DermMatch shortage???

Was just replying to another topic asking about concealers. Went over to amazon to do a price check and I'm not getting any results for the Dermmatch brand, just other brands that may or may not work? Ebay has a few listings but they are in the $60s range instead of the usual $47. The direct website seems to still be offering it, you can add it to the cart and there are no updates or messages about shortages there. Clearly its less available through 3rd party sellers at this point, no doubt probably due to the general supply chain issues after the pandemic.

I've been shaving my head since the lockdown and will probably continue doing that going forward, so its not a big deal to me. But if this was pre-pandemic times it would be a different story. There do appear to be other brands or 'generics' that do the same thing on amazon. For anyone that really relies on this for their daily routine you may want to test out a few so that you have some backups to be on the extra safe side. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to Dermmatch directly too and see what they are experiencing and forecasting.

• Administrators

There’s a shortage? I haven’t been using dermmatch lately, as fibers are working better with my short hair. But if there’s a shortage, time for others to step up and fill the gap. They charge high prices cause they’re the only ones. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, NewHare said:

Just went to order Dermatch on Amazon and found no listings.  Shortage or have they stopped making this ?

What alternatives are there ?

I understand your pain, can't speak to any competitors. Their site is legit and still seems to be stocked. Same price but you pay $5 for shipping, so a few dollars more if you've been using amazon prime.

https://www.dermmatch.com/order/

I was hoping to get the free shipping with Amazon Prime.  $52 is a bit pricey I thought.

I came across 'Thicken It 100% Scalp Coverage Hair Powder - BLACK - Talc-Free .32 oz' on Amazon for $18.96.

Not sure if I should bother though, probably a cheap knock-off. I'm surprised there aren't any others to choose from,

which is probably why Dermatch is so expensive. No competition.