Top 3 Hair Loss Shampoos *DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

• Administrators

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Awesome video Melvin. I will be looking into the lipogaine since Nizoral fries my hair.

I do have a question though. Most of the studies showing benefits used the 2% strength ketoconazole (rx only here in the US), do you think it makes a difference if we only use the 1% variety available otc here?

also, spex/spexx used to post frequently claiming that if Nizoral is used more than once a week that it could be detrimental to transplanted hair and he’s seen many patients affected by it. Any truth to this?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Awesome video Melvin. I will be looking into the lipogaine since Nizoral fries my hair.

I do have a question though. Most of the studies showing benefits used the 2% strength ketoconazole (rx only here in the US), do you think it makes a difference if we only use the 1% variety available otc here?

also, spex/spexx used to post frequently claiming that if Nizoral is used more than once a week that it could be detrimental to transplanted hair and he’s seen many patients affected by it. Any truth to this?

Honestly, I don’t. I think 1% is still effective. People are different. Some get side effects with finasteride and others don’t. I don’t think one person’s experience should dictate everyone’s. I use nizoral almost daily with zero issues.  Again, this is just me, I think 2-3x per week is a good starting point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for this mate. I was literally about to come on to start a thread asking if Nizoral actually did anything, or whether it was just snake oil. My HT Dr has recommended using it once per week and leaving it on for 10 minutes. 

Edited by Marko7t4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Lmao - might have something to do with the fact that he sells his own snake oil shampoo which is about £60 a bottle from memory. 

If it affected transplanted hair, it would affect ALL of your hair, including your donor - it’s not as though transplanted hair is unique to your other follicles, other than having less sensitivity to DHT. 

The guys a con man 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Thanks for this mate. I was literally about to come on to start a thread asking if Nizoral actually did anything, or whether it was just snake oil. My HT Dr has recommended using it once per week and leaving it on for 10 minutes. 

Definitely not snake oil, but don’t expect the moon. It’s a good adjunct treatment. Hair loss has three components. 

#1- scalp inflammation 

#2-short anagen (growth) cycles

#3- Androgen (DHT) affecting follicles

Nizoral helps treat #1 but you still need to treat the other components separately.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...