Repair Case - 2400 FUE Grafts - WIP (Dr. Christian Bisanga)

Hello all,

I am happy to share my repair case with you.

Last year, Oct 2021 - I went to visit Dr. Bisanga for a consultation. My case was quite tricky since I did a previous hair transplant at a well-known global Hair Restoration Clinic in 2018. However, the surgeons who did my case totally destroyed my donor zone in the back. They took 1500 grafts, placed it in the crown and left lots of scars.

Dr. Bisanga recommended to split my intervention into two sessions of surgery to be more optimal to repair the damages which was done. On this first surgery he took 2400 grafts (2000 from the sides & 400 from beard). 

Front.thumb.jpg.19eeb378f20fbf7d0ccd2a685c066493.jpg

top.thumb.jpg.52eece9f8c6db9653496898dd67abb6a.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.a047b64aa77cec75fcee504b4919dff0.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.8de0b200a6823bc5305060c9ed7c8523.jpg

6 months later, you can see the results :) The hairline is very well made and my donor zone is doing amazingly well.

Also it was a superb follow-up experience with Stephen who's always here to give all tips!! Such a great team ! 

I have my next intervention in two weeks to fill in the mid-scalp.

I will share my progress in a few months :)

Edited by Christopher
  • Like 5

• Christopher changed the title to Repair Case - 2400 FUE Grafts - WIP (Dr. Christian Bisanga)
  • Administrators

Wow impressive repair, only 6 months, please share your updates with us. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Many thanks for your post Christopher and congratulations. At only 6 months you are showing great improvement and an already impressive transformation.

You clearly had a challenging starting point pre surgery but considering only 2400 grafts were used, this would appear to have achieved a very nice coverage and appropriate density throughout your frontal area.

I wish you the best in your upcoming subsequent surgery with Dr. Bisanga and I look forward to following your updates.

You look great.

• Like 3

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

Christopher

Thank you for your permission to share the following video showing your case review. The additional surgery room footage that can be seen at the end of the review really helps to understand the challenges and intricacies of your surgery.

Great to see you on the right track and looking so well.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 3:10 PM, Raphael84 said:

Christopher

Thank you for your permission to share the following video showing your case review. The additional surgery room footage that can be seen at the end of the review really helps to understand the challenges and intricacies of your surgery.

Great to see you on the right track and looking so well.

This is a really interesting repair case thanks for sharing the video guys. What I find really amazing is the improvement in the donor area especially at the back. Was this literally as a result of oral Minoxidil and topical Finasteride?  It’s almost like a load of grafts have been placed back into that area. It would be interesting to see what the improvement would be with only one or the other (oral minoxidil or topical finasteride).  I’d like to know your thoughts on that? Overall the patient has a far more natural appearance already and no doubt he’ll be almost there after the recent re-visit to BHR.  Great job so far 👏

• Like 3

• Administrators

I can't wait for your 12 mont update, this is one of the best repairs i've seen.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

I have asked the patient to update and he will..he is also very happy with the transformation that is life changing for him and has inspired him to hit the gym also to get buff how he used to be! This often happens and he will update for sure asap. 

• Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

On 5/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, Danny1671 said:

This is a really interesting repair case thanks for sharing the video guys. What I find really amazing is the improvement in the donor area especially at the back. Was this literally as a result of oral Minoxidil and topical Finasteride?  It’s almost like a load of grafts have been placed back into that area. It would be interesting to see what the improvement would be with only one or the other (oral minoxidil or topical finasteride).  I’d like to know your thoughts on that? Overall the patient has a far more natural appearance already and no doubt he’ll be almost there after the recent re-visit to BHR.  Great job so far 👏

Thanks for your input and positive vibes! 🙏🏼

I am indeed taking daily oral minoxidil and applying topical finasteride. But since my haircut is long, I will shift to oral finasteride* soon. In the above photos - it was 4 months of use, I was quite amazed that it worked so fast.

It has definitely a much more natural appearance with the grafts placed by Dr. Bisanga, compared to the work of the previous clinic - it's two different categories... 

Edited by Christopher

22 hours ago, Christopher said:

Sure, I have attached photos before the surgery & on the first shampoo day at their office...

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-19 at 4.35.06 PM.jpeg

Jeeesus mate I'm so sorry for what these butchers did to you.. Turkey is such a corrupt place, I would advise people to avoid at all costs, even the legitimate clinics because at the end of the day no one can be held accountable there..

On 8/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, botchedguy95 said:

Jeeesus mate I'm so sorry for what these butchers did to you.. Turkey is such a corrupt place, I would advise people to avoid at all costs, even the legitimate clinics because at the end of the day no one can be held accountable there..

I saw a few horrors from Turkey, but here it's not in Turkey.

The master surgeon came directly from the headquarters of DHI Global to perform the surgery in my country (Mauritius).

A conversation with the Facebook Page.

In the end, they gave me a quote to do SMP at their clinic to hide the scars they left with the intervention... 😅

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 08.29.13.png

• 1 month later...