Help - Currently deciding between Dr. Nader and Dr. De Freitas

Hi Everyone,

I've been scouring posts on this site for a few months now, and finally decided to register an account. A bit of background on my hair loss journey:

I began to thin/recede at a young age, roughly around the age of 20. My hair loss has been mostly in the frontal region, with some slight thinning on the crown in recent years. In early 2020, my hairline was bothering me so much that I decided to get on Finasteride in an attempt to prevent any further hair loss. So far, I've been able to tolerate Finasteride well, and plan on continuing use of it for the foreseeable future. Additionally, I began using Minoxidil sometime in late 2020. I don't know if it was the Finasteride or the Minoxidil, but I began to see some of the miniaturized hairs in the temporal points sprout a bit. They are still very thin compared to the rest of my hair, but nonetheless it is a small victory. Additionally, I think I have retrograde alopecia as the sides above my ear are thinner than the rest of my hair.

That brings me to today. I have consulted with Dr. Nader, Dr. De Freitas, and Dr. Cuoto. I was told that Dr. Cuoto was not taking any new patients due to their existing high volume, so that leaves me with Dr. Nader and Dr. De Freitas.

Dr. Nader quoted me between 1,500 - 2,500 grafts. I know that Dr. Nader is not as recognized as Dr. De Freitas, but his patient results that i've seen on this forum look incredible. Given that I am located in the U.S., quite close to Nader's office I might add, is quite an advantage for me. Additionally, procedure with Nader includes hotel stay which is a nice addition.

Dr. De Freitas quoted me 2,400 grafts. I've seen lots of his videos on YouTube and have been extremely impressed with his results. I don't think the quote from Freitas includes hotel stay. It does, however, include mesotherapy at month 3, but I don't think I would be able to return for this given that I am in the U.S.

Below are some pictures. Ideally, I just want the hairline filled in and some grafts in the temporal points as these have diminished quite noticeably. I don't care much about filling in the crown at this point.

Cost isn't a huge factor for me as both are within budget. Additionally, if there are any other Dr's that I should consider based on my pattern of hair loss, please feel free to recommend. Thanks you everyone in advance, I look forward to your comments.

20211222_110051.jpg

20211222_111457.jpg

20211222_111521.jpg

20211222_111549.jpg

20211222_111604.jpg

20211222_111718.jpg

20211222_110124.jpg

20211222_110132.jpg

Edited by htc
  • Like 1

Hi well I think the Belgium trio (Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba) is always worth considering. I haven't seen too may patient reports from the Drs you refer to. What is current age now?

Edited by Mike10

• htc changed the title to Help - Currently deciding between Dr. Nader and Dr. De Freitas

Hi, I am trying to get moving with Dr Freitas also. How did you get in contact? the WhatsApp and Email I used I am getting generic automated responses. Would love my hairline/temple work with Freitas! He’s a magician lol 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, htc said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been scouring posts on this site for a few months now, and finally decided to register an account. A bit of background on my hair loss journey:

I began to thin/recede at a young age, roughly around the age of 20. My hair loss has been mostly in the frontal region, with some slight thinning on the crown in recent years. In early 2020, my hairline was bothering me so much that I decided to get on Finasteride in an attempt to prevent any further hair loss. So far, I've been able to tolerate Finasteride well, and plan on continuing use of it for the foreseeable future. Additionally, I began using Minoxidil sometime in late 2020. I don't know if it was the Finasteride or the Minoxidil, but I began to see some of the miniaturized hairs in the temporal points sprout a bit. They are still very thin compared to the rest of my hair, but nonetheless it is a small victory. Additionally, I think I have retrograde alopecia as the sides above my ear are thinner than the rest of my hair.

That brings me to today. I have consulted with Dr. Nader, Dr. De Freitas, and Dr. Cuoto. I was told that Dr. Cuoto was not taking any new patients due to their existing high volume, so that leaves me with Dr. Nader and Dr. De Freitas.

Dr. Nader quoted me between 1,500 - 2,500 grafts. I know that Dr. Nader is not as recognized as Dr. De Freitas, but his patient results that i've seen on this forum look incredible. Given that I am located in the U.S., quite close to Nader's office I might add, is quite an advantage for me. Additionally, procedure with Nader includes hotel stay which is a nice addition.

Dr. De Freitas quoted me 2,400 grafts. I've seen lots of his videos on YouTube and have been extremely impressed with his results. I don't think the quote from Freitas includes hotel stay. It does, however, include mesotherapy at month 3, but I don't think I would be able to return for this given that I am in the U.S.

Below are some pictures. Ideally, I just want the hairline filled in and some grafts in the temporal points as these have diminished quite noticeably. I don't care much about filling in the crown at this point.

Cost isn't a huge factor for me as both are within budget. Additionally, if there are any other Dr's that I should consider based on my pattern of hair loss, please feel free to recommend. Thanks you everyone in advance, I look forward to your comments.

20211222_110051.jpg

20211222_111457.jpg

20211222_111521.jpg

20211222_111549.jpg

20211222_111604.jpg

20211222_111718.jpg

20211222_110124.jpg

20211222_110132.jpg

Good afternoon, HTC. Nice to read your post and we appreciate your interest and confidence in our Clinic.

I would like to add that for patients traveling from abroad, the Dr. has the courtesy to cover hotel expenses. Also, it is not mandatory for you to come in at 3 months to review and receive your PRP treatment. You can attend your treatment when you come for the 12 months review.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards!

• Thanks 2

▪️Ignacio Torres Blanchard - Representative of De Freitas Clinic
▪️https://www.injertocapilar-alopecia.es/en - https://www.clinicadefreitas.com
▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 4:49 PM, De Freitas Clinic said:

Good afternoon, HTC. Nice to read your post and we appreciate your interest and confidence in our Clinic.

I would like to add that for patients traveling from abroad, the Dr. has the courtesy to cover hotel expenses. Also, it is not mandatory for you to come in at 3 months to review and receive your PRP treatment. You can attend your treatment when you come for the 12 months review.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards!

How many days of hotel expenses are covered by the Dr?

It 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:28 AM, Min12 said:

How many days of hotel expenses are covered by the Dr?

Good morning. It depends on the case and its needs.

When the patient is making the reservation with the preoperative department, he/she will be informed about everything related to accommodation.

▪️Ignacio Torres Blanchard - Representative of De Freitas Clinic
▪️https://www.injertocapilar-alopecia.es/en - https://www.clinicadefreitas.com
▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png

• 3 months later...