GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

One suggestion @Gatsbyis to leave the top growing without cutting and only trim the sides, so the top would look like the 1st set of month 5 photos you took on 6/25.

Like me, you have curly hair that I can see is providing and will continue to provide nice coverage!

Lots more sprouting ahead...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I havent had a chance ot read the whole thread so not sure everything you have had done this go around,. but the donor area looks better than before for sure. MAybe its the lighthing difference..

Edited by shiba1985

• Administrators

Your hair is looking amazing Adrian. I think the hairline is looking solid, and the temple points look amazing. You've got a fantastic framing to your face. I can't wait to see how this turns out after 12 months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Already a massive difference now Adrian - the nice trim on the back & sides really helps bring your progress into focus compared to your pre-cut update a few days ago!

You’re already achieving a really good framing to the face & a more youthful look, plus the scars front & back are a thing of the past. Awesome stuff!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, Berba11 said:

plus the scars front & back are a thing of the past. Awesome stuff!

Many thanks @Berba11. Yes I really want people to understand that the scars were as much of a cause of misery in my life as the hair loss was. For me even these results thus far, that some may view as average, are a complete home run due to the fact that I no longer have to live with the effects of people seeing my scars. I've lived with these scars for 37 years of my life! I can now stand in a queue or talk to someone very close without any feelings of self consciousness whatsoever now! 🥳 🙏As to the hair transplant I am 'realistic' due to where I am at with life and I know that I still have seven months ahead of me. Having said that though, after speaking with Dr Pradeep, I still have the option of a second surgery in the future of using another combined graft count of 4,000 plus grafts which is an incredible concept for me.😇 I'm more than happy to be the tortoise and not the hare with my hair restoration. 🙏

• Like 6

On 6/28/2022 at 3:57 AM, Gatsby said:

Considering I started with only this five months ago just blows my mind! 🤩

AB715D5C-2C8F-4E73-8530-1E54DD910B33.jpeg

Wow. I feel like once you post your results its going to look photo shopped by how unreal your results may be. Unfortunately a lot of the work you had will take time to yield so it wont grow out immediately. But coming from where you started the wait is nothing. I am honestly super excited to see the updates. I cant wait for month 12 and 18.

Also have you ever considered doing any PRP sessions? 

Edited by Vann
edit: im stupid and cant spell
  • Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Vann said:

Wow. I feel like once you post your results its going to look photo shopped by how unreal your results may be. Unfortunately a lot of the work you had will take time to yield so it wont grow out immediately. But coming from where you started the wait is nothing. I am honestly super excited to see the updates. I cant wait for month 12 and 18.

Also have you ever considered doing any PRP sessions? 

Thanks for the kind words @Vann. Yes I am in this for the long haul and I am more than happy to wait as long as is necessary before considering a second surgery. I did have PRP with this first surgery but as a long term stand alone treatment I personally won't choose to pursue it (mainly due to the costs). All the best!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Thanks for the kind words @Vann. Yes I am in this for the long haul and I am more than happy to wait as long as is necessary before considering a second surgery. I did have PRP with this first surgery but as a long term stand alone treatment I personally won't choose to pursue it (mainly due to the costs). All the best!

Hey man dont thank me. I am just speaking my personal opinion. I should be thanking you for sharing your story and posting it without too much bias. Of course you will be biased because it is you but you are sharing experiences that many would not be open to explain. I really hope your story gets out I think it is an amazing journey from 18 years of age going through what most people have gone through but carefully elaborating what painful and very mentally exhausting steps to finally being able to accept what you have and move forward. I am personally inspired and a fan of your story. So once again allow me to thank you for sharing your post :) 

edit: also I am not sure if groupon exists in your area for PRP. But its also expensive for me in the states its like $3k for 4 sessions. I found some groupon (coupons basically) that range between 1-3 sessions for $75-$999 from actual derms.

Edited by Vann
  • Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...

Has the hair implanted into your fut scars made a difference on it? I’ve been thinking about doing smp and beard hairs on my fut scar, in your experience what do you think helped most or was it a combination of both? How low can you go on a haircut without the scars showing

• Valued Contributor
19 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

Has the hair implanted into your fut scars made a difference on it? I’ve been thinking about doing smp and beard hairs on my fut scar, in your experience what do you think helped most or was it a combination of both? How low can you go on a haircut without the scars showing

To be honest I think SMP is the best bet. Having grafts farmed into the scars in the donor area was icing on the cake. I have yet to cut my hair short enough to see if the scars are visible. I only had 232 grafts placed in the donor scars. I believe around 400 would have been ideal but it’s no longer a concern for me now that I have hair. All the best. 

In many way this is the best pound for pound incoming result on this forum when you take into account previous disasters with yield and donor wastage ,Adrian’s own personal wishes regarding the outcome ( hiding that dreaded hairline scar etc ) and the magical work by all the team etc ..

It’s a night and day difference already ..with more to come ….all topped off with some subtle fibre application and you’re all set !! 

PLUS you’ve still 4 k grafts in the bank ?? 
where’s that Fat Cuban Cigar mate ?🚬🚬

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

SIX MONTH UP DATE

I’m a week short of six months since my surgery. These photos are taken in out door lighting to give you the best view of how my hair appears. Indoors (and obviously with hair fibers) it looks a lot different. Personally I am elated that all of my scars are hidden and people who I have not seen for over six months believe that I have simply stopped shaving my head. Throughout the crown and midsection of my scalp, 4-5mm hairs are popping up everywhere, which will be what I believe to be the next phase to push the results even further over the next six months. Most of all a big shout of of thanks to Dr Pradeep Sethi and everyone on this forum for your kind support! 🙏

8D4F7355-7373-4588-8C4F-A5469AE4A8FE.jpeg

4B945195-3D61-4B60-BDAE-0D3921084EFE.jpeg

6764AFD2-B993-4696-8D4D-B1E1C23665EF.jpeg

CA219D4F-E7F8-45D6-87EE-CE27B6A1A34A.png

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

It looks great from the front and both sides. The crown is still very thin, but that's to be expected as you had a lot of area to cover. I'm sure it will all improve more over the next few months. The crown could be slower due to probably most of the beard hair being placed there and in mid scalp, so you may see a lot more hair coming in there still.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.