Is Dr. Koray Erdogan reliable? I am planning on getting my hair transplanted by him.

I am thinking about getting my hair transplanted by him because of the relativity low price he charges while still being considered somewhat legit.  He quoted me 3200-3500 grafts as you can see in the picture below. I am planning on getting my hair transplanted by him and not his tech team, which should be around 8500 euros.

I wanted to go for Dr Demirsoy because he was cheaper but he never replied back to my emails.

image.jpeg

There are better options at 2.5€ per graft.

Dr. Bicer charges 2.5
HLC charges 2.7
Dr. Pekiner charges 2.7

In Portugal you can get Dr. Pinto for 2.7 and Dr. Ferreira for 3.0

I'd pick any of those over Erdogan. And these options are performed by the doctor.

• Like 6

I would second what Tony said here. 

You better avoid ASMED. I don't wanna sound like I'm criticizing them all the time but the reality is they were removed from this forum for a good reason. Please stay away. All I have to say. 

Bicer is the only reliable option in Turkey. She is good and consistent. I like her.  Although slightly overhyped on this forum. 

HLC is decent too but they have quite a few  questionable results here as well as on the german forum so I don't feel comfortable recommending them anymore. But they are better than ASMED, that's for sure. 

Pekiner is good although there were some issues with him on this forum. I've seen only 2 bad results from him so far. He's good for the most part but known for cherry picking his patients. 

Bruno Pinto, Ferreira , Ximena Vila, Freitas are the very best and most consistent in Europe in the 2.5 to 3.5 € per graft range 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Dr. Bicer charges 2.5
HLC charges 2.7
Dr. Pekiner charges 2.7

I'd pick any of those over Erdogan. And these options are performed by the doctor.

Who is the main doctor at HLC now?

Spain,Portugal or Belgium are better options

Erdogan used to be one of the best in the world but recent years this has changed, I would stay away from Turkey except maybe HLC

• Like 2

He quoted you 2.5  per graft, at which Dr Erdogan is doing the incisions. On Turkey you could consider Pekiner, HLC, Yaman, Bicer, Dr Turan and Dr Gur. There are good options to go to..

Edited by Gramatik

• Administrators

Research carefully. Speak to past patients. Do not rush, best of luck in your research.

Check out my final hair transplant journey

My Final Hair Transplant Journey (Over 9K Total FUE Grafts) 

View my thread

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I'd suggest saving up and going to a European doctor. The difference between a few grand can make a world of difference in results. There's also a few other doctors in Turkey I prefer, but generally it's hard to compete with some of the elite doctors in Spain as of late. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Who is the main doctor at HLC now?

It's run by Dr. Ozgur (he might own it). He's the one that does the plan, draws the lines on the scalp and refines the hairline. But he does this with the other doctors in the room, all participating. But I'm not sure if he does any surgeries anymore. 

There a new doctor, I forget his name. From what I've read, Cengiz and Elif are doing a lot of work

On 6/22/2022 at 10:37 PM, MachoVato said:

Dr. Bicer charges 2.5
HLC charges 2.7
Dr. Pekiner charges 2.7

On 6/22/2022 at 11:11 PM, Jason Blaha said:

I would second what Tony said here. 

You better avoid ASMED. I don't wanna sound like I'm criticizing them all the time but the reality is they were removed from this forum for a good reason. Please stay away. All I have to say. 

Bicer is the only reliable option in Turkey. She is good and consistent. I like her.  Although slightly overhyped on this forum. 

HLC is decent too but they have quite a few  questionable results here as well as on the german forum so I don't feel comfortable recommending them anymore. But they are better than ASMED, that's for sure. 

Pekiner is good although there were some issues with him on this forum. I've seen only 2 bad results from him so far. He's good for the most part but known for cherry picking his patients. 

Bruno Pinto, Ferreira , Ximena Vila, Freitas are the very best and most consistent in Europe in the 2.5 to 3.5 € per graft range 

Thanks for the help. I am going to contact Dr Bicer's Clinic. How is Dr Resul Yaman compared to her? His prices are almost too good to be true.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:31 PM, Mike10 said:

How old are you now? Is your hair loss stable?

20 Years old

I am already on finasteride for 2.5 years which has completely halted my hair loss from progressing.

To be perfectly honest, at 20 years of age and looking at surgery on a budget, I would really urge you to hold off on surgery now. It’s a recipe for disaster long term. Hair loss is progressive over the lifespan. Where will your hair loss be at 25? What if medication loses its punch? No surgery is guaranteed regardless of who in the world performs it. You need a surgical plan for life. Not for just now. Any surgeon who agrees to surgery now really should be a red flag. I know it’s a hard pill to swallow but in a few years from now, looking back at surgery could taste like poison. All the best! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HairIsLife said:

Thanks for the help. I am going to contact Dr Bicer's Clinic. How is Dr Resul Yaman compared to her? His prices are almost too good to be true.

With Dr. Resul Yaman you are stepping out of safe territory. 

I will be honest: I have seen some good work from his clinic. 

But I've also seen a couple cases of permanently damaged donor areas and really botched jobs.

As far as I know, he outscources a lot  of the work to his nurses. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HairIsLife said:

20 Years old

I am already on finasteride for 2.5 years which has completely halted my hair loss from progressing.

Way too young. Not surprised asmed has agreed to do surgery on you as theyve shown signs of unethical behavior many times on this board and others. There is no decent doctor that would take you on at your age 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jason Blaha said:

What is your opinion about Dr. Russell Knudsen and Dr. Vicrum Jayapra CASH ? 

I've spoken about this 'clinic' several times on this forum and I don't think I've made any friends here in Oz who have had surgery by them. However having said that. I've had consultations with both of them. I know the clinic well because their predecessor Dr Richard Shiel performed a reconstructive surgery on me there many years ago. Dr Knudsen learned from Dr Sheil. The best they could do to give me an idea on the results I could get was to show me an old collection of a few before and after pictures of patients who had doubles in the hairline and had a thinning result with hair that looked nothing like mine. The fact that they even considered me for surgery spoke volumes with the skill set they both don't have (and you have to remind yourself on how many years Dr Knudsen has been doing this for)! Their have been a few patients of their's who have posted on here and each one has presented with doubles in the hairline to which they paid a fortune for (compared to much more skilled, esteemed and economical surgeons overseas). I brought this up with one person and he told me Dr Vik told him that doubles are seen in nature in the frontal hairline!!

On a separate issue is Dr Jayaprakash. If you Google his name, New Zealand and fraud, you will discover the main reason why I am not a fan of him. This is on public record so anyone can view this. So when we talk about surgeons and ethics it incredibly important to 'do your homework.' I'm fortunate that I've been around the game now for 37 years and one thing in this industry is that once you sell your credibility you can never buy it back!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I've spoken about this 'clinic' several times on this forum and I don't think I've made any friends here in Oz who have had surgery by them. However having said that. I've had consultations with both of them. I know the clinic well because their predecessor Dr Richard Shiel performed a reconstructive surgery on me there many years ago. Dr Knudsen learned from Dr Sheil. The best they could do to give me an idea on the results I could get was to show me an old collection of a few before and after pictures of patients who had doubles in the hairline and had a thinning result with hair that looked nothing like mine. The fact that they even considered me for surgery spoke volumes with the skill set they both don't have (and you have to remind yourself on how many years Dr Knudsen has been doing this for)! Their have been a few patients of their's who have posted on here and each one has presented with doubles in the hairline to which they paid a fortune for (compared to much more skilled, esteemed and economical surgeons overseas). I brought this up with one person and he told me Dr Vik told him that doubles are seen in nature in the frontal hairline!!

On a separate issue is Dr Jayaprakash. If you Google his name, New Zealand and fraud, you will discover the main reason why I am not a fan of him. This is on public record so anyone can view this. So when we talk about surgeons and ethics it incredibly important to 'do your homework.' I'm fortunate that I've been around the game now for 37 years and one thing in this industry is that once you sell your credibility you can never buy it back!

Thank for the rapid, honest and detailed feedback. 

How was the final result of your procedure with Dr. Sheil back in the day  

Yes I do remember coming across this article obline reporting how Dr. Vikram lied in his curriculum vitae...

Also, I found it quite strange that Dr. Knudsen who's been practicing Hair Restoration for over 30 years has very few results and testimonials online except a couple results on his website (that look average) and only one great result on his old youtube channel (not the Hairloss Show). 

Yes, I believe Dr. Knudsen is incredibly knowledgable in pharmacology (like MorePlatesMoreDates and Haircafé) and offers a phenomenal insight on his youtube channel but his biggest problem is that he is way too theoretical....

Dr. Vicrum has very few results too. Couple results on his Instagram and I've seen only 2 on this forum so far. One was a very small procedure of 400 grafts or so and the result was questionable. 

Another one was absolutely outstanding withcrazy yield. But this is just one isolated case so it doesn' mean anything. 

But yeah they are both extremely expensive and their lack of available results is quite worrisome.

All in all, I totally agree with you.

Their youtube channel is really amazing but they are too expensive and they are certainly much better options in that price range. 

Btw Gatsby what happened to Dr. Knudsen ? Seems like he does not appear in the Hairloss Show videos anymore... Are Dr. Vicrum and Dr. Russell still working together ? 

I honestly prefered the old videos with Dr.Knudsen. He was going way more in-depth and was a lot more interesting. 

Edited by Jason Blaha
  • Like 2

It was Dr Shiel who saved me from damage. When I saw him (after I had plastic surgery) he refused to perform a hair transplant on me due to knowing that I would regret it. It was he that suggested that I consider a hair piece. I currently am not aware of the working relationship of Dr Vikram and Dr Knudsen. Their ‘Hair loss Show’ was really borne from Melbourne’s Covid lock down. Yes I agree that Dr Knudsen is the more knowledgeable. All the best!  

17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

To be perfectly honest, at 20 years of age and looking at surgery on a budget, I would really urge you to hold off on surgery now. It’s a recipe for disaster long term. Hair loss is progressive over the lifespan. Where will your hair loss be at 25? What if medication loses its punch? No surgery is guaranteed regardless of who in the world performs it. You need a surgical plan for life. Not for just now. Any surgeon who agrees to surgery now really should be a red flag. I know it’s a hard pill to swallow but in a few years from now, looking back at surgery could taste like poison. All the best! 

11 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Way too young. Not surprised asmed has agreed to do surgery on you as theyve shown signs of unethical behavior many times on this board and others. There is no decent doctor that would take you on at your age 

Even though I have been on finasteride for almost 3 years ? I mean, I didn't experience any further hair loss since I have started taking it. wouldn't that count as stabilizing my hair loss?

Just now, HairIsLife said:

Even though I have been on finasteride for almost 3 years ? I mean, I didn't experience any further hair loss since I have started taking it. wouldn't that count as stabilizing my hair loss?

20 is way too young. Your pattern of loss is not established yet. I started fin at 20 and have lost ground at the front through the years. Fin works well in the mid scalp and crown but not as well at the hairline.

this is not an easy one and done kind of thing. You donor is finite and you don’t want to be chasing your loss with surgeries

• Like 1