With a budget of 10k euro, should I go with HLC or is there a better clinic?

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

You can try instagram perhaps it is more likely there.

Keep in mind though he gets hundreds of e-mails and messages a day, in addition to long surgery days 12+ hours, and the guy has a family and kids...it's just not possible for him to respond to everyone.

Thank you!

Alright, that is understandable but not a problem because I'm very patient. I'll contact them both and hope for the best.

I would like some help/advice.

I've narrowed my choices down between Dr Bisanga and Dr Freitas. I also considered Dr Zarev and Dr Couto, but they both seem unavailable due to high traffic of patients. (Dr Couto straight up said he's not accepting any new patients even for consultations). I just want to get this done, and not wait any longer for an unknown period of time, so I decided to not go for Zarev/Couto.

Dr Freitas gave me the following quote: "Dr. De Freitas has personally assessed your photos and determined that in your case the surgical strategy will consist of repopulating the frontal area, the mis scalp and the receding hairline, with an extraction of 3.000 follicles (6.000 hairs approx.)"

They will use the FUE method, it will take 2 days and the cost is 8500 euro, which is within my budget. The only thing I was surprised by was they said that I need to follow a treatment before the operation which consists of taking "vitamins or baldness stabilizing medications". I understand I need to take medication after the procedure, but before? Isn't it enough that I'm on Finasteride?

Dr Bisanga said he needs to see me personally, and the consultation costs 100€. Including the cost of the flight as well as the trip from and to the airport, that would be around 200€ just for a consultation. That seems expensive when I don't even know what the cost of the actual surgery is going to be, if I don't end up going with Bisanga then that's alot of money down the drain.

I don't understand why Bisanga wants to examine me personally when literally all other doctors I've contacted have given me an online consultation? I get that it's more accurate in person, but isn't the point of an online consultation to be an estimate? I wish he would just give me an estimate and I'd honestly go for it, even if when I'm there he says I need alot more grafts than he had thought, you know?

So anyway, I would love some advice here.. To my understanding Dr Freitas is a very good doctor but when comparing him to Dr Bisanga, does he still hold up? Right now, Freitas seems like the easy choice. I just have to accept, get a date, and eventually go for it. Whereas Bisanga is the hard choice, because I have to plan a trip for a consultation, and then see if he's reasonably priced to even make a decision. Should I go for Dr Freitas or Dr Bisanga?

I'm very overwhelmed after doing so much research for weeks on so many different doctors that you guys have mentioned, as well as the ones recommended by this site. Anything you can do to help me make a decision would be very much appreciated! I don't want to end up regretting my choice..

PS. According to this, techs do the implanting at Bisanga and extracting at Freitas. Is that something to worry about? I thought these were doctor-only clinics so that has me a bit worried. Is there a risk of mistakes/scars?

Edited by HashMan

31 minutes ago, HashMan said:

I've narrowed my choices down between Dr Bisanga and Dr Freitas. I also considered Dr Zarev and Dr Couto, but they both seem unavailable due to high traffic of patients. (Dr Couto straight up said he's not accepting any new patients even for consultations). I just want to get this done, and not wait any longer for an unknown period of time, so I decided to not go for Zarev/Couto.

Dr Freitas gave me the following quote: "Dr. De Freitas has personally assessed your photos and determined that in your case the surgical strategy will consist of repopulating the frontal area, the mis scalp and the receding hairline, with an extraction of 3.000 follicles (6.000 hairs approx.)"

They will use the FUE method and it will cost 8500 euro, which is within my budget. The only thing I was surprised by was they said that I need to follow a treatment before the operation which consists of taking "vitamins or baldness stabilizing medications". I understand I need to take medication after the procedure, but before? Isn't it enough that I'm on Finasteride?

Dr Bisanga said he needs to see me personally, and the consultation costs 100€. Including the cost of the flight as well as the trip from and to the airport, that would be around 200€ just for a consultation. That seems expensive when I don't even know what the cost of the actual surgery is going to be, if I don't end up going with Bisanga then that's alot of money down the drain.

I don't understand why Bisanga wants to examine me personally when literally all other doctors I've contacted have given me an online consultation? I get that it's more accurate in person, but isn't the point of an online consultation to be an estimate? I wish he would just give me an estimate and I'd honestly go for it, even if when I'm there he says I need alot more grafts than he had thought, you know?

So anyway, I would love some advice here.. To my understanding Dr Freitas is a very good doctor but when comparing him to Dr Bisanga, does he still hold up? Right now, Freitas seems like the easy choice. I just have to accept, get a date, and eventually go for it. Whereas Bisanga is the hard choice, because I have to plan a trip for a consultation, and then see if he's reasonably priced to even make a decision. Should I go for Dr Freitas or Dr Bisanga?

I'm very overwhelmed after doing so much research for weeks on so many different doctors that you guys have mentioned, as well as the ones recommended by this site. Anything you can do to help me make a decision would be very much appreciated! I don't want to end up regretting my choice..

PS. According to this, techs do the implanting at Bisanga and extracting at Freitas. Is that something to worry about? I thought these were doctor-only clinics so that has me a bit worried. Is there a risk of mistakes/scars?

There are hair supplements that will help your hair grow faster and stronger, I think that is what De Freitas is referring to. I have taken some and they have helped my donor recover faster I think, they are pretty benign.

In this situation I would go with Dr Freitas. He is within your budget, and you can be rest assured you will get a great hairline from him. 

56 minutes ago, HashMan said:

They will use the FUE method and it will cost 8500 euro, which is within my budget. The only thing I was surprised by was they said that I need to follow a treatment before the operation which consists of taking "vitamins or baldness stabilizing medications". I understand I need to take medication after the procedure, but before? Isn't it enough that I'm on Finasteride?

Hey I am also currently in talks with Dr De Freitas! He quoted me 2800 grafts. I believe Dr De Freitas will be supervising the extraction process and he has one team he works with. I haven't seen any over harvested donors from him which is good. I had the same dilemma with Bisanga but currently leaning towards Freitas. What date did they give you for the transplant?

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

3 hours ago, asterix0 said:

There are hair supplements that will help your hair grow faster and stronger, I think that is what De Freitas is referring to. I have taken some and they have helped my donor recover faster I think, they are pretty benign.

That's good to know, any idea how long you would need to be on them before you can do the procedure? (I guess I could ask them in the email)

2 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

Hey I am also currently in talks with Dr De Freitas! He quoted me 2800 grafts. I believe Dr De Freitas will be supervising the extraction process and he has one team he works with. I haven't seen any over harvested donors from him which is good. I had the same dilemma with Bisanga but currently leaning towards Freitas. What date did they give you for the transplant?

They haven't given me a date since I haven't accepted yet. The mail had this in it though: "This budget will be valid for 3 months from the moment you receive it." So I think that means I have 3 months to decide. I figured I'll make a decision between Freitas and Bisanga before actually giving them an answer and that's what I'm stuck on.

I've also not found any overharvested donor areas from Freitas, that is really good yeah! I just really assumed the doctor would do the entire procedure so reading about techs had me worried.

7 hours ago, HashMan said:

That's good to know, any idea how long you would need to be on them before you can do the procedure? (I guess I could ask them in the email)

They haven't given me a date since I haven't accepted yet. The mail had this in it though: "This budget will be valid for 3 months from the moment you receive it." So I think that means I have 3 months to decide. I figured I'll make a decision between Freitas and Bisanga before actually giving them an answer and that's what I'm stuck on.

I've also not found any overharvested donor areas from Freitas, that is really good yeah! I just really assumed the doctor would do the entire procedure so reading about techs had me worried.

I didn't take them before, just after to help with donor/recipient recovery.

14 hours ago, HashMan said:

They will use the FUE method, it will take 2 days and the cost is 8500 euro, which is within my budget. The only thing I was surprised by was they said that I need to follow a treatment before the operation which consists of taking "vitamins or baldness stabilizing medications". I understand I need to take medication after the procedure, but before? Isn't it enough that I'm on Finasteride?

Bisanga is not in the same league as Freitas. Not even close.

5 hours ago, mustang said:

Bisanga is not in the same league as Freitas. Not even close.

Freitas is a better choice than Bisanga? Really? I was under the impression that Bisanga was the best in Europe. There's more results from him here and he seems to be alot more talked about than Freitas (using the search function here), and I see more people recommending Bisanga. What do you base this on? If you're right then that would make things so much easier for me!

(I'm still worried about the fact that techs do the extraction at Freitas. A botched head can be fixed, but a botched donor area is permanent, no?)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 12:25 AM, HashMan said:

Freitas is a better choice than Bisanga? Really? I was under the impression that Bisanga was the best in Europe. There's more results from him here and he seems to be alot more talked about than Freitas (using the search function here), and I see more people recommending Bisanga. What do you base this on? If you're right then that would make things so much easier for me!

(I'm still worried about the fact that techs do the extraction at Freitas. A botched head can be fixed, but a botched donor area is permanent, no?)

That response didn't make sense to me either.  From what I have read Bisanga and Freitas are very similar in results and talent.  Maybe Bisanga slight better, so, saying he's not in his league is very surprising to hear.

Bisanga and Freitas are both amongst the very best FUE surgeons in Europe. They are worldclass too. 

Bisanga is very experienced. His work is extremely solid. Hits homeruns all the time. 

You can't go wrong with them. 

But like I said every doctor have some slighltly subpar result. Here is one from Freitas. 

FREITAS 14/09/2020 2611 GREFFONS Fororecuperatupelo 

And there were couples ones from Bisanga back in the day on Belicapelli and the International Hairloss Forum. 

Hair transplant is never guaranteed 100%...but top docs offer free touch-ups so that's an easy fix. 

But I challenge anyone to find better quality and consistency than guys like Bisanga, Freitas, Pinto etc...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Your shill from the mill said:

Bisanga and Freitas are both amongst the very best FUE surgeons in Europe. They are worldclass too. 

Bisanga is very experienced. His work is extremely solid. Hits homeruns all the time. 

But like I said every doctor have some slighltly subpar result. Here is one from Freitas. 

And there were couples ones from Bisanga back in the day on Belicapelli and the International Hairloss Forum. 

Hair transplant is never guaranteed 100%...but top docs offer free touch-ups so that's an easy fix. 

But I challenge anyone to find better quality and consistency than guys like Bisanga, Freitas, Pinto etc...

Not commenting on his surgical skills but is not Freitas the Dr who insists on every patient taking Propecia? I would not agree with that all

5 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

Not commenting on his surgical skills but is not Freitas the Dr who insists on every patient taking Propecia? I would not agree with that all

Every ethical doctor has to talk warn the patients about both

the risks of using medication

and the risks of not using medication. 

I can totally understand people who refuse finasteride. Fair enough. But they have to accept that their hairloss will inevitably porgress and at some point they will not have enough donor supply to cover all the balding area with sufficient density... 

As far as I know, spanish and portuguese doctors generally prefer oral Dutasteride + oral minoxidil since it's better than the classic Fina + topical minox combo. 

I believe this is what Pinto and Freitas usually prescribe. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Your shill from the mill said:

Can’t seem to find that Freitas case on this site or on Google?

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, THE TRUTH said:

Honestly I wouldn't go with HLC unless your budget is absolutely and strictly limited to  10 000$...

I'd try to save a bit more and go with Freitas/Pinto/Fereira/Ximena Vila. 

Couto, Lorenzo, Zarev and Bisanga are the very best in Europe for FUE but  they are a lot more expensive. The other ones I mentionned from Spain/Portugal are almost up there. 

If Zarev/Couto/Lorenzo are 5/5 then Ximena, Freitas, Pinto, Fereira are 4.5/5.  

Hlc would be like 4/5 at best. 

Some of them are approximatively 10% more expensive than hlc but 30% better in terms of quality. 

HLC does have a few amazing results on their youtube channel for sure and I was really considering them at some point. 

BUT then I found many bad results after doing extensive research. 

Check out in this forum the following threads: Bloodhound, EvansLawrence, Andrei HLC,  Namsak died on the battlefield.....

All highly questionable results...

Maybe you've already seen them. 

Also check out the many results from hlc on the german hairloss forum alopeziede Just translate the page into your language to read the reviews. There are many subpar results from hlc... 50% are good (not great) while the other 50% are just like lowcost hairmills...

And also go to google and check out the following thread "Yalatif Dr. Ozgur 2012 Hairloss international forum." This is an old one on the french hairloss forum. 

Basically there is evidence  of 3 totally failed transplants as well as 1 failed repair on 3 different  guys in a few weeks interval... 

Also Check out Sandrom and LemonC on Belicapelli too. Very questionable results too....Almost zero growth. 

Again, you may get a good result with HLC but you may also get a really average one and then you will regret spending 10k on something that looks like the average result you could have gotten in a  lowcost hairmill by spending only 3000$....

You know what I mean ?...

If you do decide to go then Dr. Umut is probably the least skilled surgeon out of all hlc surgeons. Dr. Elif and Dr. Cengiz seem to have better and more consistent results. Dr. Bekir is the youngest doc and replaced Dr. Akin. Never seen any result from him.  Unfortunately you cannot choose your doctor so it's all lottery ! 

The main doc Ozgur Oztan does not operate anymore. 

To be fair, I think they are a decent/good clinic overall. But just not comparable with Spain/Portugal. And from what I have seen not really worth the money according to the reviews on this forum ! 

Don't me wrong, they are by no means a terrible clinic but just not worth the money...You know what I'm sayin...

Like I said, if your budget is 10k then really try to save 12k-13k and go for a real elite FUE clinic which have a history of much more consistent results. 

Also for example if you compare Couto/Lorenzo/Ximena/Freitas/Pinto and hlc on youtube,  you will notice they all show results under harsh lighting, combing through wet hair, showing all angles etc...

Never the case with hlc. The results which are cherry picked on their youtube channel are always showed either with longer hair or by hiding certain areas. 

To summarize, best case scenario you get a very good result although not full coverage since you have pretty advanced hairloss already and you'd need 2 large surgeries at least to achieve the illusion of full coverage. 

Very worst case scenario is you get an average result with lack of density like bloodhound, evanslawrence, namsak, andrei etc...

And then you will have to save an aditionnal 15k to get a repair with the best of the best....

Cause hlc offers free touch-ups but no refund so think about it twice. 

All the best. Good luck

Back to your rating in the beginning of this paragraph what category would you put Dr. Bicer dr Gur dr turan Dr. Pekiner dr path and dr laorwong ?

Edited by Iceee222

On 5/4/2022 at 4:26 PM, SoSoz said:

Dr Maras in cyprus seem to have great results and is recommended on this forum. 2.5eur per graft as well

Thank you.

@HashMan, if you interested, our clinic is highly recommended in this forum for years, HDC clinic located in Cyprus Nicosia Greek side, which is near to Greece and Turkey, our price is 2.4 Euros per graft for Dr. Maras and 2.2 Euros with Dr. Christina, the price includes our free accommodations next to the clinic and driver for the airport, you're welcome to PM or WhatsApp +972526542654

I myself a paitent of the clinic, had 2 successful repair procedures by Dr. Maras after I was botched by Arenamed hair mill clinic in Turkey.

You can see our work here:

https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

Just remember that you are not buying a car or a two week holiday. You are permanently changing your appearance (for better or for worse) for the rest of your life. Every morning when you get up and look in the mirror this is what you will see. If it's too expensive then wait and save up for the best option based on results. All the best.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:27 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Every ethical doctor has to talk warn the patients about both

the risks of using medication

and the risks of not using medication. 

I can totally understand people who refuse finasteride. Fair enough. But they have to accept that their hairloss will inevitably porgress and at some point they will not have enough donor supply to cover all the balding area with sufficient density... 

As far as I know, spanish and portuguese doctors generally prefer oral Dutasteride + oral minoxidil since it's better than the classic Fina + topical minox combo. 

I believe this is what Pinto and Freitas usually prescribe. 

Sure it will inevitably progress without meds. But i have also read that fin will eventually lose its effect down the line and hair loss will progress regardless depending on different factors. It basically delays the hairloss.  

Gathering this, imo its not worth it personally for me. As much as it sucks to be going bald, i rather not risk the short and long term side effects.

On 11/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Gatsby said:

Just remember that you are not buying a car or a two week holiday. You are permanently changing your appearance (for better or for worse) for the rest of your life. Every morning when you get up and look in the mirror this is what you will see. If it's too expensive then wait and save up for the best option based on results. All the best.

100% agree.