My strategy after a failed HT (repair & 0mm shave)

16 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

Had my consultation with dr Bisanga and he agrees that there is no other option than to remove the grafts in the hairline.

It would take ~4 operations depending on the process with 8 month intervals

have you had your consult with Dr. Mwamba yet? maybe he will provide better news

20 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

have you had your consult with Dr. Mwamba yet? maybe he will provide better news

Will talk to him in 2 days

Dr Bisanga said that if the skin heals properly the intervals can be shorter so it really depends. 

I literally have triples in the hairline, if they remove those first the waiting time in between will be somewhat bearable

4 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

what did he say?!?!?

Long story short, that the grafts could be extracted with no scarring using stitches and the donor is fixable. Because of the scarring in the donor its uncertain/unlikely that a lot of repigmentation will occur after implanting hairs back in it.

I guess with him the only downside would be his schedule. He travels between Brussels, USA & Congo. So if you need multiple surgeries you'd have to plan everything perfectly

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Damn I was at the clinic yesterday, what time were you there? I'm going back there this morning

18:30 I was there for ~1 hour

Hope everything went well bro. Are you content with the process so far?

17 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

18:30 I was there for ~1 hour

Hope everything went well bro. Are you content with the process so far?

Yeah very happy bro. Although I'm worried I lost grafts from my donor cos I slept on it (had grafts put into my donor). Going to Dr Mwamba now to remove stitches

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Long story short, that the grafts could be extracted with no scarring using stitches and the donor is fixable. Because of the scarring in the donor its uncertain/unlikely that a lot of repigmentation will occur after implanting hairs back in it.

I guess with him the only downside would be his schedule. He travels between Brussels, USA & Congo. So if you need multiple surgeries you'd have to plan everything perfectly

How many surgeries did he recommend?

10 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

How many surgeries did he recommend?

2, maybe 3

11 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Yeah very happy bro. Although I'm worried I lost grafts from my donor cos I slept on it (had grafts put into my donor). Going to Dr Mwamba now to remove stitches

Good to hear you deserve it man. The idea of using stiches in FUE was completely new to me, found out yesterday. It seems to really help with scarring

6 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Damn 2 to 3 - well at least it's doable. Could you outline what he proposed exactly when you got a chance?

Yeah and sleep sucks man - most people don't have an issue due to the fact that they don't require grafts into the donor so it doesn't really matter if they sleep on it

He proposed max 2000 grafts removal in the first session & overharvesting the area around the donor that is overharvested to make it more even.

He also noted that even tho they fcked up my donor and recipient, atleast they didnt cause any coblestoning etc and that the skin is flat

I'm going to look for some special pillows with a gap in it or something like that cuz with 3 surgeries its going to be a problem. Afaik after 4-5 days the grafts are set and they cant fall out anymore. Still it would be very scary to sleep on it man so I'm probably going to extend that time to 3 weeks fck it.

If anyone has creative ideas to sleep without touching the donor and recipient area let me know🤣

44 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

He also noted that even tho they fcked up my donor and recipient, atleast they didnt cause any coblestoning etc and that the skin is flat

This is really important

• Like 1

Btw I totally forgot to say, dr Mwamba said that the 2nd operation can be done ~1 month after the 1st since that is the amount of time it takes for the skin to heal, so no need to wait half a year

I'm currently waiting on a quote from him & his schedule 

• Like 1

Dr Ahmad is a really cool guy. Can definitely recommend him for anyone looking for a HT. Imo a couple of years and we'll we see him at the top

Will get my repair done by either him or Dr Mwamba

Probably the 2nd since he seemed very confident that he could achieve results with no scarring from extractions which is huge.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:11 PM, Z-- said:

@SimpleLife— glad to hear that there are some wonderful options for you! 

Did you end you end up deciding on Mwamba and the 2,000 removal course of action?

He said that he could remove everything with no scarring using stitches so probably yes

Otherwise dr Ahmad offered to remove 20-50 grafts the normal way to see how the scarring will be. But he made it clear that there will always be scarring, even if its not visible. So with a little tan they will show up..

Since my goal is to do SMP, it will look weird. Tanned/brown forehead and a white area above that with shaded black/grey SMP on top of that

I only saw 1 case on this forum from dr Mwamba where he used stitches without the end result, so I'm lowkey waiting for @RTC to see hes healed results.

Even tho the extracted amount was small, hes results would take away some of my stress that comes from all the uncertainty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RTC said:

I can tell you already there's pretty much zero scarring. I can't see anything.

In that case it doesnt make sense to get it done by someone else. Will go with dr Mwamba as well.

Thanks for sharing man

• Like 1

I talked to my general practitioner today and explained her my case. She was nice enough to give me a ''reference'', idk how to translate it, but its just a letter I can show my insurance that my repair transplant is not a cosmetic procedure.

It probably wont lead to anything, but will try to get money from them. Been paying for 6 years and never claimed anything, its about time..

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

He said that he could remove everything with no scarring using stitches so probably yes

Otherwise dr Ahmad offered to remove 20-50 grafts the normal way to see how the scarring will be. But he made it clear that there will always be scarring, even if its not visible. So with a little tan they will show up..

Since my goal is to do SMP, it will look weird. Tanned/brown forehead and a white area above that with shaded black/grey SMP on top of that

I only saw 1 case on this forum from dr Mwamba where he used stitches without the end result, so I'm lowkey waiting for @RTC to see hes healed results.

Even tho the extracted amount was small, hes results would take away some of my stress that comes from all the uncertainty

I really doubt that Mwamba can extract 2k grafts without scaring, I believe what he meant was that the scaring would be minimal and difficult to see with the naked eye, I still think your best option would be to just do SMP though and extract only what is neccesary to fix the donor

Edited by BaldV

Really doubt any insurance plan will cover a hair transplant. 

Comparing Mwamba to Dr. Ahmad seems strange. Mwamba or another elite repair surgeon all the way. 

Think of how much pain and stress your HT has caused you. Elite repair docs may have longer waiting times and be more pricey, but are you willing to gamble on your repair given how much its already taken from you?

• Like 1