3000 FUE One Month Post-Op

Hello community,

I'm at one month post-op 3000 FUE and have shed the majority of the transplanted hairs. I just had two main questions for all you guys experienced with HTs.

1. Bumpiness: around the temples, the recipient area is rather smooth. But along the hairline where there was maximized density, I'm seeing lots of small bumps (especially under direct light). Is this normal, and will these smooth out with time? I have heard of cobblestoning being an issue, but that is usually only determined when the growth phase begins, correct? Please let me know if I look abnormal or if there's any cause for concern.

2. Redness: How exactly do I go about hiding this procedure at work? I went to a Sephora (make up store) prior to my surgery, and a lady there helped me find a concealer that matched my skin tone. By concealer I don't mean fibers, but rather a makeup skin concealer to hide blemishes. I also purchased tinted mineral sunscreen in the same shade. However, I'm very reluctant to put any sort of cream/makeup/substance on my recipient area. Will those substances have a potential impact on yield or growth? I am gonna be super careful about how I treat my recipient area, but I really would like to hide the pinkness on my head during the 2-3 remaining months before growth starts.

I really appreciate your guys' help and support. Thank you!

one month post-op.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello, just wanted to bump this and see if anyone has an answer to the sunblock question.

Is it safe to put sunblock on the recipient area one month post-op? I really want to hide the red area with tinted sunblock but am super careful about putting anything on it that could affect results.

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

At one month you could always where a cap to protect your scalp from UV rays. Also, yes, sunscreen would be most advisable. At one month you are good to go. All the best!

Thank you brother for your reply.

Yes I'll definitely wear a cap outdoors, but indoors I wanted to wear tinted sunscreen or makeup concealer in order to hide the redness. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any creams or chemicals to watch out for.

• Like 1

@Argentina2Japan

I don’t want to cause any more  concern but is that photo you presented from 1 month postop? To be honest, if that is the case, I would definitely contact your surgeon and let them know that the area is still very red and bumpy. To be honest at first, I thought it was a postop picture until I zoomed in closer.

No, postoperative redness can’t last a little while even up to a couple of months but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that inflamed. There are some medications such as tend skin that might help with that but I would speak to your doctor and it might be something that’s prescribed rather than over-the-counter.  To be honest, I don’t remember. 

As far as the bumps, I’m really not sure if it’s a bad case of folliculitis, cobblestoning or some other kind of reaction your skin had to have surgery or something else.

But in my opinion, I would send this and other photos to your clinic ASAP to see what they say and recommend. Like I said I’m not trying to cause alarm but this does look pretty inflamed and I would hate to see it either get worse or not get better because you’re not treating it properly.

Please talk to your clinic and then come back and let us know what’s going on.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

16 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Argentina2Japan

I don’t want to cause any more  concern but is that photo you presented from 1 month postop? To be honest, if that is the case, I would definitely contact your surgeon and let them know that the area is still very red and bumpy. To be honest at first, I thought it was a postop picture until I zoomed in closer.

No, postoperative redness can’t last a little while even up to a couple of months but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that inflamed. There are some medications such as tend skin that might help with that but I would speak to your doctor and it might be something that’s prescribed rather than over-the-counter.  To be honest, I don’t remember. 

As far as the bumps, I’m really not sure if it’s a bad case of folliculitis, cobblestoning or some other kind of reaction your skin had to have surgery or something else.

But in my opinion, I would send this and other photos to your clinic ASAP to see what they say and recommend. Like I said I’m not trying to cause alarm but this does look pretty inflamed and I would hate to see it either get worse or not get better because you’re not treating it properly.

Please talk to your clinic and then come back and let us know what’s going on.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm one month post-op. I noticed most people don't have bumps at this point, so am worried it might be cobblestoning.

I'll follow your advice and reach back to my clinic. Thanks again.

I'm sure you are fine.  I had redness for quite a while before it faded.  You can check out mine on my website below.  I posted pictures and a narrative every day early on and weekly after that.  Check out my archives and compare yours with mine.  MyFUEhairtransplant.com

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...