With a budget of 10k euro, should I go with HLC or is there a better clinic?

So after hesitating for months, I've recently started doing research and narrowed my options down to HLC and Dr Bicer. After consulting with them both, HLC has quoted 3200-3600 grafts and Bicer won't give me an estimate (they say my hair looks like it's thinning and that I should monitor my hair loss, I've told them I've been on Finasteride for 6 months and it's no longer thinning but they didn't care). Thus, I've ruled out Bicer.

So I've decided on HLC.. assuming they're the best out there. But reading around I noticed some people say that they're very good but they're not exactly the best. With a budget of 10,000 euro, would it be wise to go to HLC (2.5 euro/graft) or is there a better clinic? Preferably in Europe but doesn't have to be.

Also, I have a seperate question. I've gone to two clinics in person here in Sweden, one of them said I needed 3500 grafts and the other said I needed 2500 grafts. I don't understand why there's such a difference? Their prices are similar, but 1000 graft difference seems very strange to me?

Edited by HashMan

Do as many consultations as possible, this will give you a clearer idea of how many grafts you will need (if you want, post some pics of your situation, the more experienced members here, could give you an estimate).  Forget Turkey, with a budget of € 10,000, there are great options in Europe, the best surgeons are in Europe and not Turkey.

• Like 7

• Valued Contributor
33 minutes ago, Egy said:

Do as many consultations as possible, this will give you a clearer idea of how many grafts you will need (if you want, post some pics of your situation, the more experienced members here, could give you an estimate).  Forget Turkey, with a budget of € 10,000, there are great options in Europe, the best surgeons are in Europe and not Turkey.

This ^

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, HashMan said:

Bicer won't give me an estimate (they say my hair looks like it's thinning and that I should monitor my hair loss, I've told them I've been on Finasteride for 6 months and it's no longer thinning but they didn't care). Thus, I've ruled out Bicer.

Actually that would be the very reason why I would choose Dr Bicer! She is incredibly ethical and won't leave you butchered like most Turkish clinics. In fact quite the opposite. You need to be more patient and keep doing your research for a while longer. All the best!

• Like 5

Thank you for your replies.

My problem with doing research is I have trouble narrowing down my options, even if I only have two choices I'll sit on them for months just trying to decide. I've been stuck on "either HLC or Bicer" since February, unable to make a decision. I just wish I could have a clinic I could go to right now and be done with it, you know? But I'm afraid of not getting good results..

So I've always assumed Turkey is the best place to go to, and that HLC are the best, but if that's not the case then where else? Who would be the absolute best doctor/clinic for that price range? I'm not interested in mediocre or risky clinics, I would love some recommendations on the best ones under 10k euro. And the fewer options I have the less I will stress out trying to decide where to go!

Here's pictures from last week. In the fourth picture where I've raised my eyebrows, you can see where the forehead ends and my old hairline was (red part). I know they don't go down to what my hairline used to be, but I'd like to go as close to that as possible. How many grafts would you say that is? (I'm currently not interested in the crown area). Also I've been on Fin since October 23rd 2021 and I plan to stay on it indefinitely.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c5120c68cd71f21639b0ca4a8fbd7ea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d396e638b0fc76a86a0c444a5fd92f9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1f9d3116bf129293fbe45c6ccbaea84.jpegimage.thumb.png.fb744ef7b31a03a68219c7917e3bbe22.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.945d3fc7dffb3c284f133f188f510e30.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.39484ee8d47c88f87523b56539443ec1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.979133833e4df111cac6a27e506dbe7a.jpeg

Honestly I wouldn't go with HLC unless your budget is absolutely and strictly limited to  10 000$...

I'd try to save a bit more and go with Freitas/Pinto/Fereira/Ximena Vila. 

Couto, Lorenzo, Zarev and Bisanga are the very best in Europe for FUE but  they are a lot more expensive. The other ones I mentionned from Spain/Portugal are almost up there. 

If Zarev/Couto/Lorenzo are 5/5 then Ximena, Freitas, Pinto, Fereira are 4.5/5.  

Hlc would be like 4/5 at best. 

Some of them are approximatively 10% more expensive than hlc but 30% better in terms of quality. 

HLC does have a few amazing results on their youtube channel for sure and I was really considering them at some point. 

BUT then I found many bad results after doing extensive research. 

Check out in this forum the following threads: Bloodhound, EvansLawrence, Andrei HLC,  Namsak died on the battlefield.....

All highly questionable results...

Maybe you've already seen them. 

Also check out the many results from hlc on the german hairloss forum alopeziede Just translate the page into your language to read the reviews. There are many subpar results from hlc... 50% are good (not great) while the other 50% are just like lowcost hairmills...

And also go to google and check out the following thread "Yalatif Dr. Ozgur 2012 Hairloss international forum." This is an old one on the french hairloss forum. 

Basically there is evidence  of 3 totally failed transplants as well as 1 failed repair on 3 different  guys in a few weeks interval... 

Also Check out Sandrom and LemonC on Belicapelli too. Very questionable results too....Almost zero growth. 

Again, you may get a good result with HLC but you may also get a really average one and then you will regret spending 10k on something that looks like the average result you could have gotten in a  lowcost hairmill by spending only 3000$....

You know what I mean ?...

If you do decide to go then Dr. Umut is probably the least skilled surgeon out of all hlc surgeons. Dr. Elif and Dr. Cengiz seem to have better and more consistent results. Dr. Bekir is the youngest doc and replaced Dr. Akin. Never seen any result from him.  Unfortunately you cannot choose your doctor so it's all lottery ! 

The main doc Ozgur Oztan does not operate anymore. 

To be fair, I think they are a decent/good clinic overall. But just not comparable with Spain/Portugal. And from what I have seen not really worth the money according to the reviews on this forum ! 

Don't me wrong, they are by no means a terrible clinic but just not worth the money...You know what I'm sayin...

Like I said, if your budget is 10k then really try to save 12k-13k and go for a real elite FUE clinic which have a history of much more consistent results. 

Also for example if you compare Couto/Lorenzo/Ximena/Freitas/Pinto and hlc on youtube,  you will notice they all show results under harsh lighting, combing through wet hair, showing all angles etc...

Never the case with hlc. The results which are cherry picked on their youtube channel are always showed either with longer hair or by hiding certain areas. 

To summarize, best case scenario you get a very good result although not full coverage since you have pretty advanced hairloss already and you'd need 2 large surgeries at least to achieve the illusion of full coverage. 

Very worst case scenario is you get an average result with lack of density like bloodhound, evanslawrence, namsak, andrei etc...

And then you will have to save an aditionnal 15k to get a repair with the best of the best....

Cause hlc offers free touch-ups but no refund so think about it twice. 

All the best. Good luck

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah be careful. I see a Norwood 4 developping there... 

That is already pretty significant. 

Talking realistically you need a successful 5000 grafts to achieve the illusion of full coverage. 

You have only one donor. And anything passed Norwood 3 you don't have the right to make a mistake cause once the grafts are wasted they are wasted. 

4 hours ago, Still hesitant about HLC.. said:

Honestly I wouldn't go with HLC unless your budget is absolutely and strictly limited to  10 000$...

I'd try to save a bit more and go with Freitas/Pinto/Fereira/Ximena Vila. 

Couto, Lorenzo, Zarev and Bisanga are the very best in Europe for FUE but  they are a lot more expensive. The other ones I mentionned from Spain/Portugal are almost up there. 

Some of them are approximatively 10% more expensive than hlc but 30% better in terms of quality. 

HLC does have a few amazing results on their youtube channel for sure and I was really considering them at some point. 

BUT then I found many bad results after doing extensive research. 

Check out in this forum the following threads: Bloodhound, EvansLawrence, Andrei HLC,  Namsak died on the battlefield.....

All highly questionable results...

Maybe you've already seen them. 

Also check out the many results from hlc on the german hairloss forum alopeziede Just translate the page into your language to read the reviews. There are many subpar results from hlc... 50% are good (not great) while the other 50% are just like lowcost hairmills...

And also go to google and check out the following thread "Yalatif Dr. Ozgur 2012 Hairloss international forum." This is an old one on the french hairloss forum. 

Basically there is evidence  of 3 totally failed transplants as well as 1 failed repair on 3 different  guys in a few weeks interval... 

Also Check out Sandrom and LemonC on Belicapelli too. Very questionable results too....Almost zero growth. 

Again, you may get a good result with HLC but you may also get a really average one and then you will regret spending 10k on something that looks like the average result you could have gotten in a  lowcost hairmill by spending only 3000$....

You know what I mean ?...

If you do decide to go then Dr. Umut is probably the least skilled surgeon out of all hlc surgeons. Dr. Elif and Dr. Cengiz seem to have better and more consistent results. Dr. Bekir is the youngest doc and replaced Dr. Akin. Never seen any result from him.  Unfortunately you cannot choose your doctor so it's all lottery ! 

The main doc Ozgur Oztan does not operate anymore. 

To be fair, I think they are a decent/good clinic overall. But just not comparable with Spain/Portugal. And from what I have seen not really worth the money according to the reviews on this forum ! 

Don't me wrong, they are by no means a terrible clinic but just not worth the money...You know what I'm sayin...

Like I said, if your budget is 10k then really try to save 12k-13k and go for a real elite FUE clinic which have a history of much more consistent results. 

Also for example if you compare Couto/Lorenzo/Ximena/Freitas/Pinto and hlc on youtube,  you will notice they all show results under harsh lighting, combing through wet hair, showing all angles etc...

Never the case with hlc. The results which are cherry picked on their youtube channel are always showed either with longer hair or by hiding certain areas. 

To summarize, best case scenario you get a very good result although not full coverage since you have pretty advanced hairloss already and you'd need 2 large surgeries at least to achieve the illusion of full coverage. 

Very worst case scenario is you get an average result with lack of density like bloodhound, evanslawrence, namsak, andrei etc...

And then you will have to save an aditionnal 15k to get a repair with the best of the best....

Cause hlc offers free touch-ups but no refund so think about it twice. 

All the best. Good luck

I really appreciate your thorough response, thank you. I'm definitely not locked on HLC, they just seemed like the best option in Turkey which happened to be the only country I did research on. I absolutely don't mind saving up for a better clinic, although not too much because I want to start this process as soon as possible. I will contact those clinics! I have some follow up questions if that's ok.

So if I go for one of those 5/5 doctors (Zarev/Couto/Lorenzo/Bisanga).. am I then 100% guaranteed to have a successful & satisfying outcome? Do they give free touch-ups, PRP treatments, 1-year followup, etc? Or is it just the transplant and goodbye? And what about the 4.5 doctors? Is there a risk of catastrophic irreversible failure? Thing is, if something went wrong, I'd be thinking about how to fix my hair rather than how to get a refund, you know? "We messed up, here's your money back but enjoy your ruined head" is actually something that really scares me...

When you say 5000 grafts, do you mean both for the hairline and the crown - assuming I go full Norwood 4? Or do you mean 5000 grafts just from how my hair looks today?

If I stay on Finasteride, will that stop me from going full Norwood 4 (or whichever one in the scale I'm destined for, I get that you just made an estimate), or just slow down the process? Should I be on anything else? My plan was to just stay on Finasteride and nothing else until I'm like 70 or something, in hopes that I won't lose any more hair.

Finally, a stupid question: can I revive dead haircells through sheer willpower? I noticed while my hair was thinning and hairline was receding, there were 5 single hairs surrounded by baldness. After three of them fell off, I started actively thinking "don't fall off", "you two will survive", etc. every night by the mirror and those two hairs are still with me. Has that really helped, or was it just the finasteride kicking in? If it helped, can I just pick a random bald spot and go "hairs that were in this spot, you will start growing again!" over and over every night? (again, probably a very stupid question lol)

Fair questions bro. 👍

I will try to be as  honest as I can. 

Unfortunately there is no guarantee in hair transplants...

A hair transplant can fail even in the hands of the best surgeon in the world even though the risk is minimal of course. I have personnally never seen  bad results from the clinics that I mentioned BUT that doesn't mean they do not exist... 

Every clinic including the very best have had at least a few bad or subpar cases.

The best you can do try to minimize that risk by choosing the best surgeons. 

I totally understand your concerns and they are 100% legit. 

For guarantees it depends. Most clinics offer only free touch-ups. Some clinics will refund sometimes. Not all of them and it's a case by case approach and really depends on the ethics of the doctor. You have to ask your doctor during the initial consultation prior to surgery what happens in case something go wrong. It is of critical importance to make that aspect cristal clear. 

For a refund, you need to have them sign a guarantee before they operate on you that they will refund in case of failure. However, not many doctors do that. I heard Dr. Hasson used to do it. 

What I recommend you to do is go on each and every single hairloss forum. 

Baldtruth talk, recuperartupelo, alopeziede, hairloss international forum, belicapelli, hairlossexperiences, hairlosstalk, reddit HairTransplants and do a TON of research. 

Search for individual reviews and never trust cases posted by the sales representatives/consultant of a particular clinic because they are obviously cherry picked....

You should ask the clinic to show you as many cases as possible of their results on patients whose balding pattern  is as similar as possible to yours in order to get an acurate idea of what is achievable realistically. 

Also (ideally..) you wanna meet patients from the clinic in real life to see what these results actually look in real life. 

For the numbers of grafts that you require, 5000 is just an estimate. I think roughly 3000 to rebuild a "conservative mature hairline"  and give you some baseline coverage. You can always add some grafts later if you're not satisfied with the density. Your crown is not that bad. 2000 grafts should do it. Again I am not a hair transplant surgeon nor technician  and this is a rough estimate based on the many many cases I saw throughout the years. 

Also I would not recommend doing a mega session of 5000 grafts right away...

In case something goes wrong, it is always better to start with a minor surgery to see how well you "respond" to it. 

Most people make the mistake of going at it all at once and then end up being disapointed. . I made that very mistake in the past and I'm still dealing with the consequences to this day. 

Maybe do 2500 grafts or less for your first surgery and THEN if it turns out sucessful do the other half. Something like that... You don't wanna waste all your donor straight away.  

I am not a big fan of mega sessions since they can increase the transection rate during extraction and as well as increase blood supply competetion  between the grafts on the recipient and thus potentially lower the survival of those grafts....

Some doctors like Zarev have truly mastered mega sessions but you know  like I said there is never a 100% guarantee of sucess...

Only high chances  of sucess ! 

I noticed you have also slight miniaturization on the midscalp as well but that can be improved with medication since it seems like hairs are at the early stages of thinning on that specific area. I would hold off from getting surgery on the midscalp. At least for the moment. 

Yes Finasteride will slow down your hairloss drastically... Will it stop it completely forever ? Probably no. Will it help you maintain most of your native  hairs till the rest of your life ? Yes definitely. 

There are people have maintained most of their hair just with Finasteride since the 1990s. 

Finasteride is enough for maintenance for most guys unless you have really really agressive hairloss or you are using steroids. 

If you are worried about Finasteride losing efficacy then you can always upgrade to stronger drugs such ad Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, Topical anti androgens like RU58841, fluridil etc...

Or in the extreme case Derek's nuclear protocol LOL....

I'm sure you know all these pharmaceuticals. 

You can add these on top of finasteride in order to try and thicken up your midscalp and crown for 6 months or so. 

I'd do that first before getting under the knife. Surgery is always last resort. 

The Hairloss Show , Kevin Mann, Derek from MorePlatesMoreDates have many many videos about this very topic.  Check them out. 

Check out, Mister Rolandas, Mesiasss4, etc...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anal minoxidil said:

Fair questions bro. 👍

I will try to be as  honest as I can. 

Unfortunately there is no guarantee in hair transplants...

A hair transplant can fail even in the hands of the best surgeon in the world even though the risk is minimal of course. I have personnally never seen  bad results from the clinics that I mentioned BUT that doesn't mean they do not exist... 

Every clinic including the very best have had at least a few bad or subpar cases.

The best you can do try to minimize that risk by choosing the best surgeons. 

I totally understand your concerns and they are 100% legit. 

For guarantees it depends. Most clinics offer only free touch-ups. Some clinics will refund sometimes. Not all of them and it's a case by case approach and really depends on the ethics of the doctor. You have to ask your doctor during the initial consultation prior to surgery what happens in case something go wrong. It is of critical importance to make that aspect cristal clear. 

For a refund, you need to have them sign a guarantee before they operate on you that they will refund in case of failure. However, not many doctors do that. I heard Dr. Hasson used to do it. 

What I recommend you to do is go on each and every single hairloss forum. 

Baldtruth talk, recuperartupelo, alopeziede, hairloss international forum, belicapelli, hairlossexperiences, hairlosstalk, reddit HairTransplants and do a TON of research. 

Search for individual reviews and never trust cases posted by the sales representatives/consultant of a particular clinic because they are obviously cherry picked....

You should ask the clinic to show you as many cases as possible of their results on patients whose balding pattern  is as similar as possible to yours in order to get an acurate idea of what is achievable realistically. 

Also (ideally..) you wanna meet patients from the clinic in real life to see what these results actually look in real life. 

For the numbers of grafts that you require, 5000 is just an estimate. I think roughly 3000 to rebuild a "conservative mature hairline"  and give you some baseline coverage. You can always add some grafts later if you're not satisfied with the density. Your crown is not that bad. 2000 grafts should do it. Again I am not a hair transplant surgeon nor technician  and this is a rough estimate based on the many many cases I saw throughout the years. 

Also I would not recommend doing a mega session of 5000 grafts right away...

In case something goes wrong, it is always better to start with a minor surgery to see how well you "respond" to it. 

Most people make the mistake of going at it all at once and then end up being disapointed. . I made that very mistake in the past and I'm still dealing with the consequences to this day. 

Maybe do 2500 grafts or less for your first surgery and THEN if it turns out sucessful do the other half. Something like that... You don't wanna waste all your donor straight away.  

I am not a big fan of mega sessions since they can increase the transection rate during extraction and as well as increase blood supply competetion  between the grafts on the recipient and thus potentially lower the survival of those grafts....

Some doctors like Zarev have truly mastered mega sessions but you know  like I said there is never a 100% guarantee of sucess...

Only high chances  of sucess ! 

I noticed you have also slight miniaturization on the midscalp as well but that can be improved with medication since it seems like hairs are at the early stages of thinning on that specific area. I would hold off from getting surgery on the midscalp. At least for the moment. 

Yes Finasteride will slow down your hairloss drastically... Will it stop it completely forever ? Probably no. Will it help you maintain most of your native  hairs till the rest of your life ? Yes definitely. 

There are people have maintained most of their hair just with Finasteride since the 1990s. 

Finasteride is enough for maintenance for most guys unless you have really really agressive hairloss or you are using steroids. 

If you are worried about Finasteride losing efficacy then you can always upgrade to stronger drugs such ad Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, Topical anti androgens like RU58841, fluridil etc...

Or in the extreme case Derek's nuclear protocol LOL....

I'm sure you know all these pharmaceuticals. 

You can add these on top of finasteride in order to try and thicken up your midscalp and crown for 6 months or so. 

I'd do that first before getting under the knife. Surgery is always last resort. 

The Hairloss Show , Kevin Mann, Derek from MorePlatesMoreDates have many many videos about this very topic.  Check them out. 

Check out, Mister Rolandas, Mesiasss4,  etc...

I appreciate you so much, thanks for taking the time to answer!

I've sent in consultation forms to the doctors you mentioned, and I'll check out those forums as well. You're making me realize how shallow my previous research has been.

The plan was to fix my hairline and midscalp on the first surgery, and leave the crown for the future if it worsens. But maybe I'll just do the front and leave both the midscalp and crown for later on and see what medication does for those areas (although honestly I'm hoping Finasteride and no other meds will be enough to pump the breaks for now). So only the front means higher survival rate due to less grafts, which also means less money so I might be able to get it done sooner rather than later.. assuming the wait time for the clinics isn't too long.

HLC the very best clinic? Even I wouldn't say that. Are they the best at €2.5/graft? Or better than Bicer? Personally, as an HLC patient, I absolutely say yes.

I did my research, too. I've seen most of the sub-par patient cases, and I agree a couple were not good. The others were fine, albeit needing a top up. But the vast majority were great. Natural hairlines and good density. I see no better option at their price point. To get better, you have to increase your budget to €3-5/graft.

You need at least 2 procedures. I agree 3500-4000 for your hairline and mid-scalp. You have a good budget, but it puts you out of range for the top clinics. If you can find another 3000-5000 Euro, your options open up. And this is just for your first procedure.... you'll need another $10k for your second.

Another strategy would be to go with someone like Dr. Turan or Dr. Gur, who are half the price. They could probably get you most of what you want. Probably get you everything you want over 3 procedures. And it would cost your $10k in total!

Just my opinion. :)

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, What is your agenda here said:

On that scale, how would you rate Dr. Bhatti in Mohali, I think his clinic is called Darling Buds?

7 hours ago, graft81 said:

On that scale, how would you rate Dr. Bhatti in Mohali, I think his clinic is called Darling Buds?

Bhatti is controversial. 

I have seen some really good results from him. 

Not nearly as good as Pradeep Sethi from Eugenix though. 

But I have also seen several bad results from Dr. Bhatti too....

And there was a controversy on this forum about him.

Where I would rate him on that scale ? 

Good question. About the same as HLC. 

Good for the most part. Definitely not elite though and fails do happen with him too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.

I'd love to see your whole rankings including clinics like Mwamba, Feriduni and Hattingen Hair 🙂

Nevermind, I found your Posting about these 3.

Edited by graft81

On 4/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, graft81 said:

Thanks.

I'd love to see your whole rankings including clinics like Mwamba, Feriduni and Hattingen Hair 🙂

Nevermind, I found your Posting about these 3.

Hattingen is arguably the very best in Europe for FUT

And they are world class level too. 

Amazing graft survival, good coverage on advanced Norwoods, great yield and good survival rate. 

Anyone who is beyond Norwood 4 should consider starting with FUT (instead of fue...)  with an excellent clinic such as Hattingen. 

As for Mwamba, I remember he did not have a great reputation back in the day on the hairloss international forum.

There were some slight issues with some of his results and more importantly his overall ethics.

Very recently there was a very questionable result from him on the Hair Restoration Network too.  Check it out. 

Now is he a good surgeon ? For the most part  yes, Patrick Mwamba is a good doctor. 

I have also seen some a few amazing results from him too.

But I personally think you can find MUCH better than him in that price range....

Feriduni ? 

To be honest I haven't researched him that extensively. 

I know he is recommended by most forums and considered a good surgeon by most sources. But again that doesn't mean anything. 

He does seem to provide good results on a pretty consistent basis but I think he is somewhat "conservative". Old school I guess. 

Which isn't always a bad thing of course.

Also I gotta say I have never seen much from Feriduni on higher Norwoods...

As far as I can remember, there were some failed cases from him published in this forum too. 

And the explanation he gave in regards to the failure was a bit questionable.  

Again same as for Mwamba, Feriduni is a good surgeon and very experienced. But you can get much better in that price range. 

I'd rather go with Bisanga over Mwamba, Feriduni, Lupanzula and Devroye if you are in Brussells. 

And if you can afford Feriduni and Mwamba then why not just go with the best of the best ? 

Zarev, Couto, Lorenzo, Hattingen, Bisanga 

Again this is just my personnal opinion based on my research. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, What is your agenda here said:

Hattingen is arguably the very best in Europe for FUT

And they are world class level too. 

Amazing graft survival, good coverage on advanced Norwoods, great yield and good survival rate. 

Anyone who is beyond Norwood 4 should consider starting with FUT (instead of fue...)  with an excellent clinic such as Hattingen. 

As for Mwamba, I remember he did not have a great reputation back in the day on the hairloss international forum.

There were some slight issues with some of his results and more importantly his overall ethics.

Very recently there was a very questionable result from him on the Hair Restoration Network too.  Check it out. 

Now is he a good surgeon ? For the most part  yes, Patrick Mwamba is a good doctor. 

I have also seen some a few amazing results from him too.

But I personally think you can find MUCH better than him in that price range....

Feriduni ? 

To be honest I haven't researched him that extensively. 

I know he is recommended by most forums and considered a good surgeon by most sources. But again that doesn't mean anything. 

He does seem to provide good results on a pretty consistent basis but I think he is somewhat "conservative". Old school I guess. 

Which isn't always a bad thing of course.

Also I gotta say I have never seen much from Feriduni on higher Norwoods...

As far as I can remember, there were some failed cases from him published in this forum too. 

And the explanation he gave in regards to the failure was a bit questionable.  

Again same as for Mwamba, Feriduni is a good surgeon and very experienced. But you can get much better in that price range. 

I'd rather go with Bisanga over Mwamba, Feriduni, Lupanzula and Devroye if you are in Brussells. 

And if you can afford Feriduni and Mwamba then why not just go with the best of the best ? 

Zarev, Couto, Lorenzo, Hattingen, Bisanga 

Again this is just my personnal opinion based on my research. 

Really insightful stuff. Thanks for posting. Have you had a transplant yet?

I saw another thread on here by @mustangand he put Mwamba in his top 10 and said Bisanga wouldn’t be.

How easy or difficult is it to compare doctors? Is there a level of subjectivity?

6 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

Dr Maras in cyprus seem to have great results and is recommended on this forum. 2.5eur per graft as well

Dr Christina from HDC is also doing good work, and slightly less per graft.. 

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Dr Couto and/or Dr Zarev for a consultation?

Dr Zarev has a website but the link to the consultation form is broken.
I couldn't find anything for Dr Couto, closest I got was this link: 
But it says the price is 3$ per graft and that seems highly unlikely, I imagine he's alot more expensive than that. Either way, there's no number or email.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

52 minutes ago, HashMan said:

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Dr Couto and/or Dr Zarev for a consultation?

Dr Zarev has a website but the link to the consultation form is broken.
I couldn't find anything for Dr Couto, closest I got was this link: https://medihair.com/en/clinic/dr-juan-couto-fuexpert-clinic/
But it says the price is 3$ per graft and that seems highly unlikely, I imagine he's alot more expensive than that. Either way, there's no number or email.

You can try instagram perhaps it is more likely there.

Keep in mind though he gets hundreds of e-mails and messages a day, in addition to long surgery days 12+ hours, and the guy has a family and kids...it's just not possible for him to respond to everyone.

• Like 1