GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

A big difference from where you started mate, I'm sure there is more visual growth to come in the remaining months since body hair and beard hair will sprout at a shorter rate compared strong scalp hair. I could be wrong... wishing you all the best Adrian 

Thanks Ryan. Yes Eugenix messaged me today and said to wait until month 15 for the crown (I'm only half way there now) as it's the slowest to grow. I also spoke with Dr Pradeep and he's extremely confident to get another 2k of scalp and 2k of beard grafts for my second procedure next year. 🙏

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
Just now, Vann said:

Any crazy gains now that youre past 8 months? Also how does the hair feel between scalp/beard? do you feel any difference in texture or anything?

The difference in texture between the beard and scalp hair is minimal and continues to soften and blend. I have no idea where the chest hair is. I have what I think is the final burst of hairs coming through at around 1cm or so throughout the vertex and crown. It's been slow and steady through out this journey. In two weeks I will upload month nine. 👍

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, Gatsby said:

Norwood 7 with a lot of scars in the donor area and a weak compromised scalp donor.

IMG_0056.jpg

Wow! It's just so amazing when you look at that photo of your donor area... and then you see this

8A0E0A31-4448-45FD-9DD6-724CDE4CEB02.jpe

You can see the happiness in your eyes 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Wow! It's just so amazing when you look at that photo of your donor area... and then you see this

And the bags under my eyes 👀 😂 But seriously many thanks! 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

You look amazing bro seriously incredible transformation 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/4/2022 at 11:38 PM, Gatsby said:

The difference in texture between the beard and scalp hair is minimal and continues to soften and blend. I have no idea where the chest hair is. I have what I think is the final burst of hairs coming through at around 1cm or so throughout the vertex and crown. It's been slow and steady through out this journey. In two weeks I will upload month nine. 👍

Actually i was wondering about that: I hear from almost everywhere that the transplanted beard hair adapts the structure of your scalp hair as it grows on the scalp. I had many BHT transpplanted on my vertex 2-3 years ago but those hairs are still those curly and wiry, thick beard hairs. May we have to wait until they have gone through many cycles? But it would be a matter of years then...

Also i confirm what you say that i have also no idea where my chest hairs went into, i mean i can't identify them clearls between my scalp and beard hairs...

Thoughts anybody ?

Edited by Rocketman1
  • Like 1

Hey Gatsby, 

how’s the hair transplanted into the FUT scar? Did it grow, did it help conceal the scar somewhat so you can wear your hair shorter? I know you got smp on the scar does the ink difference show now that you grew your hair out? 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:50 AM, Rocketman1 said:

Actually i was wondering about that: I hear from almost everywhere that the transplanted beard hair adapts the structure of your scalp hair as it grows on the scalp. I had many BHT transpplanted on my vertex 2-3 years ago but those hairs are still those curly and wiry, thick beard hairs. May we have to wait until they have gone through many cycles? But it would be a matter of years then...

Also i confirm what you say that i have also no idea where my chest hairs went into, i mean i can't identify them clearls between my scalp and beard hairs...

Thoughts anybody ?

Was it implanted in between scalp hairs to help make it blend? I think BHT softens up a little bit on the scalp more, but is still wiry and thicker compared to scalp hair. BHT should be blended with scalp hair so you won’t be able to tell the difference. 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, HairTrippin said:

Hey Gatsby, 

how’s the hair transplanted into the FUT scar? Did it grow, did it help conceal the scar somewhat so you can wear your hair shorter? I know you got smp on the scar does the ink difference show now that you grew your hair out? 

Yes I'd be interested to see that as well.

• Valued Contributor

I don’t believe that the donor scar grafts have made any meaningful difference. I say this as my hair is now grown out and there is still SMP covering that area. If I buzzed my hair down I’m sure it would have improved the scars. When I have my second procedure and I have my head shaved I’ll share a photo of this area so we can all find out! 👍

• Valued Contributor

NINE MONTH UPDATE

Well I’m almost at the nine month mark. I’ve taken photos outdoors in the same settings under natural lighting. So far hair in the mid section has improved in density and further hair in the mid section and crown have continued to improved. As I have stated on several occasions that the goal of hiding my scars has been my number one priority. So if everything was to cease at this stage I would be over the moon. With fibres I can now well and truly pull off a full head of hair. Thanks for the support from day one guys! 🙏

07C8F332-C7CD-415D-8F5A-4C27D4679772.jpeg

51FFE595-7355-498B-BA39-0A892283131B.jpeg

12E3DFC6-1A31-483F-B8B9-DF800AAB47DC.jpeg

966D7560-1CA8-4DB4-B227-B84D8DD8CAAC.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 11

• Valued Contributor
20 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Thanks for the update mate..  it's brilliant to see that you still have a reasonable amount of hair at the back and sides to give your crown the touch up it deserves ☺️

Thanks Ryan. I briefly spoke with Dr Sethi today and he intends to use scalp hair in the crown. He’ll also tweak a few weak spots but I’m leaving it in his hands. 🙏

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Congrats, Gatsby!

In this day and age of successful hair restoration.... what a great time to be alive! 😀

Absolutely @follically challenged. The mess left from the 80’s and 90’s can finally be put to bed with hair to boot! 🙏

Wow Adrian. The hair seems to be maturing nicely and looks more manageable. I see the crown is improving too. I agree with @Zoomsterone more pass next year would be icing on the cake. Congratulations on hiding your scars as well. I am so happy for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1