HT with Dr Mwamba -Feb 2022

Purplecobras

Hi all,

First time posting here, but have been following many of you with your HT journeys and thought I would contribute my part.

I’ll start by saying I already had a relatively small hair transplant previously with dr feriduni about 7 years ago (650ish grafts) which was a complete success. He was meticulous to detail and I found him to stick to my goals completely.  However I was conservative with my hairline design as I wanted to monitor the progression without meds.

Present day: overall hair holding up well but still see minor hair loss in shower nothing too agressive, so I hopped on a .25mg daily of fin and 1mg oral min recently. So far so good.

I am due to get a HT with Dr Mwamba in early February, i know his reputation is very good for hairline design work and have seen a couple very good example on this platform. I have been quoted 800+/- grafts to achieve the desired outcome.

I will keep this space updated to document the progress.

best

PC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Very excited for you, hope to see your review soon 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Mike10 here is 7 years post feriduni (present day)

and also the desired goal, obviously im aiming for finer hairs placed than the ones I have drawn…..there is only so much you can do on an iPhone

7C02CF94-4E84-48E7-9664-73F617092D09.jpeg

14004F0E-3217-47F4-99DA-7D8ADB7170D9.jpeg

Edited by Purplecobras
Wrong photo

I think you have picked a good surgeon for this procedure. Your progress will be interesting. as it is a minor procedure,  are you doing the unshaven or the partial shave? 

Edited by Mike10

I’m going for the partial shave, only shaved on the back. I think I’ve picked a good dr I’ve seen some HTs from him with a small number of grafts and was impressed with some of the examples.

will report back in due time.

also if anyone wants wondering here is my donor present day (after 1st HT)

71EF6A8E-60C8-491E-9E2C-DA83197702E7.jpeg

Cheers man. Yeah I was particularly Please with the outcome with dr feriduni, I know it’s unnoticeable in this picture, but when I got a skin fade once the barber did ask if I had a HT. So I guess at a certain point it would show.

Regarding the need for another one, I’m only looking for a touch up to improve on the hairline/temple points. 

Good luck with your HT with dr mwamba, will you be documenting yours buddy? 

3 hours ago, Etownone said:

I think I will show before and after pics this time.   

Dr Mwamba gives a discount if you let him use your before and after pics on his website.    I took the discount.   

Could you tell me the fue price of Dr mwamba before and after discount

Edited by Fego

33 minutes ago, Purplecobras said:

I think I’m obliged to share my before and after also. However I will request that they keep the face out of photos for obvious privacy reasons. 

@Etownone, are you going brussles for this? Or what date is yours?

He hides the face in just about all his pics.  But I made it extra clear to him to hide my face.   I like to remain anonymous.   

I'll be doing mine in NJ.   Jan 31, Feb 1.   

I was looking to go to Dr M 1st week of Feb in NJ

Had a great consult with Dr M. I felt at ease and really trust him.

Coming from another country and with all the Covid restrictions and flight cancellation I got to nervous to firm up.

Dr M was trying to ease my concerns about travel and was going above and beyond to try and accommodate me. He is a good person

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 6:41 AM, Etownone said:

2 days. 

Day 1 is 1000 scalp 

Day 2 is 500 beard.   (but I think I'm going to up to 1000)

How much of a discount does he gives if you allow pictures to be posted? It’s 7$ a graft for unshaven fue but how much if I allow pictures to be shown?

12 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

How much of a discount does he gives if you allow pictures to be posted? It’s 7$ a graft for unshaven fue but how much if I allow pictures to be shown?

I was able to get 20% off.   

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

did you - unprompted, ask for a discount, or did the clinic randomly come to you?

I asked if there was any type of discount... 

20% if you let him use your photos for advertisement.     He covers your face for discretion. 

On 1/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, Etownone said:

He hides the face in just about all his pics.  But I made it extra clear to him to hide my face.   I like to remain anonymous.   

I'll be doing mine in NJ.   Jan 31, Feb 1.   

good luck.
How much does he charges per graft ? 

• 1 month later...

Hi all

HT went ahead in February. I am just over 2 months and going through ugly duckling phase. Hoping the hairs grow back soon!

Procedure wise, the day went well. Very long day however, about 900 grafts I was told.

pictures are below. The order may be messed up depending on how uploaded but the red ones are day of HT, and2 days after. The one with the sweet hair line was about 10 days I think. And the last one is about 2 weeks ago, where most the hair have fallen out. Only seen a couple hairs grow back so far 

EB1E9177-4C86-468B-9C0E-B9AA22FB9773.jpeg

F4358EA6-0C6A-466E-8D86-4E61DEE74D0C.jpeg

4019B0ED-67C9-44D2-91F0-208AF91CF5A5.jpeg

11896B72-71BE-441A-B3D9-BC4AB5D22033.jpeg

• Like 1

Man...  You got great hair.   Like I bet 99% of the people here wish they had your hair.  

I went to Dr Mwamba too and he lowered my Hairline similar to yours.  But mine was only 600 grafts.   I had otehr stuff done.  Repair work in donor and some crown work. 

I'm 11 WEEKS post op,  and I see baby hairs growing in the front.   I'm trying not to focus too much on it now cause I know this is still the ugly duckling phase.   We just gotta be patient. 

Heres a pic of the same spot on my Hairline preop and post op.  

20220416_085753.jpg

Edited by Etownone
  • Like 1