My strategy after a failed HT (repair & 0mm shave)

50 minutes ago, mafpe said:

it's.... hard to say, so if we want to think abt it more, there are more points to it.

for example, the grey tint is somewhat caused by the hair, because near the surface, skin is a little see through, that's why it's like there's a very small slight tint near your hair-scalp. and there's the dot of black/grey, that's your hair, because even if you shave to skin, the hair is still there.

and yeah SMP helps because it basically blurs the color by "painting" the skin all greyish/black, although i suppose there's still a slight difference on your scarred and normal scalp, but it shouldn't be noticeable anyway.

3mm hair, will depend on your donor condition, if you're severely overharvested, it will still show. and not to mention since you have a bit of hair even if it's only 3mm, your frontal will still be inconsistent IF you continue to lose hair (baldness continues). i think repair work would be good for you, you're overharvested, it seems be workable with a good repair job? not sure since i'm not an expert and only base things on possible logical train of thought.

like the dude said, hair system is a commitment, unless you only plan to use them on special occasions maybe, but people would notice if you go out often without it.

problem with hair system is sometime, the fear that people will find out it's fake, and or that it would fly away in harsh wind *donald trump lol

i mean, minoxidil takes time and dedication but... i have a feeling that it's less emotionally draining compared to the fear, and the fact you keep seeing your hair system while cleaning it, then looking at it, lamenting your baldness and the fact you have to put fake hair on top and be careful with it constantly.

i don't mean to demean those who use hair system, but looking at this forum with people's experience, and that i think many of us had gone about bouts of depressions perhaps due to our hair loss... i think i have enough of that...
for short term, i can imagine myself using it, but for long term? i think it would damage my mental state

i do hope that you manage to find success in dealing with your HT problem, that's what this forum is here for, help each other with our hair problem.

Appreciate your input man. Will think about it thoroughly and let you guys know what I will do

• Like 1

Just planned a consultation with dr Bisanga ~6 weeks from now and with dr Mwamba its 3 days after that.

Thinking about all of this day in day out is depressing, so I changed the notifications of this post to weekly. Apologies if I reply late to any comment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Just planned a consultation with dr Bisanga ~6 weeks from now and with dr Mwamba its 3 days after that.

Thinking about all of this day in day out is depressing, so I changed the notifications of this post to weekly. Apologies if I reply late to any comment.

You should also talk to Feriduni

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

You have taken positive steps.. be optimistic bro, things can change now

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:21 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

You have taken positive steps.. be optimistic bro, things can change now

Ye trying to stay to positive, but it gets to me every now and then ngl.. 

I'm sure many of you already know how I feel, we all have our problems, so dont want to sound overly dramatic

Gotta say that its one of the most humbling things that can happen to someone. The only positive I can get out of it is that if my situation gets fixed I will probably be the most confident guy on the planet

• Like 2

So after doing some research I think I will

1. Get the hairline removed by FUE/laser/electrolysis. In case of FUE removal, I would like it to be placed back into the donor.

2. Fill in the donor area with chest/beard hair 

3. Get SMP done on the entire scalp

Challenging, but all the other options dont make a lot of sense 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

So after doing some research I think I will

1. Get the hairline removed by FUE/laser/electrolysis. In case of FUE removal, I would like it to be placed back into the donor.

2. Fill in the donor area with chest/beard hair 

3. Get SMP done on the entire scalp

Challenging, but all the other options dont make a lot of sense 

Thanks for the update, let us know what the doctors say in the consultations

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you have reached out to me & I highly appreciate all you man. Even if I sound a bit negative, I never mean it that way. Genuinely hope that everyone with a botched job can fix it and move on with his life

Regarding the removal of grafts, I've seen several cases now where it is possible to extract hairs from the hairline with no scarring. The only question is, will it appear with a tan? Probably yes, but I cant be too picky and have to make sacrifices.

• Like 1

It is really sad to hear what you are going trought but it is always a way trought this. How is ur hair type? 

If it is curly and kinky i would strongly advice you to do more research and look at other options 

Good luck and hold us update :)

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Like 1

I was never really a family person, but this whole situation made me realize that the only person that loves me unconditionally is my mother. I remember as she was being supportive ~6 months ago about this whole situation while I was broken & crying.

It completely changed the way I view relationships with people: Everyone is with you because of what you have to offer & only my mother would be there for me when sh!t go down. 

This is a major lesson I learned & hopefully when this mess is fixed I will give her the life she deserves.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Some of you have reached out to me & I highly appreciate all you man. Even if I sound a bit negative, I never mean it that way. Genuinely hope that everyone with a botched job can fix it and move on with his life

Regarding the removal of grafts, I've seen several cases now where it is possible to extract hairs from the hairline with no scarring. The only question is, will it appear with a tan? Probably yes, but I cant be too picky and have to make sacrifices.

I would still take the risk with a good doctor and just be really diligent about using scar gel after. Other option is to just laser them out, but then you can't re-use the grafts

7 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

It is really sad to hear what you are going trought but it is always a way trought this. How is ur hair type? 

If it is curly and kinky i would strongly advice you to do more research and look at other options 

Good luck and hold us update :)

Appreciate your input man

My hair only gets a little curly when I keep it long. 

Ive thought about it and considered every option, but completely reversing the HT and doing SMP makes the most sense. At least I can laser the smp off when Im 70 and rock a baldhead like my grandpa. 

I still lose a lot of hair on a daily basis so placing hairs on the top doesnt make sense, especially while my donor looks like this..

6 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

I would still take the risk with a good doctor and just be really diligent about using scar gel after. Other option is to just laser them out, but then you can't re-use the grafts

Ive looked into laser, the problem is that I cant place the grafts back into my donor & if fue removal can be done with no visible scarring its a nobrainer

So I will take the risk or better: do a test extraction to see how the scarring will be. 

Just called the clinic of Feriduni and the best they could offer is a consultation in May 2023.

I'm just guessing here, but lets say the operation gets planned 6 months after that and that I need 3 operations with 6 month intervals. Let the scalp heal 1 year and SMP after that. We are looking at a process of 4 years in total.

Its a dilemma, because we want the doctor to be involved as much as possible, but when they do it results in a long ass waiting list

From the repair cases that I've seen he is one the best, but 4 years...

What do my comrades think? Worth it?

20 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

Appreciate your input man

My hair only gets a little curly when I keep it long. 

Ive thought about it and considered every option, but completely reversing the HT and doing SMP makes the most sense. At least I can laser the smp off when Im 70 and rock a baldhead like my grandpa. 

I still lose a lot of hair on a daily basis so placing hairs on the top doesnt make sense, especially while my donor looks like this..

I don't think it is possible to reverse a hair transplant

21 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hello my friend. Can you post some pics (block out your eyes, etc) so we can get a better visual idea on how to help? There are definitely solutions but pics are needed. All the best!

Cheers,

Gats!

PM'ed you

I have mixed feelings about posting them openly, cuz I have seen some youtubers using them without asking for any permission whatsoever

• Thanks 1

After the advice of @JimKan1 I contacted more doctors:

@BHRClinic- Impressive results with repairs & ethical. Consultation planned 27th.

@Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Impressive results with repairs & ethical. Consultation planned 30th

@Eugenix Hair Sciences - Impressive results, got a quote but I havent seen donor farming or plug extraction cases, so I'm waiting for the representative to show me one. Might do a consultation with dr Sethi/Bansal

dr Feriduni - Initially I was sold, but the best they could offer was a consultation in May 2023. He is in the top3 when it comes repairs imo (from what I've seen), but waiting 1 year just to speak to him? Idk..

@DrTBarghouthi - Impressive results & ethical

Hattingen - Youtuber Matt Dominance had some plugs extracted here with no scarring

Maitland Clinic - Saw a youtube comment from a guy that extracted plugs & said he couldnt detect any scarring, even with a microscope

These have a solid trackrecord, but I havent seen cases where they extracted plugs / donor repair

dr Freitas - dr. Arshad - dr Zarev - @Dr. Felipe Pittella - dr Pinto - dr Lorenzo - dr Couto - dr Lupanzula

Didnt research the following doctors, since the USA is out of my comfort zone. But they are respected amongst reputable members here, in case they show the confidence that they could take on my case I might go..

dr Bernstein  - dr Wong - dr Shapiro - dr Konior

dr Cooley - Seems to do excellent work with repair cases, but uses electrolysis which I dont prefer tbh based on my research. I intend to do SMP later on, so I can not afford to leave the skin sensitive for a long time.

As a Turk I have 0 faith when it comes to HTs in Turkey after my bad experience there, but contacted some anyway. Will only consider it once I see solid evidence of succesfull repair cases.

@Dr. Ozlem Bicer Clinic - No response after a couple emails back & forth

dr Sahinoglu - Never heard of him before, but saw a member named @in2deep who had extracted some grafts with no scarring 

dr Keser

My choice will depend on the trackrecord, confidence, timing and budget

• Thanks 1