Donor Area: Is this decent for a second transplant?

Chilifight

all these pictures are post your 1st HT

I assume the HT was unsatisfactory based on your last picture. For the donor area, it could be fine and just be the camera's angle and lighting, but it actually looks somewhat depleted. 

Can you share the clinic and doctor name? No one should be dealing with a depleted donor after only 1 procedure. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

29 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

all these pictures are post your 1st HT

I assume the HT was unsatisfactory based on your last picture. For the donor area, it could be fine and just be the camera's angle and lighting, but it actually looks somewhat depleted. 

Can you share the clinic and doctor name? No one should be dealing with a depleted donor after only 1 procedure. 

The 1st HT Focused on the front hairline. The hairloss has progressed to the midscalp hence my decision for a second HT.
It was done by Clinicana in 2017

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

How long ago was your first hair transplant before you took these pictures?

My first HT was in 2017. 

These pictures were taken this week.

Do you think I could safely extract 3500 grafts for a second HT

9 hours ago, Chilifight said:

Hello everyone. I am currently planning my second hair transplant. I was told I need 3500 Grafts.
Do you guys think my donor area is decent for 3500 grafts?

Thanks

image.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-12 at 11.40.23 PM.jpeg

Screenshot_20220330-205537.jpg

how many grafts were taken in your first surgery?

10 hours ago, Chilifight said:

Hello everyone. I am currently planning my second hair transplant. I was told I need 3500 Grafts.
Do you guys think my donor area is decent for 3500 grafts?

Thanks

image.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-12 at 11.40.23 PM.jpeg

Screenshot_20220330-205537.jpg

Your donor can yield a good number of grafts. However, you can also give the donor grafts from your beard area. The beard grafts can be used as fillers on the mid scalp.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

It has to be examined by a surgeon but looking at at it I would say you definitely have more than enough for a second transplant . Just be sure to go to a top one and not a hair mill . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kashnw7hope said:

It has to be examined by a surgeon but looking at at it I would say you definitely have more than enough for a second transplant . Just be sure to go to a top one and not a hair mill . 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Were you on any medication prior to surgery or after? 

It looks like without seeing a pre-op picture of your donor that you have been over harvested. 

I wasn't in medication prior to the first HT

I have been for the past 3 years luckily with no side effects and it seems like it has stabilised. 

Yeah also think i have been over harvested hence the reason of my post. 

Do you think i can get 3500 grafts of my donor for a second HT

4 hours ago, Chilifight said:

I wasn't in medication prior to the first HT

I have been for the past 3 years luckily with no side effects and it seems like it has stabilised. 

Yeah also think i have been over harvested hence the reason of my post. 

Do you think i can get 3500 grafts of my donor for a second HT

I'll be perfect honest, you need a proper in person trichoschopic style evaluation so they can see the quality of your donor and density after the HT you had. You might also potentially benefit from a donor repair where they can potentially use beard grafts to mitigate where you have been over harvested although sometimes they might limit how much they use because its the 2nd best source of hair to use on the scalp which is why some might choose to go for the 3rd option of body hair to repair the donor too. 

15 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I'll be perfect honest, you need a proper in person trichoschopic style evaluation so they can see the quality of your donor and density after the HT you had. You might also potentially benefit from a donor repair where they can potentially use beard grafts to mitigate where you have been over harvested although sometimes they might limit how much they use because its the 2nd best source of hair to use on the scalp which is why some might choose to go for the 3rd option of body hair to repair the donor too. 

Thanks for your reply. I am currently not too bothered about my donor area. My main goal would be a good density from midscalp - to front hairline.
If I achieve that then I can let the donor are grow a bit more is that makes sense?
I was told I could get around 3.5k grafts from it from a reputable clinic (often recommended here in the Forum)
But wanted to double check what you guys think :) 

1 hour ago, Chilifight said:

Thanks for your reply. I am currently not too bothered about my donor area. My main goal would be a good density from midscalp - to front hairline.
If I achieve that then I can let the donor are grow a bit more is that makes sense?
I was told I could get around 3.5k grafts from it from a reputable clinic (often recommended here in the Forum)
But wanted to double check what you guys think :) 

Best to consult with the recommended clinics where you can probably attend in person imo. 

• 3 weeks later...