 2000+ grafts.

As a female I’m surprised at the lack of information and posts out there. I’m scheduled for female hairline lowering due to genetically high forehead and hair thinning over the years. I’d love to gain more support and provide info for future candidates. I’m scheduled with a well-reputed North American hair transplant surgeon.

I hope everything goes well. I will try to as much as I anonymously can post here to provide feedback and updates. Please send good vibes! Very nervous.

Hi @aussiefemale. I also live in Australia. Firstly thank God you haven't been signed up by a surgeon from here. I don't mean to bad mouth Australian surgeons. It's just that I have been following and having consultations with them here for the past 37 years and the so called best ones will place double's in your frontal hairline and then try and tell you that it is what you see in natural hairlines. Anyway, that aside I look forward to hearing form your feed back and updates should you go ahead with surgery. Also I totally agree that more work needs to be done on educating the public on female hair loss. Thank you for posting on this forum as it will shine a light of hope for other sufferers of female hair loss. All the best!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

Can you rock this haircut? It looks better than regular ones imho and you wouldnt need surgery

Untghfjghitled-620220308234929.jpg

@SimpleLifeHi hi! Ive had this exact hairstyle for 15+ years now. I love this style and bangs but would love to not carry a blow dryer and straightener everywhere I go ☹️ The moment wind gusts, moisture or water get hold of my hair, it completely ruins the look. It’s a lot of maintenance and not hot/humid climate friendly at all. Im also active and outdoorsy, so it would be nice to just roll in and out of the shower without planning the whole week around my hair schedule. It’s tough to explain but it would be nice to just wake up and not worry about how the bangs have settled overnight.

Id love to be confident and rock the whole high forehead look like notable celebs: Angelina Jolie, Ricci, Cara Delevigne, Tyra Banks, Irina Shayk but its just not me. Hair has thinned at the front and could look healthier and more feminine. It’s certainly not a “need” per se, but if surgery means more confidence and freedom to live life without these constraints, I’d love to give it a shot. Hopefully it’s a good decision 🙏🏽

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, aussiefemale said:

@SimpleLifeHi hi! Ive had this exact hairstyle for 15+ years now. I love this style and bangs but would love to not carry a blow dryer and straightener everywhere I go ☹️ The moment wind gusts, moisture or water get hold of my hair, it completely ruins the look. It’s a lot of maintenance and not hot/humid climate friendly at all. Im also active and outdoorsy, so it would be nice to just roll in and out of the shower without planning the whole week around my hair schedule. It’s tough to explain but it would be nice to just wake up and not worry about how the bangs have settled overnight.

Id love to be confident and rock the whole high forehead look like notable celebs: Angelina Jolie, Ricci, Cara Delevigne, Tyra Banks, Irina Shayk but its just not me. Hair has thinned at the front and could look healthier and more feminine. It’s certainly not a “need” per se, but if surgery means more confidence and freedom to live life without these constraints, I’d love to give it a shot. Hopefully it’s a good decision 🙏🏽

You should check out Dr. Nadimi, she has a lot of forehead reduction cases, which is a great option for women with high foreheads. She also does many hair transplants. Patient selection is key, you may be better suited for hair transplantation, but it’s good to explore these different options. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbizWZfFbG4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEdsfcrO2D/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

29 minutes ago, aussiefemale said:

I definitely understand how you feel, enslaved to hair products & the maintenance probably sucks energy out of you everyday. I also want to live life more "reckless" or "impulsive"  without having to think about anything hairloss related. Idk if these are the right words, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. Also being paranoid about wind & water is not a healthy way to live life

Still, if this look is a banger the last thing I would do is get a HT tbh. Despite all the points mentioned above. 

29 minutes ago, aussiefemale said:

Dont want to scare you but a HT that goes wrong (low graft survival rate, further thinning with a depleted donor etc) will completely ruin your life. Not tryin to judge, but sounds like youre looking at the positives only 

Imo you have to take 2 steps back and try to asses things in the most rational way possible (difficult since you really want to have a lower hairline), but majority of time a HT doesnt mean a life without constraints at all, at least not for guys. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You should check out Dr. Nadimi, she has a lot of forehead reduction cases, which is a great option for women with high foreheads. She also does many hair transplants. Patient selection is key, you may be better suited for hair transplantation, but it’s good to explore these different options. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbizWZfFbG4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEdsfcrO2D/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Her work is amazing! The second one with the grafts looks fantastic. Hoping it turns out great for the patient!

RE: forehead reductions. I’ve looked into it and can confidently say it’s not for me. I consulted with a wellknown clinic (previously Dr Kabaker’s) and they suggested it for me - mind you during peak Covid and zoom only consults. So they likely didn’t know my scalp or genetics well. After reading many reviews from patients and folks on RealSelf it was too big a risk to take for someone with an already thinning hairline. Once you get the reduction aka stitching it can decrease blood flow and cause further hair loss which is really difficult to correct with an HT later on. A number of patients complained about this so I didn’t want to risk that at all.

Since we are talking doctors my finalists were: Diep, Konior, Rahal and Wasserbauer. After meeting with them two were scratch-offs right away. And the other two were tough to decide between.

Edited by aussiefemale

14 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

Dont want to scare you but a HT that goes wrong (low graft survival rate, further thinning with a depleted donor etc) will completely ruin your life. Not tryin to judge, but sounds like youre looking at the positives only 

Imo you have to take 2 steps back and try to asses things in the most rational way possible (difficult since you really want to have a lower hairline), but majority of time a HT doesnt mean a life without constraints at all, at least not for guys. 

You are right. No decision is easy and ive gone back and forth so much with this. This is also not a sudden decision. Ive thought about this at least for the last 10 years if not more. Even consulted back in the day and thought no not worth it. Just came to a point where I thought is my identity just my bangs now? Because it really has become that since it’s the only look ive carried for almost two decades. Tbh its livable and by the grace of God it’s not a severe medical condition - Im fully aware and grateful for that. Definitely risky opting for such an invasive procedure for cosmetic purposes, but only time will tell. Can only make calculated decisions and the rest is out of our hands 🙏

@SimpleLife appreciate the note on reminding me to see beyond surgery as the solution. Oftentimes it’s all in our head (or FOREhead in this case 😜)

Edited by aussiefemale
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FUE completed Day 2:

2600 grafts

Lots of facial swelling and 45-degree reclining. I have no idea what the end result will be but anxiously waiting for Day 14 to arrive. As a south Asian/Indian female it’s definitely challenging being able to keep this procedure lowkey unless I just stay out of sight until grafts are secure. Guess thats the price so Im okay as long as it goes smoothly from here. Praying this was a good decision and it turns out successfully 🙏🏽🙏🏽

B85A8AA3-BB60-4307-A852-82506D8FA6F9.jpeg

E45F09D7-C68B-4769-B24F-FCDA3BDA8EF5.jpeg

Edited by aussiefemale
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, aussiefemale said:

FUE completed Day 2:

2600 grafts

Lots of facial swelling and 45-degree reclining. I have no idea what the end result will be but anxiously waiting for Day 14 to arrive. As a south Asian/Indian female it’s definitely challenging being able to keep this procedure lowkey unless I just stay out of sight until grafts are secure. Guess thats the price so Im okay as long as it goes smoothly from here. Praying this was a good decision and it turns out successfully 🙏🏽🙏🏽

B85A8AA3-BB60-4307-A852-82506D8FA6F9.jpeg

E45F09D7-C68B-4769-B24F-FCDA3BDA8EF5.jpeg

Rahal?

Looks like clean work by the surgeon. Best of luck to you and we look forward to more pictures in a few months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t reach my care team right now, asking for advice here in the meantime!

Photos attached. I was feeling an uncomfortable cyst/pimple at the back of my head aka donor area. I, unfortunately, pulled on it and pulled out hair at the root(s), too. There was some spot bleeding and I have cleaned and sprayed with saline for now. Anyone experience this? Should I do anything else?

Concerned about a possible infection. Please advise! 🙏

27DA0708-C5A8-4AE1-84F4-C5CB714CCC6A.jpeg

30E66A11-FA43-4009-AE0E-8B1760C357BB.jpeg

99D0E53A-7355-491E-9660-D21F375BA143.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks like an ingrown hair, nothing particularly alarming.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, aussiefemale said:

So, the bleeding and size of “open wound” shouldn’t be concerning?

Not when you pull out an ingrown hair, it’s normal to see some blood. Just like it’s normal for pimples to bleed after you pop them. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Get used to ingrown hairs/pimples.  Perfectly normal.  I had plenty of them.  Try to restrain from squeezing them and just let your body take care of them....unless you get a particularly bad one that may be infected, which doesn't happen often.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

HT community! My doc office is closed rn. Some questions below. It’s been 7 weeks since FUE:

- Is it safe to go in HOT hot water? Planning to go to one of those Nordic spas where the water is extreme temperatures. Really cold and really hot. Is that alright?

- Sauna/steam rooms? Are those safe?

- I’ve been wearing baseball caps regularly. Ive noticed every now and then as I’m pulling off cap, some hairs are naturally shedding, but once or twice I’ve felt my hat pull out my hair. How concerning is this? I pulled out a 2-follicle graft today and felt it pull out.