So pretty much everyone told me there's no hope for me.. What do you think?

48 minutes ago, mmokin said:

could you tell me how many you got from each?

like 2000 beard 4000 scalp etc

I don't have the number split on hand, if I dug through my receipts I could differentiate how many body hairs and head hairs were taken, in total, because those have different costs, but if I had to guess, I've probably had 2,000 from chest and arms/back, 4,000 beard and 8,000 scalp.\

These days, there aren't many threads of large hair transplants.  In my case, it was a series of surgeries over the years where I've updated the same thread.  So it's hard to follow up and track peoples' progress, but if you dig around you might find some of them.

My results since 2014:

Edited by AB2000
  • Like 2

Saying that there is “no hope” seems a little drastic and harsh. However, I would agree based on the photos that your donor area is likely too thin for hair transplant surgery.  And let’s say we decided to do a small FUE procedure on you in order to minimize the appearance of scarring in the donor area, there wouldn’t be enough impact in the recipient area to be cosmetically pleasing and/or to make any real aesthetic difference.  That said, there are potentially other methods that might be appropriate for you depending on your goals. For example, scalp micropigmentation could give you a thicker appearance all over the scalp including the donor area but would likely limit you to keeping your hair cropped short. It would just make it look like you had a natural buzz cut by choice without any signs of thinning.  You could also consider nonsurgical hair replacement but hair replacement methods involve ongoing maintenance and can be both costly and time-consuming. 

So even though hair transplant surgery may not be the best option for you, there are other options to consider.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Saying that there is “no hope” seems a little drastic and harsh. However, I would agree based on the photos that your donor area is likely too thin for hair transplant surgery.  And let’s say we decided to do a small FUE procedure on you in order to minimize the appearance of scarring in the donor area, there wouldn’t be enough impact in the recipient area to be cosmetically pleasing and/or to make any real aesthetic difference.  That said, there are potentially other methods that might be appropriate for you depending on your goals. For example, scalp micropigmentation could give you a thicker appearance all over the scalp including the donor area but would likely limit you to keeping your hair cropped short. It would just make it look like you had a natural buzz cut by choice without any signs of thinning.  You could also consider nonsurgical hair replacement but hair replacement methods involve ongoing maintenance and can be both costly and time-consuming. 

So even though hair transplant surgery may not be the best option for you, there are other options to consider.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you for that insight. One question about SMP in general and perhaps for this fellow in particular. If he were to get scalp SMP and then grew his hair out, would the two blend together or would it look odd? How good does the tattooing blend with native hair?