Dr. Pittella • 5159 grafts - Odd pattern baldness, Large area: SOLVED

SURGERY VIDEO POSTED 1 YEAR AGO

PATIENTS INSTAGRAM`S PROFILE

NW: 5?

Donor Area: Good (Thick hair)

Total Number of Grafts: 5159 

Number of Sessions: 1 

Surgical Plan: Midscalp and crown priority (see video). High density on bald region and degrade to front area and hairline.

Rx: Topical and Oral Minoxidil, clobetazol and ketoconazol Shampoo, biotin (NO FINASTERIDE or any other 5-ARI)

29998146_28_Prancheta1copia14.thumb.jpg.c12d13b2d64a048b03cc37fac9c23c35.jpg1646061245_28_Prancheta1copia13.thumb.jpg.8990fc9d3aaf942dc73041a17a563bbf.jpg68153368_28_Prancheta1copia6.thumb.jpg.0a9aa82a125f4ab45b46378bbb69e6be.jpg1040161133_28_Prancheta1copia12.thumb.jpg.fc7bd6cdaec39b0575a43a6f4e3be56e.jpg1071326519_28_Prancheta1copia7.thumb.jpg.eac7ae515e32c620bf8d78a66e9fa099.jpg930482907_28_Prancheta1copia8.thumb.jpg.8bdcf390e7ee1bbcde180a9fe966dcfd.jpg513461674_28_Prancheta1copia4.thumb.jpg.5e29089149deca024cd4b4c607e0546c.jpg1604138523_28_Prancheta1.thumb.jpg.4ccae450d9571e774c7760750da63742.jpg830135403_28_Prancheta1copia3.thumb.jpg.432c1d00729fbd625dd94aeffcd61591.jpg1071319106_28_Prancheta1copia10.thumb.jpg.a49e93b0bf068c8ed524bf4f349fcea4.jpg

28_Prancheta 1 cópia 2.jpg

28_Prancheta 1 cópia 5.jpg

28_Prancheta 1 cópia 9.jpg

28_Prancheta 1 cópia 11.jpg

28_Prancheta 1 cópia.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Mind blowing results 👏 bravo

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nice coverage. 

I’ve noticed a few of your patients not on any 5ar inhibiting medications, is there a particular reason for this? 

I also notice you prescribe oral minoxidil quite frequently, so you often times notice much regrowth in patients with this ? 

• Like 1

...and of course we don't expect that you will tell us your exact 'secret' (lol), HOWEVER, do you feel that you tend to get higher yield because of something in particular you are doing that other might not, are you using the grafts more strategically and/or just using a high graft count in general?

Much appreciated :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

I’ve noticed a few of your patients not on any 5ar inhibiting medications, is there a particular reason for this? 

That is correct. I do not prescribe 5-ARI (finasteride, dutasteride) to my patients. The reason for that is because those medications MAY cause (in a small percentage of patients) sexual dysfunctions, such as libido loss or decrease in ejaculatory volume. The patient needs to use baldness medication for the rest of their lives. And if at any moment he feels a decrease in libido, he will abandon all the treatment. I know this is a controversial conduct though this is my medical opinion. I understand that finasteride and dutasteride are excellent in hair growth, and as I do not prescribe them, I need to rely only on my surgery skills in order to achieve a good result. I cannot count on 5-ARI to reach any goal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

That is correct. I do not prescribe 5-ARI (finasteride, dutasteride) to my patients. The reason for that is because those medications MAY cause (in a small percentage of patients) sexual dysfunctions, such as libido loss or decrease in ejaculatory volume. The patient needs to use baldness medication for the rest of their lives. And if at any moment he feels a decrease in libido, he will abandon all the treatment. I know this is a controversial conduct though this is my medical opinion. I understand that finasteride and dutasteride are excellent in hair growth, and as I do not prescribe them, I need to rely only on my surgery skills in order to achieve a good result. I cannot count on 5-ARI to reach any goal. 

Thank you for this detailed response 🙏

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I also notice you prescribe oral minoxidil quite frequently, so you often times notice much regrowth in patients with this ?

Oral minoxidil to all.
I don't expect any regrowth. I just want to avoid the progression of the baldness to higher norwood classes.
Oral minoxidil is the treatment closest to finasteride in terms of result we can get. Even so it is pretty inferior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

really tempted to say here that any libido concerns would be instantly resolved by visiting your clinic...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

That’s certainly an innovative approach you take, in comparison to traditional hair restoration practices anyway. 

Have you considered looking into the topicals that are gaining popularity within the market? 

Would also be keen to hear your oral minoxidil dosage prescriptions - as a lot of anecdotal and clinical results suggest regrowth is quite common at dosages towards 5mg daily. 

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

That’s certainly an innovative approach you take, in comparison to traditional hair restoration practices anyway. 

Have you considered looking into the topicals that are gaining popularity within the market? 

Would also be keen to hear your oral minoxidil dosage prescriptions - as a lot of anecdotal and clinical results suggest regrowth is quite common at dosages towards 5mg daily. 

I think Dr. Pittella said he starts at 2.5mg and progresses to 5mg if tolerated (correct me if wrong).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SLA said:

I think Dr. Pittella said he starts at 2.5mg and progresses to 5mg if tolerated (correct me if wrong).

Thanks Dr. Pittella. Not sure why so many physicians are reluctant to prescribe oral minox but seems the tide is slowly turning...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

😁

Once I thought about showing this at a congress but then i realized.... "wait a minute...."

Wait (lol)...Oh I get it, you decided not to give away your trade 'secrets'- very smart :).

• Like 1