Full Review - Dr. Haber in Ohio - 2,000 Grafts

Coverdale

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 7:41 AM, Coverdale said:

UPDATE - 2 months and 20 days since HT

Feeling has returned to my scalp. My donor area looks healthy, with the exception of where they first began the removal of hair. I’m hoping this one area appears thinner since it was where they first started and or because of shock loss, not over harvesting. I have very very little growth in my recipient area. I know I shouldn’t be concerned at this point, but I can’t help to be. I’m hoping that I’ll see significant progress in the next 1.5 months. I have had my donor area cut 3 times now and have not touched my recipient area. Keep in mind that I had a decent head of hair prior to my procedure, so these “update” pics only show what I had prior to the transplant already, not much new growth at all. Hair is a bit wet, as I just showered.  Should I see more by now? 

F9B8EB92-FFCC-4120-8D3F-66C735E3A08E.jpeg

B3A9C1D6-D89D-4C86-86D5-E78D578A7821.jpeg

384590E3-7292-4823-8583-8FF8C3AD7375.jpeg

03106F1D-40E6-4D2E-92B6-D056504FA273.jpeg

E51F7A13-86A6-464A-BB9E-EA86D1B747A0.jpeg

249F1A7C-6700-482D-BC66-5E1D0A30808F.jpeg

93250707-3AFE-483C-8D67-3B3729E8148C.jpeg

Do you have noticeable scars in donor area? How low of a guard can you go with? Is there any sign of over harvest in the donor area? I am considering Haber as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 9:41 PM, Buckeyes10 said:

@Coverdale how are things going? Having a haber procedure next month with similar graft count…anything you learned that you wish you knew before going into procedure? Whether that is pre/post/ procedure itself. Thanks! 

How did yours go? I am considering Dr Haber. 

2 hours ago, medoh199 said:

How did yours go? I am considering Dr Haber. 

The procedure went very smooth. Haber is highly involved throughout and extremely detail oriented. His staff is with him daily as he does a lot of hair transplants and this is noticeable in how they work efficiently. I don’t regret my decision to go to Haber and felt comfortable knowing a doctor was doing majority of the procedure and not a flown in tech crew from neograft. 

After a week my donor area wasn’t very noticeable and felt comfortable in public after 2 weeks with recipient area. I had him fill in my receding hairline and he goes for more of a natural hairline so hoping it all looks good and full in 6-12 months!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyes10 said:

The procedure went very smooth. Haber is highly involved throughout and extremely detail oriented. His staff is with him daily as he does a lot of hair transplants and this is noticeable in how they work efficiently. I don’t regret my decision to go to Haber and felt comfortable knowing a doctor was doing majority of the procedure and not a flown in tech crew from neograft. 

After a week my donor area wasn’t very noticeable and felt comfortable in public after 2 weeks with recipient area. I had him fill in my receding hairline and he goes for more of a natural hairline so hoping it all looks good and full in 6-12 months!

Thanks for replying. Did you do fue or fut? After consultation did you have any follow up questions and if so how'd you get a hold of them? I had a consult and then emailed with a couple of Qs but no response. I guess I will have to call, but I'm also not sure yet I'll go with him yet.

21 hours ago, medoh199 said:

Thanks for replying. Did you do fue or fut? After consultation did you have any follow up questions and if so how'd you get a hold of them? I had a consult and then emailed with a couple of Qs but no response. I guess I will have to call, but I'm also not sure yet I'll go with him yet.

I did FUE which is few dollars more per graft but I’m very active and didn’t want to wait on stitches, etc. I did 1 consultation, deposit to lock in surgery date, and then ended up doing 2nd consultation before the procedure to make sure everything would be smooth. If you don’t get reply on first email try a second and phone call is what I did.  I know it can be frustrating and I remember it making me nervous but the day of procedure staff with Dr Haber are very good and I am confident in them as well as Dr Haber who did majority of the procedure himself. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Buckeyes10 said:

I did FUE which is few dollars more per graft but I’m very active and didn’t want to wait on stitches, etc. I did 1 consultation, deposit to lock in surgery date, and then ended up doing 2nd consultation before the procedure to make sure everything would be smooth. If you don’t get reply on first email try a second and phone call is what I did.  I know it can be frustrating and I remember it making me nervous but the day of procedure staff with Dr Haber are very good and I am confident in them as well as Dr Haber who did majority of the procedure himself. 

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:16 PM, Buckeyes10 said:

Hey, how are your results coming in? I know it's still early but are you happy with them so far?

• Thanks 1

Too early to tell so far. Last month hairs were gone, this month starting to see some baby hairs pop through out of no where ha. I’ve read a lot of change happens month 4 to 5 which would be around May for me. As far as donor area and healing, can’t tell anything ever happened back there. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

@Coverdale Do you have any updates? How are things going? 

Your 6 month update looked pretty good. Should be around 2 years now since your procedure, interested to see the final outcome. 

Edited by mavigo

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

4 hours ago, mavigo said:

@Buckeyes10  Do you have any updates? How are things going? 

I went with Haber. I just posted earlier my update if you go in my profile and check my recent post you can see my results/lack of results. Things have not turned out well.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that, hope things get better for you. But I'm interested to see how things turned out for @Coverdale

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Vaz430 said:

I went with Haber. I just posted earlier my update if you go in my profile and check my recent post you can see my results/lack of results. Things have not turned out well.

Sorry to hear that, what has the surgeon offered?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.