Dr Bisanga - I’ve finally done it !

Whipaway

Well after many years of lurking on this forum and always being tempted to get a procedure today I finally crossed the line .
I had already had consultations in England but following my London consultation with Dr Bisanga my mind was made up that I had comfirmed in my mind that he was the Dr I wanted to go with.
A huge thanks to Ian for sorting things out for me and always happy to assist with any questions.
It’s been a long 2 days with the travelling yesterday and the surgery today starting at 7.30am through to 6pm.
I won’t bore everyone with the ins and outs of the procedure but I will say the Dr Bisanga and the team were a class act. I must know follow patient  procedure in the hope I get one of the many Bisanga results I crave for .
Age 44
Taking oral minoxidil 
3001 grafts 
1s - 475
2s - 1,278
3s - 699
4s - 548.

04EC154E-C022-4E3E-AEB6-26EC1637C7B4.jpeg

1F04F107-E50D-43B9-B757-51BD790BF7A1.jpeg

16EFF526-6369-4C96-AC76-98D22DECFDEF.jpeg

8B94A535-B5EF-403D-81C6-F9622B326D49.jpeg

D528B523-4380-4C64-BCF2-EC87142BF711.png

• Like 5

• Administrators

This has the makings of a home run, thanks for sharing I’ll be following closely. The salt and pepper is gonna come in handy. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Mike10 said:

Good luck you picked a good doc. But be careful with the oral minox because of the potential sides.

Thanks Mike 10.

I have been taking Oral minoxidil for a few months. I went to be checked over by my doctor before starting. I have had no sides from it and I  have also returned to see my Doctor for a check over with no issues. 

Edited by Whipaway
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This has the makings of a home run, thanks for sharing I’ll be following closely. The salt and pepper is gonna come in handy. 

Thanks Mevin

Not sure what the salt & pepper comment means 😭?

• Like 1

@Whipaway

Congratulations on completing your surgery. I am honestly thrilled for you.

The work looks great and to be honest, looking at the depth of recession and placement, you styled and hid loss very well. Very shortly that will be a thing of the past.

As said, I am very pleased for you and throughout our correspondence it is clear that you are a very genuine guy and really performed your diligence which the importance of cant be emphasised enough.

Hairline design looks on point and very appropriate and no doubt these 3000 grafts will create really quite an impressive transformation in 12 months time.

I will share clinic photos with you shortly and I for one am very much looking forward to following your progress and taking this journey with you.

Rest up and let healing take place. As you know patience is key over these next months, and at the back end of summer you will be well on your way.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The hair type is the best for hair transplant in my opinion. I know everyone says curly is better for coverage, but with the right amount of density, correct angles implanted and coverage of grafts you are definitely setting yourself for a wonderful result.  The coarse hair and color mix is also a great benefit. 

We all wish you happy growth sir! 

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 2

Thanks Ryan. I really appreciate your comment .

if I get a Bisanga result like some of the patients on this forum then I will be extremely happy.

it took me a good few years to actually brave it but know I have I’m very relieved and once things settle down I shall just believe in the process and not become obsessed.

thanks again 

5 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@Whipaway

Congratulations on completing your surgery. I am honestly thrilled for you.

The work looks great and to be honest, looking at the depth of recession and placement, you styled and hid loss very well. Very shortly that will be a thing of the past.

As said, I am very pleased for you and throughout our correspondence it is clear that you are a very genuine guy and really performed your diligence which the importance of cant be emphasised enough.

Hairline design looks on point and very appropriate and no doubt these 3000 grafts will create really quite an impressive transformation in 12 months time.

I will share clinic photos with you shortly and I for one am very much looking forward to following your progress and taking this journey with you.

Rest up and let healing take place. As you know patience is key over these next months, and at the back end of summer you will be well on your way.

Thanks Raphael 84.

I really appreciate all your help and I’m so pleased you think it looks good 👍

Back home from my trip.
Plenty of swelling across the forehead and black eyes to go with it.
Ice looks to be doing its job and fetching it down.
Here are the pics of my donor - surgery was Thursday. 
3001 grafts .
A55BA672-8CE5-41C0-BD08-1A6AF0A339E1.thumb.jpeg.82c5f1ca7cf601e0a88fdd6c94dd6272.jpeg9912F029-09C7-4FDC-A6E5-527E604484BA.thumb.jpeg.4b360664974b1297368cf459cc0b141a.jpeg

• Like 1

Congratulations on finally taking the plunge! As you said the key is to follow the post op instructions perfectly, make sure you're getting some rest and relaxation time to recover from all the stress & then try to put it out your mind until you start to see the results. Then it's time to just enjoy as each week goes by :) - all the best with it!

On 4/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, Whipaway said:

Thanks Raphael 84.

I really appreciate all your help and I’m so pleased you think it looks good

It has been an absolute pleasure. I remember how I felt pre and post surgery and there are so many emotions.

After the initial 10 days when the most intense healing has occurred and post operative scabbing has been removed, you will slowly return back to your pre op status albeit with some additional redness. 
Then as you have said, not becoming obsessed and just carrying on as normal is the best way just to let time take its course and allow the process below the scalp take action as we await newly placed follicles to transition into their anagen stage and we start to see progress.

You obviously also have great support from the community.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:49 AM, New_Barnet_Please said:

Congratulations on finally taking the plunge! As you said the key is to follow the post op instructions perfectly, make sure you're getting some rest and relaxation time to recover from all the stress & then try to put it out your mind until you start to see the results. Then it's time to just enjoy as each week goes by :) - all the best with it!

Thanks buddy & thanks for your help prior to my procedure.

• Like 2

12 Day update.

I have stuck to the post op after care of applying the shampoos and creams.

It was a nice feeling to wash off the scabs.

Pics of both transplanted area and donor - side pic of donor area not the best due to me having lots of grey hair in this area. 

2C55C84C-BF7D-41B3-A71D-A8FF895B7323.jpeg

3203E53B-9DED-45CA-9E93-B652378E4EE6.jpeg

FC3B4F3F-13F9-4E10-ADFC-41EB49A06E7C.jpeg

4210A9C1-D4EA-4E8D-A7CD-B18E3DAC80CA.jpeg

C6B8460F-4B8D-4341-B432-9B21D1D1797F.jpeg

Edited by Whipaway
  • Like 4

On 5/3/2022 at 4:54 AM, Whipaway said:

12 Day update.

I have stuck to the post op after care of applying the shampoos and creams.

It was a nice feeling to wash off the scabs.

Pics of both transplanted area and donor - side pic of donor area not the best due to me having lots of grey hair in this area. 

2C55C84C-BF7D-41B3-A71D-A8FF895B7323.jpeg

3203E53B-9DED-45CA-9E93-B652378E4EE6.jpeg

FC3B4F3F-13F9-4E10-ADFC-41EB49A06E7C.jpeg

4210A9C1-D4EA-4E8D-A7CD-B18E3DAC80CA.jpeg

C6B8460F-4B8D-4341-B432-9B21D1D1797F.jpeg

Wow I’m always impressed by bisangas donor management. Definitely one of the best

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 month update. 
2 days short of 1 month since my procedure. The first month has flown by and all my concerns of worrying about what folk will think & how will I hide it completely went out of the window ! I’ve really not been bothered and likewise nobody else has been bothered to look or ask. It was certainly better looking before the shedding started and at the moment it looks worse than ever but still not bothering me and I go about my business everyday without wearing a hat (unless it’s sunny).
I do think that due to my native hair growing it makes it stand out more so I’m thinking of buzzing the top, back & sides down a little ? ? ? Thoughts please ? 
As expected the shedding started around 2 weeks and continued to do so. 
Not all the grafts have shed and although sparse they have slightly grown. 
The one thing that both myself and my wife have noticed is that upon close inspection and if you zoom in on the images you can see small stubbly hairs just popping through the skin - these are where I was completely bald so I can only presume that they are very small transplanted hairs that have not shed although they do seem smaller than the transplanted hairs that did shed, maybe I just didn’t notice them.
The donor area looks no different than it did prior to my procedure. If anything it’s become itchy but nothing that bothers me. 
The biggest pain is the redness, I continue to apply Aloe Vera and I’m sure given time it will settle down. 
On we go … I won’t be obsessing and looking in the mirror to often , I will carry on with my day to day activities and let time pass.

F007335B-DD76-44F2-99FD-0B523010D96C.jpeg

8C509EAD-2881-4537-8AE1-CF051BD021E9.jpeg

D5EA2317-EE82-4DA1-9624-A5E13336B1E3.jpeg

7B99C488-64D0-49D0-AF75-0F071D6AA36C.jpeg

• Like 1

@Whipaway

Thanks for the update.
Great to hear that you have not been as concerned as "hiding" your head as you felt you would be pre surgery. This is often the case. Many of the anxieties pre op never come to fruition and we worry about many non issues, but such is part of the process.

Redness will fade as you know, so persevere with aloe vera and allow time to run its course.

Great that the first month has felt like it has flown by. Always helps just to relax and not be too obsessive and before your know it, initial signs of growth are present and exciting times ahead.

I look forward to your next months.

just came across this thread and... wow

i know 3000 grafts is not "a lot" compared to other people here, but the spacing on the donor and such small mark left, i don't think anyone would notice that your donor has been harvested at all!

this got me thinking of going to dr bisanga in the future once i need a top up, and when i have enough to afford his service.

7 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@Whipaway

Thanks for the update.
Great to hear that you have not been as concerned as "hiding" your head as you felt you would be pre surgery. This is often the case. Many of the anxieties pre op never come to fruition and we worry about many non issues, but such is part of the process.

Redness will fade as you know, so persevere with aloe vera and allow time to run its course.

Great that the first month has felt like it has flown by. Always helps just to relax and not be too obsessive and before your know it, initial signs of growth are present and exciting times ahead.

I look forward to your next months.

Thanks Ian…

You have been of great support and it really is appreciated.

The months will fly along and exciting times will come 

6 hours ago, mafpe said:

just came across this thread and... wow

i know 3000 grafts is not "a lot" compared to other people here, but the spacing on the donor and such small mark left, i don't think anyone would notice that your donor has been harvested at all!

this got me thinking of going to dr bisanga in the future once i need a top up, and when i have enough to afford his service.

Yet to get my result but the whole Bisanga team were great with me.