14 days post op - very worried about direction of transplanted hair

41 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

It is the weekend and with time difference I'm sure it will take longer than 14 hrs to gather this information. I'd give it a few days as I'm sure they'll have to find the pictures of these cases. Not saying for sure you're getting them but be a little more patient. 

You're right, I'm jumping the gun a bit. I'll wait for a few days and hope they send out the pictures. 

28 minutes ago, Egy said:

I think you are worrying too much, you are only 14 days after the transplant, not 14 weeks (which would still be a short time to judge) plus you went to one of the clinics that has been producing excellent results lately.

I get where you're coming from. But 2 months of research, picking the best clinic that I probably could and then getting a result which atleast initially seems to not look right becomes very disheartening. Especially because all it takes is one look in the mirror to remind me of it. I can't go out anywhere without putting a hat on because my transplanted hair sticks out so much. 

So yes I do agree that I could probably worry a bit less, but most of it is warranted given what I'm putting up with. 

Besides, isn't the 14-17 day mark considered the golden period? Where you get a preview of what your hair will look like 8-10 months later? Atleast that's what I remember hearing and reading everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, jbond007 said:

Besides, isn't the 14-17 day mark considered the golden period? Where you get a preview of what your hair will look like 8-10 months later? Atleast that's what I remember hearing and reading everywhere. 

Absolutely not, I haven't read it anywhere that after 14-17 days you can already understand how your transplant will end.  Be calm, and don't look too much in the mirror.

• Like 2

You've had massive trauma to your head 14 days ago. Why do you think there should be no signs of surgery at this point. Honestly, you're over analyzing the situation and need to just let yourself heal. You have 12 months until you see the final result so worrying at this point is futile. Even if you think the grafts looked misangled at this point (as I previously mentioned, I don't think they do) your hair is not going to be this short when the transplant matures. As such, this will be completely unnoticeable when the hair gets longer. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• A calm head is required at this stage. There is either problem or not, neither of which will be established definitively until later into the development of the HT.
  • The post-procedure photos from the clinic are required ASAP.
  • @JDEE0 Can you PM me next weeks winning lottery numbers🙂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AA1989 said:
  • A calm head is required at this stage. There is either problem or not, neither of which will be established definitively until later into the development of the HT.
  • The post-procedure photos from the clinic are required ASAP.
  • @JDEE0 Can you PM me next weeks winning lottery numbers🙂

Haha of course mate, just don't share them around too much.

Nah, what can I say, I must have a keen eye for detail - I was around about 60-70 percent sure my guess was correct just based on the very edges of the hairline, the temple points and the fact he said the doc used slits/is recommended here!

To OP though since I'm here, like I said initially, I really don't think this is some grave error of misangulation and rather think it was intentional due to your native hair directions and also just the way you healed up which caused some of the grafts (skin itself more accurately) to kinda bunch up in some areas.

It's done now regardless, so just try not to spend the next 3-4 months worrying non stop as it won't do anything but send you insane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sure, it's too soon to make any final opinions. But let's be real here... if this was done by a Turkish clinic, we would be ripping them to shreds. I get it, Eugenix is a board favorite and Bansal is legit. But come on now. The angles are wrong. 

I don't think any clinic (paying member or not) should get a free pass. My ethics won't allow it. I'm willing to give this the benefit of doubt, Eugenix has earned that. But I'll be unhappy if they say they are happy with this... that this meets their high standards. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Sure, it's too soon to make any final opinions. But let's be real here... if this was done by a Turkish clinic, we would be ripping them to shreds. I get it, Eugenix is a board favorite and Bansal is legit. But come on now. The angles are wrong. 

I don't think any clinic (paying member or not) should get a free pass. My ethics won't allow it. I'm willing to give this the benefit of doubt, Eugenix has earned that. But I'll be unhappy if they say they are happy with this... that this meets their high standards. 

I understand the point you're trying to make, and I agree with it completely; I personally have 0 qualms calling out a result from any surgeon and am the last person to censor my opinion because X doc/clinic performed it.

In this case, I just genuinely don't know if the angles are actually off or not. That's the only reason I personally am defending this (for lack of a better word), not because it's Eugenix who carried it out. I'm simply just on the fence; I've seen similar-ish cases on the Spanish forum where I initially thought that the angles were really weird, and then I got to the end of the thread and the results were absolutely amazing. 

In fact, I could link one right now from my own surgeon, Dr. Pinto, where I distinctly remember saying to myself why the hell are the angles all strange and different to all his other cases and that it seemed quite off, but a few pages later, it turned out really good. It wasn't as strange looking as this one, granted, but it definitely caught my attention and I immediately questioned it.

As a result, I really just cannot decide in this case whether I think this is a poor job or not, and I'm impartially just leaning towards that not being the case right now because I have a hunch it isn't. But time will tell.

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, jbond007 said:

She did send me a brief video explaining that some of my hair is sticking together and there has been some shock loss in the area.  But the general direction seems to be fine and I shouldn't worry. Also mentioned that my transplanted hair area is looking darker (more black) than my regular hair and that this could be due to the graft being thicker (since it was from back of my head) than my natural hair. I was confused by this explanation because my temple peaks seem to completely blend in and not stand out at all. 

I've asked the post surgery team how I can go about getting the post op pictures that were taken by eugenix. I'll share those here when I get them. 

As for some other similar examples, I doubt they'll ever send me those pictures. They would have 100% put me at ease as you said but like I said before, I asked Dr Arika to send me pictures 14+ hours ago at this point but haven't received anything. 

Edit - this is the picture I sent her last night with my hair wet. Which in my opinion clearly brought out the angle contrast between my natural and transplanted hair. I won't draw my transplanted area zone on this photo and I'm still sure almost all of you will be able to tell where the transplanted area begins. 

A7A0D848-8D08-47A6-BEB2-06C5207600DD.jpeg

This picture looks completely different from the first picture you posted. Had you shared this photo, I wouldn’t have said anything. 
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

@BeHappy did illustrate an issue earlier that your hair naturally changes many different directions. Based on the above picture, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This picture looks completely different from the first picture you posted. Had you shared this photo, I wouldn’t have said anything. 
image.jpeg

@BeHappy did illustrate an issue earlier that your hair naturally changes many different directions. Based on the above picture, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. 

Yes i agree, the 2nd picture tells very different story. In any case , as long as it heals well & grafts survive, it can be touched up. Graft survival is the most important. Keep us updated and don't feel too stressed as stress will cause hair loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MachoVato said:

thank you for saying this

I agree that the newest picture looks much better. I'm still wondering what happened in the other pictures that looked so off. I do believe that if this was some other clinic in Turkey, we'd all be saying that this is a bust. That being said, I believe that some results I've seen on here from Eugenix, coupled with the latest picture, I'm thinking that this will turn out fine. 

I'm not 100% sure of course but I do believe that if it doesn't, they'll stand behind their work. 

I'm sure it's hard but I really don't think it's going to take 12 months to know. I believe by months 3-4 you'll be able to tell. 

I'm hopeful for a good result but I truly understand your concerns here. Everyone agreed that it looked off and it seems like now that you've mentioned Eugenix some people backed off. The truth is that the latest picture tells a different story in my opinion.  I'd still like to see post operative pictures from Eugenix because I believe this might give us more information. 

• Like 1

Somebody mentioned that their grafts looked fine on the day of surgery and then misaligned Day 17 so there's a possibility that this has occured with you OP and yeah, i agree with Joe that it seems like people backed off a bit when they got a confirmation it was Eugenix, but i only think that's because we have had so many genuine patient results and testimonials from people that have had Dr Bansal do the slits and there's not been a single bade case of misaligned grafts noted before. 

There's then the possibility the direction thing is the grafts falling out a bit sooner than expected and changing directions as they get ready to do so because your angle of direction did change between the initial picture and the one you last posted again as well as the obvious lighting difference in the areas of native to transplanted hair.

I do get how people saying X, Y, Z might make it seem like they're ignoring what you've raised after the fact but as always, once the procedures done, usually you need to wait till the later stages to see the results progress and make a full determination. I'd say 3-6 months updates will let you know for sure. 

Just to put this out there, personally if i was in your position i'd have also probably felt hugely apprehensive after all the research etc. It's a very emotionally invested procedure to make. 

However, with it being Eugenix, the reputation Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal have been building with the results they have shown off, it's harder for probably most on here to think the result in the end shouldn't be correct angles and turn out well. 

Eugenix actually are responsible for a lot of repair cases and i've seen The Alpha and another guy from India on YouTube who went to them. 

I would go on a limb and say that if anything were in my case wrong, i probably against what i said about running would publicly share everything and document it but give Eugenix a chance to sort it providing its all covered cost wise by them. 

I don't think they have a reputation for ruining peoples donor or hairlines. They know they're living and breathing by the reputation they're building right now but i am a bit worried they're expanding quickly and that the care standards could be slipping if your case isn't a rare exception and becomes much more common. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Somebody mentioned that their grafts looked fine on the day of surgery and then misaligned Day 17 so there's a possibility that this has occured with you OP and yeah, i agree with Joe that it seems like people backed off a bit when they got a confirmation it was Eugenix, but i only think that's because we have had so many genuine patient results and testimonials from people that have had Dr Bansal do the slits and there's not been a single bade case of misaligned grafts noted before. 

There's then the possibility the direction thing is the grafts falling out a bit sooner than expected and changing directions as they get ready to do so because your angle of direction did change between the initial picture and the one you last posted again as well as the obvious lighting difference in the areas of native to transplanted hair.

I do get how people saying X, Y, Z might make it seem like they're ignoring what you've raised after the fact but as always, once the procedures done, usually you need to wait till the later stages to see the results progress and make a full determination. I'd say 3-6 months updates will let you know for sure. 

Just to put this out there, personally if i was in your position i'd have also probably felt hugely apprehensive after all the research etc. It's a very emotionally invested procedure to make. 

However, with it being Eugenix, the reputation Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal have been building with the results they have shown off, it's harder for probably most on here to think the result in the end shouldn't be correct angles and turn out well. 

Eugenix actually are responsible for a lot of repair cases and i've seen The Alpha and another guy from India on YouTube who went to them. 

I would go on a limb and say that if anything were in my case wrong, i probably against what i said about running would publicly share everything and document it but give Eugenix a chance to sort it providing its all covered cost wise by them. 

I don't think they have a reputation for ruining peoples donor or hairlines. They know they're living and breathing by the reputation they're building right now but i am a bit worried they're expanding quickly and that the care standards could be slipping if your case isn't a rare exception and becomes much more common. 

Was me who said it.

Here's day 1 vs day 17:

FA21B5BE-58EA-4F80-A7BB-B2405C006A63.thumb.jpeg.caeeec78a1d23be089a59b9dafd62f43.jpeg

C3556BB4-2673-4753-B67E-2567BF828BA0.thumb.jpeg.a1765e24653f9969eb120c5c1c252c48.jpeg

Obviously once they shed and grew back, they came at the same directions as day 1, and not day 17.

Check out my journey here:

5 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Was me who said it.

Here's day 1 vs day 17:

FA21B5BE-58EA-4F80-A7BB-B2405C006A63.thumb.jpeg.caeeec78a1d23be089a59b9dafd62f43.jpeg

C3556BB4-2673-4753-B67E-2567BF828BA0.thumb.jpeg.a1765e24653f9969eb120c5c1c252c48.jpeg

Obviously once they shed and grew back, they came at the same directions as day 1, and not day 17.

Yup, it looks like indeed it was yourself. So i guess there's a strong possibility it can look like badly angled grafts even 2 weeks post surgery do to potential changes underneath the skin.

I think it's important for us to be prepared for these sort of things because honestly, if i was in OPs position, i'd probably be freaked out thinking i've been botched a bit too after trying to do all my research and everything. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I only just came across this now. @Captain Haddock had the same issues with angulation but only of his temples, he was told they would sync and these were his temples 12 month post OP. If this is indeed a botched transplant is it the implantation part that went wrong or the slit making or it could be either?

image.png.a9f3561dc1df56209d2e77b9f0c887d2.png

With that being said I am sure Eugenix will be behind you and will help you every step of the way. Your second picture looks better but I can definitely distinguish between the transplanted and the non transplanted zone, still early to say but I hope that this turns into a home run for you man. Dr Arika has produced really good hairlines and even in @Captain Haddockcase his hairline was really good and he was happy with it. So fingers crossed

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...