GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Wow! I really thought after your successful step to camouflage the scars, I really thought you were done with surgery. But the fight never ends I guess. This is a mega session unheard of with your history. Really wish you a great outcome.  

Yes this is an excellent point and had me split 50/50 many times whether to risk going ahead with surgery. At one point I even thought of canceling surgery. It was the communication and confidence built up over two years with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika that made me finally pull the trigger and I'm incredible glad that I have.

• Like 2

What an amazing story! Do you have pictures of before posted somewhere on here? It seems like you had scars and stuff but in this post at least, I didn't see them. 

Eugenix sounds amazing! I may have overlooked them in my search. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

What an amazing story! Do you have pictures of before posted somewhere on here? It seems like you had scars and stuff but in this post at least, I didn't see them. 

Eugenix sounds amazing! I may have overlooked them in my search. 

Good luck!

IMG_0056.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

• Thanks 1

Congratulations @Gatsby! Man you have been through such a journey with hairloss so to finally have this surgery with Eugenix would have been a very emotional and rewarding experience, one which I wouldn't be able to fully comprehend with words. All I can say is that I'm very happy for you mate and I'm super excited for the next 12 months. All the best mate and here's hoping after this year it's not just the name that you will be sharing with this fella but also that mop of hair! 

images (21).jpeg

Edited by mrmane85
  • Haha 1

Unpopular opinion. Your case didn't seem that bad to begin with. You don't appear to have retrograde and have your sides and lateral humps quite intact given your age.

I would consider Melvin's case to be more challenging than yours. But then I'm no expert.

Anyway I have little doubt you will come out looking like Leo after this :) 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, bald-and-bearded said:

Unpopular opinion. Your case didn't seem that bad to begin with. You don't appear to have retrograde and have your sides and lateral humps quite intact given your age.

I would consider Melvin's case to be more challenging than yours. But then I'm no expert.

Anyway I have little doubt you will come out looking like Leo after this :) 

That photo was six years ago the day when I had SMP. Since then my scalp donor looks nothing like that (I wish it did). I'll try and dig up a photo of my scalp donor a week before surgery. Yes I am lucky that my lateral humps have not dropped but my crown area is massive and as Dr Pradeep stated I have a very large head. Having said that, I'm happy with how the surgery went. 👍

• Valued Contributor

I thought I'd take a photo today. Ten days post op and before those grafts start to shed. For the first time in thirty seven years it's such a massive relief being in public and not thinking about hair loss, scars, hair pieces, ink, wearing a cap, etc! I feel like I have a sense of calm and peace about myself that I haven't experienced since I was eighteen. I have to keep reminding myself that I can just get up and walk out the door! From now on I will post on the 22nd of each month for my monthly update. ☺️

thumbnail_IMG_8764.jpg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 16

What a write up! I've never heard of a 6 day marathon like this. And to look for grafts "where no man has gone before"... is pretty cool! I would have done the same thing... I'm here, let's do it!

I'm super jealous of your experience. I kinda want to go now! I can't wait to see the final results of this. Life changing!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I thought I'd take a photo today. Ten days post op and before those grafts start to shed. For the first time in thirty seven years it's such a massive relief being in public and not thinking about hair loss, scars, hair pieces, ink, wearing a cap, etc! I feel like I have a sense of calm and peace about myself that I haven't experienced since I was eighteen. I have to keep reminding myself that I can just get up and walk out the door! From now on I will post on the 22nd of each month for my monthly update. ☺️

thumbnail_IMG_8764.jpg

You’re looking excellent can’t wait to see your growth. I’m even more excited for you than I am of my own journey.

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

simply wow! what a write up and experience.  so much positivity .  you are already looking excellent mate.  

I am so looking forward to my surgery now. probably will be second from Australia after you :) . 

Edited by PsSAU
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 3:49 AM, Gatsby said:

And finally, as someone in there late teens/early twenties who has suffered from all of the anxieties, depression and time wasted on worrying about a very real issue for men (and women) such as MPB, now sees those memories as almost like a bad dream. But today where I now stand, with a dream like this, after what Eugenix has done for me, this moment is directly connected to all of those adolescent imaginings. And for anybody today who is on the down side of advantage with hair loss, scars, previous bad work and who is relying purely on courage, what I have now achieved is possible. 🙏

This, this and this. For those who have felt like they've been held back by early hairloss, and/or made a regrettable decision to fix it, it's a massive relief to have a heavy weight lifted from our shoulders. We are the better people for having gone through the trials of it all. Really delighted for you, Adrian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, kirkland said:

This, this and this. For those who have felt like they've been held back by early hairloss, and/or made a regrettable decision to fix it, it's a massive relief to have a heavy weight lifted from our shoulders. We are the better people for having gone through the trials of it all. Really delighted for you, Adrian.

Thanks Ian and many thanks to you for always being in my corner! 🙏

• Thanks 1