For those who have had HTs, did IT change your self confidence, dating life etc?

I hate going bald, and I hate buzzing my head everyday to mask it. I also hate the way it has affected my self confidence.  Looking in the mirror and looking at pictures is painful. I also know it has affected my dating life. I hate when women comment, why do I shave my hair off on dates (like i have a choice)

I wanted to hear from others who have had HT how did the procedure change your life for better.

Looking for stories of inspiration. I am scheduled to have my HT at Eugenix next month.

• Like 2

Yes and no. Confidence has never been something that comes easily to me, and so when my hairline started receding in my mid-late 20s, it became one more thing that I was incredibly self-conscious about. I've been fortunate thus far that my hair loss has stayed confined to the hairline, so one hair transplant has been enough to give me a completely full head of hair. Being able to style my hair without having to strategically place the hairs to disguise hair loss has reduced a significant amount of stress in my daily life, so in that regard, the hair transplant has done wonders for my self-esteem and confidence.

That said, it hasn't been a cure all. Confidence is an inside job as much as it is an external one, and I think we all have to be mindful to view ourselves and our appearances in a healthy way - especially as we all get older and our bodies change. I think getting a hair transplant can be a wonderful way to practically address an aspect of ones appearance that they may not be happy with, and I would recommend anyone consider it if hair loss is a source of distress in their life. Just remember that cultivating healthy self-esteem will likely require some mental/mindset shifts as well. 

Congrats on getting the HT scheduled! That's a big milestone in and of itself. 

• Like 3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I re-inforced my frontal 1/3rd w/Dr. Feller in 2004 at age 38.  I then went on a year-long tear and dated several 19 year olds at the University of Chicago.  Without being able to have that hairstyle (for the time) - never would have had such fun. 

Alas, even w/strong meds for many years I had to have another massive surgery in '16 to fill in all the hair I lost mid-scalp to crown - but the '04 surgery bought me about 7 more years of philandering w/confidence I was not an overtly balding perv.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

dated several 19 year olds at the University of Chicago. 

curious how you were meeting college girls as a 38 yr old?

I'm in my 30s too and would be interested in dating college girls. College just seems like a completely different world than where I am currently.

20 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'm in my 30s too and would be interested in dating college girls. College just seems like a completely different world than where I am currently.

He's probably not taking classes, or if he is its not because that would be the best way to meet them. All you do is upgrade your rotary phone to a smart phone, then start surfing those dating apps, maybe some sugar sites.  Its never been easier for emotionally financially mature middle-aged guys that take decent care of their appearance.

• Like 1

To the OP, yes my transplants have helped maintain my confidence. I got smaller procedures and jumped on the meds early before it became obvious I was losing. Like has been mentioned, its important you do good research and go to a top doctor so you don't make your situation worse. 

On 5/20/2022 at 2:45 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

It was online & then networking and being young at heart.  I tended to choose very intelligent but naive types who came to Chicago for college (grew up in other states).  I've always found extremely intelligent women regardless of age to be more open-minded to anything goes once they've sized you up as equally intelligent & more unique than the 'bro' type.

• Like 1