Bogota Hairlines | 2477 Grafts

freddyjayp

Hey everyone.

It's my first time posting here, and I wanted to share my experience at Bogota Hairlines. 

I got the procedure done on April 5, 2021, so it's almost been a year. I had a total of 2477 grafts done (470 1-hair grafts, 1407 2-hair grafts, and 600 3-hair grafts).

I was experiencing diffuse hair thinning, so I was worried this wouldn't be enough grafts for an impressive result – but I was wrong. I'm extremely happy with how it's turned out! I want to mention I was 25 when I got the procedure done. Also, I've been using minoxidil (2x a day) and taking finasteride (1mg daily) since January 2021.

Overall Experience

The clinic was always very friendly and informative from the start. They answered my questions before I could even ask them. Plus, the results I saw come out of this place were phenomenal and incredibly natural looking. It didn't take long for me to commit and schedule my procedure. They took care of everything, including guides who met me at the airport, transportation, and hotel stay. All I had to worry about was my airfare. 

The entire procedure was seamless. On the day of my procedure, Johnny, the tour guide, picked me up from the hotel. Before they got to work, I sat down with Dr. Camacho to talk about my goals. He was very personable and friendly. Because I don't speak Spanish fluently, I was worried about how we'd communicate. However, Dr. Camacho, as well as most of the team, speak impeccable English! After he explained the entire procedure, he drew my hairline-to-be. We discussed reinforcing my hairline for a natural appearance, as well as filling in the scalp. I had a lot of miniaturized hairs, so he was very specific about transplanting in areas that had enough space to not damage those hairs. By the end of our chat, I felt very at ease and was ready to get started!

The procedure itself wasn't painful. The only painful part was the injections of lidocaine, which burned like hell. Aside from that, I was very numb and couldn't feel a thing. I even fell asleep on the table when they were extracting the grafts, haha. I did feel some discomfort the night of the procedure, but nothing a pain killer couldn't fix. The following day I flew back home without any problems. 

Recovery was pretty smooth. Aside from an itchy scalp, I had no issues. I experienced moderate shedding, but those hairs returned a few months in. By day 7, the swelling went down, and I was able to comfortably go out in public.

Final Thoughts

I don't regret going to this clinic AT ALL. Flying to Colombia for my HT was so worth restoring my confidence. Plus, my hair looks like it did before I lost most of it! I'm ecstatic with how it's turned out, and I'm always have friends/family asking me for their contact info, haha. 

Here are some pictures of my journey! 

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by freddyjayp

• Administrators

Damn incredible man 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.