Good HT clinic in Turkey

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some opinions on what clinics in Turkey people would recommend. I’ve attached photos to show my hair currently. Have never had a HT before.

I’ve looked around and got quotes from a few.

Hair of Instanbul - £4,000 - My cousin got it done here earlier in the year, they sound like one of the top ones and his results are good. £4,000 is above my budget though.

Alsi Tarcan - £1,800 - have read some good things and not so great things about them. The communication sounds shocking but that doesn’t really bother me as long as the results are good.

IdealofMeD - not quoted yet - These seem professional and we’re asking the origins of my scar and wanting more details than Alsi Tarcan.

Price is a main factor for me. Really can’t afford to go over £2,500. I just want to find somewhere who’ll do a good job for that price.

im thinking FUE is the way to go. Wouldn’t mind DHI either but that’s going to be more expensive.

any recommendations would be welcome.

D73B71A2-E0EC-406E-9D17-CAD636FD56B7.jpeg

7336B311-7628-49C6-9D09-BA2108A879A8.jpeg

B0BA2BFA-9DF1-4CAB-9710-DFF055E6B840.jpeg

52C8D0AB-96A9-4657-8D50-0414BB594734.jpeg

ED42DAC2-CA71-4356-AC03-6092FCC1CCB5.jpeg

780515DC-32EF-4250-BC99-CC345CDA7965.jpeg

• Administrators

If you can’t afford a decent surgeon DO NOT get surgery! Doing nothing is never a bad choice. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Youngie277 said:

Any of these any good?

80C82A56-6948-40D1-AEF1-BEE8D4F68B32.png

In a word? No.

The lease expensive option I could point  you to would be Dr. Turan at FueCapilar. I *think* he charges 4000€ for 4000 grafts, one day procedure. But anything cheaper than that is gambling.

• Like 1

Are you only looking for crown work or hairline work?

If it's just crown work... You might be able to get by with fewer grafts and afford a clinic charging even 1.5-2 euro per graft.

If you want hair line and crown work then... don't get botched lol

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Youngie277 said:

Is there no decent clinics around the £3000 level?

Going in thinking “I’m only gonna spend _” is a sure way to get botched. We’re talking about your head here not a car or washer machine. You should be looking at the best results first, then if you find a surgeon you feel will do a good job, find out the cost and save up if you don’t have enough. There are plenty of clinics that will take your money, the vast majority will give you unnatural results with an overharvested donor. Best to do nothing if you’re not willing to invest in yourself. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Youngie277 said:

Well what premium threashold guarantees a good job then?

There’s no guarantees, but your chances go up dramatically. If you go to a hair mill that charges $1500. The chances of you getting botched is about  80%. If you go to a quality clinic, the chance of success is around 90-95%. Of course, no one can guarantee results, if you can’t accept this, again, DO NOT get surgery. 

• Like 3

View my thread

If you want to play Russian roulette, choose one of those hair mills you have on the list, but know that if something goes wrong, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Youngie277 said:

So Dr Bicer or Dr Turan

any other good recommendations?

We have a list of recommended doctors from the forum. I suggest looking at results first! Forget about cost, once you get some quotes and your research, THAN you can start adjusting the list based on your budget. But never search for doctors based on cost. Results> cost and location. 

Our list

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1

View my thread

No no no. 

Huge red flags to all the clinics you brought up. 

Please never get  surgery with any of these.  

You have significant vertex hairloss. 

The crown is extremely hard to tackle because of the skull shape and also because of the direction that hairs grow.  You wouldn't believe how many grafts it requires to look full. 

You need to look into the following doctors 

Dr. Zarev 

Dr. Pitella 

Dr. Sethi (not some cheap packages from Eugenix though) 

Dr. Pinto 

Dr. Ximena Vila 

Dr. Wong 

These doctors have the best results on the crown.

Turkish hairmills will destroy your donor area in one surgery and then you will NEVER have enough grafts to close that bald spot on the crown.

You need around 4000 grafts to make it look full. 

Your hairloss seeems quite agressive. Are you on medication ?

If not, I highly recommend you talk to a very good HT surgeon or trichologist and get a prescription for oral Dutasteride 0.5mg daily and oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily for a least 6 months before considering any surgery. 

• Like 2

Alright so... everyone has been dissuading you, so i don't need to tell you more about the clinics you're considering.

What i want to tell you is to check bad results posted here. That way you can see what kind of nightmare can happen, and why everyone is trying to steer you clear. With the hair mills, its not always a botch, but less than average result is commonplace. Problem is you become one of the very badly botched work. If you want to fix them, its gonna cost you probably triple, and no, just shaving it won't rid you of the problem.

Other thing, it seems like your receding area are scarred? What happened? Any skin and scalp condition can greatly affects HT result.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hope everything is NOVA said:

No no no. 

Huge red flags to all the clinics you brought up. 

Please never get  surgery with any of these.  

You have significant vertex hairloss. 

The crown is extremely hard to tackle because of the skull shape and also because of the direction that hairs grow.  You wouldn't believe how many grafts it requires to look full. 

You need to look into the following doctors 

Dr. Zarev 

Dr. Pitella 

Dr. Sethi (not some cheap packages from Eugenix though) 

Dr. Pinto 

Dr. Ximena Vila 

Dr. Wong 

These doctors have the best results on the crown.

Turkish hairmills will destroy your donor area in one surgery and then you will NEVER have enough grafts to close that bald spot on the crown.

You need around 4000 grafts to make it look full. 

Your hairloss seeems quite agressive. Are you on medication ?

If not, I highly recommend you talk to a very good HT surgeon or trichologist and get a prescription for oral Dutasteride 0.5mg daily and oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily for a least 6 months before considering any surgery. 

Lmao did you not see he has a budget and your recommending him lol people like Dr wong who probably charges 20k lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sukh123 said:

Lmao did you not see he has a budget and your recommending him lol people like Dr wong who probably charges 20k lol

Lmao 

What is your agenda here internet kid ? 

So which "budget clinic" that has a history of consistent and great results on the vertex do you recommend internet kid ? 😂😂 Lol...

You think some of the mentionned clinics be able to solve his vertex issue in one go for 3000€ max ? If so, you are totally desillusionnal...

We all know that "budget clinics" in Turkey are russian roulette while the vertex is an extremely delicate area to work on....

You gotta  get it right from the first time and maximize graft yield because the crown will cost you thousands of grafts. 

I'm sure you know it very well. 

Stop downplaying the just get a hair transplant in cheap clinic....Your attitude is dangerous and unfair. You are misleading people and portraying hair transplants like they were no big deal. Be careful. 

Only cheaper option I would ever consider in Turkey are Demirsoy, Turan, Gur. Bicer significantly raised prices recently. They are all decent options but none of them is particularly skilled for the crown. 

When you have such extensive baldness on the vertex better hold off from doing surgery until you can afford someone really really good for that specifically. 

You have only one limited donor. 

• Like 2

Going to Turkey for diffuse thinning is a bad idea -- I've only seen a handleful of decent results (all those doctors are outside budget). Every single clinic on the initial list is a surefire way of having a local butcher deplete the donor. OP do not get a transplant, especially with that shoe-string budget. It's the equivalent of buying a $500 car and expecting it to last you for life. DONT.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@Youngie277 Im not a fan at all of Turkey because of all the damage I have seen done. However I am a huge fan of Dr Bicer's work in Turkey. She has well over two decades of experience in this game and every year she attends world conferences and often is the key note speaker. She is one surgeon who focuses heavily upon ongoing self education because she loves to challenge herself. If you cannot afford her prices then I strongly advice that you wait and save up. The difference between Dr Bicer and a hair transplant mill down the road is the difference between success and a lifetime of depression. Also I have a scar running across my hairline similar to yours. Mine was from really bad/unethical work many years ago. Is yours from a brow lift or something? Forgive me for asking (as it's hardly noticeable) but having scars that I do I was curious. All the best!