Reducing redness after FUE transplant (aftercare spray?)

Does anyone have any experience or opinion about using Base Labs Piercing Aftercare Spray to help reduce redness after an FUE transplant? It's a saline-based spray that also contains aloe vera, rosemary, tea tree oil, allantoin, Vitamin B4, sodium hyaluronate, and benzalkonium chloride.  I used it after a skin laser resurfacing on my face and it seems to have kept the redness down. I'm wondering if it might work for redness after a transplant too?

I'm scheduled to have my 2nd FUE transplant at the end of June.  I had a lot of redness that persisted for about 3 months after my first 3900 FUE transplant 2.5 years ago.  So I'm trying to figure out what I can do to reduce the redness this time...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Administrators

I don’t believe there’s any spray that could reduce redness. Time is the best solution. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, BaldingBogger said:

100% pure Aloe Vera gel.. Absolute miracle stuff for me reducing redness

Thank you.  Melvin's probably right about just being patient, but I'll ask my doctor about the aloe vera too. If he says it's OK, I'll give it a shot. I figure, as long as the doc thinks it's OK, it won't hurt to try...

I would run this by your doctor, but witch hazel has been suggested in threads in the past as a natural way to help reduce redness as well. I can't speak to how effective it is, as I just let mine run its course and time do its thing, but it's something to look into if you feel so inclined. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

As stated previously aloe Vera is a great option that aids in healing and calms down inflammation. It may also help with redness.

with that being said, there are clinics out there that have patients use topical steroids to address post op redness. However, I’d speak to your clinic/doctor before even considering this.

• 2 months later...