Do I need one, you decide...

A bg reason I haven't signed up is because I'm young. I'm almost 25, and have been losing it since 21. I have been on propecia for 3 months. Even if the propecia stops the loss, I am not happy unless I have a good amount of regrowth. Here's a couple of pics, I welcome ALL of you guys to please tell me what you think. I am aware at my young age, I might need another HT down the road. I'd accept that if I could get a restored hairline and thickness. The guy i saw suggested a modest hairline, nothing like I had in my teens. THANKS everybody...do your worst!

CuriousGeorge

DSCF0185.jpg.d03bffb55daddccffc50a261787b0e96.jpg

A bg reason I haven't signed up is because I'm young. I'm almost 25, and have been losing it since 21. I have been on propecia for 3 months. Even if the propecia stops the loss, I am not happy unless I have a good amount of regrowth. Here's a couple of pics, I welcome ALL of you guys to please tell me what you think. I am aware at my young age, I might need another HT down the road. I'd accept that if I could get a restored hairline and thickness. The guy i saw suggested a modest hairline, nothing like I had in my teens. THANKS everybody...do your worst!

CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge,

You should let the meds work for at least a year before making a decision. It wouldn't hurt to have a consultation with a HT doctor now, but most good docs will tell you to let the meds stabilize your hairloss and then determine a course of action that is best for you. If they don't tell you that, I'd run for the door!

Given your degree of hairloss at an early age, I would be concerned that you are going to the high end of the Norwood scale -- a NW 5, 6, or 7. If so, you will be more limited in the results you can achieve. That is not to say you can't be helped, but you will have a greater area to cover with the same amount of donor hair.

One thing working in your favor is having a virgin scalp... i.e., no previous HT work. That is another reason why you want to choose a doctor wisely and make sure you get the best possible treatment the first time, should you pursue a HT.

Best wishes,

Mr. T

Mr. T's web page