Bleeding when microneedling

RTC

Hi everyone,

Ive been microneedling with a standard dermaroller for a couple of months now, 1.5mm x once a week.

Today I pressed down a little more aggressively and got some bleeding behind my frontal hairline, a couple of larger spots.

Has anyone else bled when dermarolling and seen results.. I'm worried I've caused scarring that may affect my future HT result

Edited by Aslitarcan sucks

I can tell you now that it is counterproductive to press down hard when dermarolling. All you are doing is causing inflammation and if you keep doing it the inflammation will trigger hair loss. You will get much better results lightly gliding the roller across the scalp and attacking the thinning areas in multiple directions.

• Like 1

Yes, you shouldn't be bleeding when dermarolling. Just take a break so you don't worsen it. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Personally i notice some bleeding spots when i started Microneedling with a derma pen in some spots at that size but i wouldn't worry about it unless you are actively trying to push too hard. You do need to apply some force to make sure it penetrates into the upper skin layer but not so much it causes you harm and way too much bleeding. 

Firm but fair? I don't know, sounds like you best know your own scalp on trying Microneedling and how you respond. I personally think mine held up well to the point i actually thought i might not be applying enough pressure but i definitely was. 

Softer skinned people can sometimes barely need to apply pressure though.