Dr Sethi, Eugenix | Three Sittings (Mar 22, Oct 22 & Feb 24) | 11,166 Grafts (inc 3613 BHT)

Bandit90

Introduction 

So I would first like to start by saying thanks to this amazing community. I can’t wait to give back and share my journey.

Currently I am one day post-op from my procedure at Eugenix Hair Sciences. 

Why I chose Eugenix 

After being rejected by a forum recommended doctor due to my extensive hair loss I had lost hope that there ever was a chance for me to have a transplant, so I distanced myself from transplants. However, I came back to this this forum and stumbled across Eugenix.  Witnessing the results of Zoomster, and paddyirishman (to mention a couple) I began to regain hope. After a consultation with the Eugenix doctors, they determined I was viable for a hair transplant, as much to say I got the ball rolling straight away to get there.

Travelling to India

I traveled to India the day prior to my procedure so I could undertake the pre-opp blood tests required by the clinic. I would say to those who haven’t traveled to India before you should prepare yourself for the hustle and bustle which is Delhi immigration. However once I passed immigration I sailed through the airport and was greeted by the driver outside the gate who took me to the Hilton hotel. The hotel is conveniently located a 2 min drive away from the clinic 

Surgery Planning

Through the video consults it was planned to go for 6500 grafts to get full coverage. However, after reviewing my donor in person Dr Pradeep felt it was not the best and that I should instead plan a two stage approach equating to 4000 in the first sitting and 2500 in the second sitting for the crown. My head shape also provided a challenge as I required more grafts to achieve coverage. We discussed designs and I was more than delighted with what he proposed. Dr Pradeep really wanted to put emphasis on my temples, as he believed by restoring these he could make a huge cosmetic difference. Though my research I also have realistic expectations, which the doctor appreciated. 

Surgery 

The surgery was split over three days.

Day 1

Day 1 compromised of Dr Pradeep doing the slits.  1200 were extracted and implanted into my hairline. During the extractions, I heard Ravi who is the Eugenix extraction master call for Dr Pradeep (in my head I thought “Oh no”). Dr Pradeep asked me to sit up and broke the news “Your donor is brilliant and we can easily get 4000 grafts, we are going to change your plan” To which point Dr Pradeep began to dance with joy in the operating room, with me and all the technicians joining in too! If there ever was such a thing as passion, then that has to be it. 

Day 2 

Started with Dr Pradeep lowering my hair line by 1 cm to be 8cm from the midpoint of my eye brows and working back towards crown area. Even though I had the donor to go for full coverage in a single session Dr Pradeep felt it would be prudent to keep it as a two stage approach and do the crown later in the year (I am totally happy with this approach by the way).

The implantation focused on the temple area (nearly 400 in each). The day finished on 800 implanted. The temples seem to take along time as there was lots of graft splitting required and very meticulous implanting. I have also been informed that these temples are Dr Pradeep’s biggest in terms of graft to date (I feel honoured!)

Day 3 

3300 grafts were extracted and implanted over a very long day! I didn’t sleep to great either which caused me to bleed more that previous in the days. However the thought of having hair once again carried me over the finish line!   

Special Mentions 

First would like to say thank you to Dr Pradeep. He is more than just a doctor, just being in his presence you get a warm energy. He genuinely loves what he does and will do everything in his skill and ability to give you best possible outcome . He is nothing short a legend and has the most loveable personality! Both him and Dr Arika have created a unique culture at Eugenix whereby everyone works with in-harmony with such happiness and pride. I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Dr Pradeep and two other patients (Tony and Yasir) at the eugenix farmhouse, which was an unbelievable experience. 

I would also like to say thank you to Anil. Anil too works with so much love and passion. He takes that good care of the patients, that you forget your even at a clinic. He has a nothing is too big attitude and will do everything to make your stay comfortable 

Also thanks to the technicians. You soon realise that the engine behind Eugenix’s success is the high skill set of the techs. They work tirelessly to drive the Eugenix results. It’s clear that each tech has their specific station, whether that is extraction, implantation, graft splitting, etc. No matter what package you chose you are going to see the same techs and receive identical high quality. 

I would like to pay a special thanks to the technician Rajan. Who came to my hotel at 11pm to drop off a spray bottle I had left at the clinic (which I didn’t even realise I had left until I got a call from reception saying someone is in the lobby. Also Rajans massages in the operating room really helped me get through the third day, as I was getting back pain from being lay flat for a long period. 

Finally like to say a thank you to Yash who works in media team at Eugenix. As I have got so much from Eugenix YouTube in terms of education, I felt only inclined to give back. So I spent a few hours with Yash giving a couple of interview pre & post surgery. Yash is a very professional, polite man and too cares promoting the Eugenix philosophy. 

Concluding remarks

In summary, I can’t get over how amazing the experience has been. The buzz around Eugenix is something special and you forget your even at a clinic. I can’t thank the people of this forum enough for guiding me to Eugenix. I genuinely can’t wait to return again for my crown. 

I could go on forever writing about my experience, but  I shall leave it here. I will be checking in regularly and sharing my journey with you all. 

F7AD6D9E-5A5C-4720-9180-3EA6205F149D.jpeg

6142A1CD-2A33-47C7-B195-8EE33D81B9F3.jpeg

6348C659-ECBB-4985-87BB-594CA2CC1552.jpeg

A5836182-1049-41A1-8F6E-32652115AC28.jpeg

C2E25C45-80A5-48E3-8C3F-9CFC02E55221.jpeg

4AA37D2E-D002-4191-A281-D90FFA04DE8F.jpeg

EB3E8448-117E-4E68-AAA2-BEF64CBAB4B0.jpeg

A9407EB9-B78F-4CC2-A0B8-7B50BE47135F.jpeg

506D12C9-CE14-4039-8B58-806EE3999995.jpeg

B3D356D6-87BA-4431-8190-14909C69D55E.jpeg

215F4829-43F0-4740-B55A-3858B05BAA4B.jpeg

7375E339-7385-471F-9621-D813D9634000.jpeg

5D77EA5C-1EF5-4DBA-909B-109B4C9510E3.jpeg

5277D327-2F16-4678-9430-81186014B676.jpeg

31450729-B395-485A-8D07-A9202F0CD6A2.jpeg

E5CA5DC4-8EE6-4C90-9451-FEDCDDF98F71.jpeg

666586D7-3D2A-4BF5-8803-205F16F31746.jpeg

79E6FA7B-C876-4753-B9DA-39E430F7B2A1.jpeg

68E67168-A733-4F8B-9AFF-293B09584413.jpeg

D8475424-D356-4434-873A-BB0446BECEDE.jpeg

860A6435-A128-4388-83AB-CC5922780BA2.jpeg

9F9FF130-5F8E-4143-AC61-F092C2A14F61.jpeg

7B68C097-264E-41D2-A342-6BB3C138FDAF.jpeg

94C27840-4B5C-4EEF-B718-A4F9EF8CD109.jpeg

BBFB27DA-B5A8-4022-981E-511942439D8B.jpeg

3CC9BD0C-DB3D-40D4-9B1D-3DBD9BC3B139.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Incredibly happy for you John and it really goes to show just how gifted Dr Pradeep is in the most difficult and highest of Norwood cases. Wishing you happy growing and I look forward to following your progress. Your wife won’t recognize you! Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Incredibly happy for you John and it really goes to show just how gifted Dr Pradeep is in the most difficult and highest of Norwood cases. Wishing you happy growing and I look forward to following your progress. Your wife won’t recognize you! Thanks for sharing. 

1 minute ago, kirkland said:

Congratulations @Bandit90 !

Another epic surgery from Eugenix. 

Cheers Gents! Rude of me not to mention how your two journeys inspired me to make the Eugenix leap! 

• Like 2

• Administrators

The work looks exceptionally clean, very excited for you my man 🙌🏼

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

John,

Thank you for calling me yesterday with Dr.Pradeep Sethi. I havent't even arrived there yet and I feel like we are all friends within a few seconds of talking.

The work not only looks clean and artistic, but I have no doubt you will have an fantastic result 

Keep us updated in the coming months and happy growth!

• Like 5

Absolutely brilliant, John!!!- What was the breakdown between scalp and beard grafts? I looked at your breakdown from the whiteboard picture....were only 256 grafts taken from the beard with the remainder from the scalp?

Will the next surgery only use scalp grafts or mix in beard as well?

Finally, when will you return for the 2nd surgery?

I love Eugenix in how where others see problems, they see opportunities!

I will be watching your thread closely.

Happy growing! 

• Like 1

Wow, this is incredible. You are really lucky. The shape of the post op pictures itself give a clue that you are going to get a great transformation. It seems like your baldness is already fully stabilized as whole area was used. That's a lot of grafts for the area, you will get a great coverage IMO.

• Like 3

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

3 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

After being rejected by a forum recommended doctor due to my extensive hair loss I had lost hope that there ever was a chance for me to have a transplant, so I distanced myself from transplants. However, I came back to this this forum and stumbled across Eugenix.  Witnessing the results of Zoomster, and paddyirishman (to mention a couple) I began to regain hope. After a consultation with the Eugenix doctors, they determined I was viable for a hair transplant, as much to say I got the ball rolling straight away to get there.

Just wanted to say that this is not uncommon. @Zoomsterwas rejected as well and told by another reputable doctor of the lack of coverage he would get.

• Like 2

As I mentioned to you before, welcome to the Eugenix family! Absolutely beautiful work! How many cm from the top to the brow to the hair line? Everything looks so clean on the donor. Plenty more to dip into for future crown work. Framing your face vertically with those temples is going to make a huge difference for you. They new you is gonna blow you away my friend!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, MazAB said:

As I mentioned to you before, welcome to the Eugenix family! Absolutely beautiful work! How many cm from the top to the brow to the hair line?

I think he mentioned 8cm

44 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

How many beard grafts did you get?

I think it 1,300 as noted in the subject of the post.

I am @Bandit90's spokesperson...LOL

• Haha 2

Congratulations and really looking forwards to see how your results pan out. 

I'm actually a BIG follower of any hair transplants that entirely recreate the temple points and hearing Dr Pradeep managed to do 400! grafts per temple is gargantuan and he's 100% right, restoring them does grant a big boost to the aesthetic look of a hair transplant. 

I have a procedure scheduled for May with Eugenix and we had a plan to go for a higher density than the 250 grafts quoted, but i never dreamed 400 grafts in a single pass was possible but the fact Dr Sethi is able to do so is just wow. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

John,

Thank you for calling me yesterday with Dr.Pradeep Sethi. I havent't even arrived there yet and I feel like we are all friends within a few seconds of talking.

The work not only looks clean and artistic, but I have no doubt you will have an fantastic result 

Keep us updated in the coming months and happy growth!

Was a pleasure to speak with you Ryan! I felt exactly the same. I Cant wait for you to start your Eugenix journey too! Going to be a big year for us both! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SLA said:

I think he mentioned 8cm

I think it 1,300 as noted in the subject of the post.

I am @Bandit90's spokesperson...LOL

Haha brilliant! Yes I can confirm it was 1,300 Beard Grafts and the hairline was 8cm from middle of eyebrows. 

8 hours ago, quantumhair said:

Wow, this is incredible. You are really lucky. The shape of the post op pictures itself give a clue that you are going to get a great transformation. It seems like your baldness is already fully stabilized as whole area was used. That's a lot of grafts for the area, you will get a great coverage IMO.

Amazing, thank you! I can confirm I take daily finasteride so donor is stable. 

Like father like son 😂

An evolution is happening right before our eyes .

Incredibly happy for you John..this journey is going feel all the sweeter for you considering you were deemed inoperable in the past..

Brilliant work by all of those who involved .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

Like father like son 😂

An evolution is happening right before our eyes .

Incredibly happy for you John..this journey is going feel all the sweeter for you considering you were deemed inoperable in the past..

Brilliant work by all of those who involved .

Haha, “the son of zoomster” (this is my nickname around Eugenix now lol!) Well if get half the result of what you have Karl i’ll be over the moon. 

I agree amazing work! Everything you have said about Eugenix, I can only vouch for first hand! 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Haha, “the son of zoomster” (this is my nickname around Eugenix now lol!) Well if get half the result of what you have Karl i’ll be over the moon. 

I agree amazing work! Everything you have said about Eugenix, I can only vouch for first hand! 

You’ll be receiving every bit as good a result John ..nothing surer 👍