TRT and protecting hair

RTC

Damn that's very very low. I too am worried about the effects of TRT.

But I would defo try boosting it naturally first before going down that route. I'm also going to send you a link to a product called Sigma which Derek from MPMD just released, he did a two hour breakdown on it and it's for people like me and you who don't want to go the TRT route yet.

• Moderators

I drink a glass of Emergen-C Immune Plus almost every morning. It has zinc and vitamin D which both help raise testosterone.

Emergen-C.jpg.91f4e5ead6177964a3050d14b68ed0d9.jpg

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I drink a glass of Emergen-C Immune Plus almost every morning. It has zinc and vitamin D which both help raise testosterone.

Was your T level low and increased because of this? Did you get a chance to check via bloodwork?

On 4/11/2022 at 2:45 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Damn that's very very low. I too am worried about the effects of TRT.

But I would defo try boosting it naturally first before going down that route. I'm also going to send you a link to a product called Sigma which Derek from MPMD just released, he did a two hour breakdown on it and it's for people like me and you who don't want to go the TRT route yet.

Thx for all the info man. I'm ok with natural supplements but want to stay away from steriods etc and hopefully TRT...I'm not sure its worth the risk to other areas of the body especially cardiovascular.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

Was your T level low and increased because of this? Did you get a chance to check via bloodwork?

I don't know. I never had mine checked. I started taking it because Vitamin D and Zinc supposedly help with Covid if you get it. Then I started looking into it and saw they raise T levels, so I kept taking it. At 55 years old I'm sure my testosterone is lower than it used to be and I do feel like it's helping because I seem to get better erections and a better pump when working out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 10:19 AM, JoeMan said:

Another thing to try is leg exercises. Don't skip leg day. Ride a bike a few times a week. Apparently leg exercises boost T.

Working your legs doesn't boost T in anything like the way TRT will, though.  Or in a way that will lead to more muscle gains when other areas of the body are trained.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, mustang said:

I've been on TRT 3 times.

You'll need something to block Testosterone and a 5AR blocker

Daily Finasteride 0,5mg or 0.025% topically plus daily CB0301 5-7.5% 

Finasteride won't protect your hair from testosterone

Is this something you go to with your regular doc or a TRT clinic?

4 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

Is this something you go to with your regular doc or a TRT clinic?

In the US it can be hard to get a regular doctor to give you testosterone without some real medical necessity, like gender reassignment. It is easier to go to an "anti-aging" clinic. That's what I did. The best part of that is I get real, pharma grade product. The worse part is that it is not covered by insurance. 

I'm paying around $200/month for standard TRT. But I'm on a "get bigger/stronger" program so I pay a lot more. 🤣

• Wow 1

21 hours ago, MachoVato said:

In the US it can be hard to get a regular doctor to give you testosterone without some real medical necessity, like gender reassignment. It is easier to go to an "anti-aging" clinic. That's what I did. The best part of that is I get real, pharma grade product. The worse part is that it is not covered by insurance. 

I'm paying around $200/month for standard TRT. But I'm on a "get bigger/stronger" program so I pay a lot more. 🤣

Awesome information man. I'm in Cali looking for one. Ill do some searching on "anti aging" clinic. 200 a month without insurance doesnt sound terrible, i was thinking it would be in the 1000s

On 6/23/2022 at 2:33 AM, MachoVato said:

Could you speak on your stack more please?

A personal trainer once said that its really good to regularly train your glutes and legs as it can boost your testo levels a lot compared to training them only once a week or less. I am specifically talking about gym training. The glutes are the biggest muscle in our bodies so it makes sense that it will boost your testo levels more if you train it. Im not an expert on this but it comes from a legit source.

12 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Could you speak on your stack more please?

Before starting anything, my test level was in the 800s, which is pretty good.

I started on 50mg Anavar daily. I really like it, made some nice gains. But it crashed my test levels to the 200s.

So I added 200mg testosterone cypionate per week. My test levels recovered and went into the 1200s.

Today, I've dropped the Anavar (you shouldn't take it longer than a few months at a time) and I've changed it up. Now I'm taking 300mg of test per week. And 150mg of nandrolon (Deca) per week. I haven't had my blood tested yet so I don't know my numbers.

I'm also taking a couple extra things... Arimidex, 0.5mg/week, which is an aromatase inhibitor. It prevents estrogen from increasing, which can cause gynecomastia. I'm also taking gonadorelin 50mg/wk, which prevents my boys from shrinking. So every week I inject twice in my quads and twice into my belly fat. And take a couple pills.

The test 300 & deca 150 regimen is a proper cycle, albeit low dosage. Most guys are taking double that amount. I might bump up the dosage to 400/200 after I see my blood numbers in a month. 

I paid about $1600 for a 4 month prescription, for everything including syringes. 

Anavar and deca are fairly very hair safe since they don't covert to DHT. Adding a bunch of testosterone on the other hand can increase DHT levels. I'm hoping the finasteride can manage that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Excellent, but having just had a hair transplant, test (even with fin) sounds like a bold move. Are you experiencing any increased hair loss?

The transplanted hairs are relatively DHT resistant already, hence why it is called the safe zone. Like people with Norwood 6 who get a full front-to-back transplant really don't need finasteride. There's no native hair to protect.

So I'm not worried about that hair. But I do need to retain the native hair. Full hair loss isn't in my future genetically, but more thinning is. Finasteride and oral minoxidil should help. So far, no unusual hairloss or shedding, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Before starting anything, my test level was in the 800s, which is pretty good.

I started on 50mg Anavar daily. I really like it, made some nice gains. But it crashed my test levels to the 200s.

So I added 200mg testosterone cypionate per week. My test levels recovered and went into the 1200s.

Today, I've dropped the Anavar (you shouldn't take it longer than a few months at a time) and I've changed it up. Now I'm taking 300mg of test per week. And 150mg of nandrolon (Deca) per week. I haven't had my blood tested yet so I don't know my numbers.

I'm also taking a couple extra things... Arimidex, 0.5mg/week, which is an aromatase inhibitor. It prevents estrogen from increasing, which can cause gynecomastia. I'm also taking gonadorelin 50mg/wk, which prevents my boys from shrinking. So every week I inject twice in my quads and twice into my belly fat. And take a couple pills.

The test 300 & deca 150 regimen is a proper cycle, albeit low dosage. Most guys are taking double that amount. I might bump up the dosage to 400/200 after I see my blood numbers in a month. 

I paid about $1600 for a 4 month prescription, for everything including syringes. 

Anavar and deca are fairly very hair safe since they don't covert to DHT. Adding a bunch of testosterone on the other hand can increase DHT levels. I'm hoping the finasteride can manage that.

This looks more akin to a anabolic cycle than TRT. TRT is used for people mostly with low test esp older people .But your testerone prior to treatment was high so why the need to hop on to this as there are increased risks of cardiovascular problems that could arise. Also be wary of inhibiting estrogeon and keep a check on that as if it’s  not balanced with your increased T could cause the side effects associated with low t.

32 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

This looks more akin to a anabolic cycle than TRT. TRT is used for people mostly with low test esp older people .But your testerone prior to treatment was high so why the need to hop on to this as there are increased risks of cardiovascular problems that could arise. Also be wary of inhibiting estrogeon and keep a check on that as if it’s  not balanced with your increased T could cause the side effects associated with low t.

I added test after it dropped to the low 200s (as a result of taking Anavar alone). 

Yes, as I've said before, test 300 and deca 150 puts me in a mild AAS cycle. I'm likely to increase it to 400/200 after I see the impact on my bloods. 

Half of this dosage puts you in TRT range, including the deca, which has amazing joint pain benefits.

Yes, I have arimidex to manage high estrogen, if I get side effects. 

It's important to repeat, everything I'm doing is prescribed by a doctor and monitored with monthly blood tests. No underground juice for me! Truth is, if you have the money there's no reason to buy that "made in a garage" crap. 

Fin won't save your hair from TRT

You need a topical anti androgen like CB or Fluridil at a strong % to saturate the AR and block testosterone, worrying about DHT is just 25% of the problem, other androgens will miniaturize your hair.

Hair loss doesn't equal alopecia, I have had zero shedding for months with noticeable thinning and vice versa.

Now, CB and Fin can handle 100-120mg Test a week, not 300

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 12:18 PM, mustang said:

Fin won't save your hair from TRT

You need a topical anti androgen like CB or Fluridil at a strong % to saturate the AR and block testosterone, worrying about DHT is just 25% of the problem, other androgens will miniaturize your hair.

Hair loss doesn't equal alopecia, I have had zero shedding for months with noticeable thinning and vice versa.

Now, CB and Fin can handle 100-120mg Test a week, not 300

They do but to a far lesser extent than dht ,  due to the less binding affinity which is why most people can use fin or dut and halt it. 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, MachoVato said:

I added test after it dropped to the low 200s (as a result of taking Anavar alone). 

Yes, as I've said before, test 300 and deca 150 puts me in a mild AAS cycle. I'm likely to increase it to 400/200 after I see the impact on my bloods. 

Half of this dosage puts you in TRT range, including the deca, which has amazing joint pain benefits.

It's important to repeat, everything I'm doing is prescribed by a doctor and monitored with monthly blood tests. No underground juice for me! Truth is, if you have the money there's no reason to buy that "made in a garage" crap. 

Oh I meant taking. Armindex can crash your estrogeon too low and that can cause side effects similar to low t esp with your t shooting up as there is big imbalance between the two.  But your taking regular blood tests and under the supervision of a doctor which is prudent so you be able to monitor all this and adjust accordingly. Have you noticed better performance in the gym and quicker strength gains as as result of taking these supplements ?

On 6/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, MachoVato said:

On 6/27/2022 at 11:57 AM, sukh123 said:

They do but to a far lesser extent than dht ,  due to the less binding affinity which is why most people can use fin or dut and halt it. 

I disagree

I was on Dutasteride and had zero DHT while on Test and thinned out a lot.

That was all test.