27M Looking into a Hair Transplant

I am currently in talks with both clinics. Vera clinic said 2.8k grafts for 2900 euros. Now Hair Time is charging 3k euros for 3000 grafts. I checked out both of their instagrams and it seems Now Hair Time has a stronger presence and more clients. If you guys can share your knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

A little about my situation I’m considered NW2 27 M // EDIT Looks like I'm more a NW3

Also Clinic center answered back, 1600 Euros for 4000 grafts they said

I am open to suggestions and recommendations. My budget is $3.5k. Thank you everyone for your time. 

hair4cansee.png

hair1.png

Edited by justbelieves
update NW scale

You're more of a NW3, but at least you have a solid crown.  Whatever you do, don't base your decision on cost or social media presence.  Do some research on this site and consult with multiple docs in person before making a decision.  

• Like 5

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Please don’t go to any of the low cost/hair mills. If you want a reliable Dr/Clinic then consider Dr Bicer or Dr Yaman, both of which are forum recommended.

It’s looking at forum that you will find the true/reliable results from clinics, not from the cherry picked cases on their own Insta. 

• Like 3

@aaron1234 Thank you for updating me, I was just saying what one of the clinics had told me. I will update my post with the appropriate information. I reached out to several of the recommended Dr.'s on the list. I am awaiting their replys. I saw a lot of good reviews for Dr. Resul Yaman. What do you think?

@jc71 I am currently not on Fin/Minox yet. I am planning on doing the Lemonaid // RX way in order to get a prescription. I read a lot of bad things about Fin and honestly it scared me. People are saying they got perm ed. Of course this was reddit I read this from. I'm sure you guys will be able to inform me and add to my research. I am planning on getting one in late July. 

@aaron1234

@aaron1234 Thank you for updating me, I was just saying what one of the clinics had told me. I will update my post with the appropriate information. I reached out to several of the recommended Dr.'s on the list. I am awaiting their replys. I saw a lot of good reviews for Dr. Resul Yaman. What do you think?

@JC71

@jc71 I am currently not on Fin/Minox yet. I am planning on doing the Lemonaid // RX way in order to get a prescription. I read a lot of bad things about Fin and honestly it scared me. People are saying they got perm ed. Of course this was reddit I read this from. I'm sure you guys will be able to inform me and add to my research. I am planning on getting one in late July. 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, justbelieves said:

My budget is $3.5k.

Don't bother! Choosing a surgeon on a low budget and off Instagram is doomed with peril (no offense implied). I would also recommend Dr Bicer as others have. But not because she is in Turkey but because of her consistent results. It's only my opinion but I would consider finasteride before surgery as surgery is always a last resort. Give it at least 6-12 months before casting judgement as to seeing if it is stabilizing your hair loss. Surgery is a life plan as MPB over the lifespan will require more than one procedure. Keep doing your research on recommended doctors from here by patient results. All the best!

• Like 3

OP - from what you’ve said here you are in danger of potentially doing a lot of damage to your life! Please pause, spend much much more time researching and learning about the HT procedure and do not trust what the sales team of a hair mill is telling you. Making a bad decision with a budget consideration could cause you so much heartache it shouldn’t be underestimated. There’s a lot of good information on this forum but don’t rush and take your time to learn 👍🏼

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:23 AM, justbelieves said:

@New_Barnet_PleaseI was able to increase my budget to $5000 USD, flight is taken care of with my miles. What clinic would you recommend?

Unfortunately for some of the elite surgeons the increased budget may still not be enough, best to take some consultations and find out though. I don't usually recommend anyone as I think it's a very personal decision which only comes from a great deal of research and consultation with the experts. However since I saw a superb list on another post made by @JC71 the other day: 

"Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni - Belgium.
Dr Pinto - Portugal
Dr Freitas, Dr Villa, Dr Couto, Dr Lorenzo - Spain, just to name some"

These are some doctors that I researched myself and all seem to be at the top of their game - a great place to start. If your budget isn't enough I would highly recommend saving and waiting until it is. If you make a bad decision as you were heading towards in your first post you'll spend all your money so your budget will be zero again but you'll potentially have a poor looking result that makes you extremely unhappy, will have wasted a year of your life or more dealing with it, a damaged donor area which means less likely-hood of success in a future operation and will have to pay more for a repair job (doctors can be less keen on doing them as they are complex).... this is what I mean, understand very clearly what you are getting into and please take your research seriously. 

I don't know much about getting a good result with a lower budget to be honest, there are a few recommended that come up in the forum - it definitely seems more risky to me. Just put the time in to understand as much as possible and do not rush. Good luck with it!

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Your budget is too low, save up at least $7-10k to go to a decent surgeon. Shaving is always an option and free.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:02 AM, justbelieves said:

I am currently in talks with both clinics. Vera clinic said 2.8k grafts for 2900 euros. Now Hair Time is charging 3k euros for 3000 grafts. I checked out both of their instagrams and it seems Now Hair Time has a stronger presence and more clients. If you guys can share your knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

A little about my situation I’m considered NW2 27 M // EDIT Looks like I'm more a NW3

Also Clinic center answered back, 1600 Euros for 4000 grafts they said

I am open to suggestions and recommendations. My budget is $3.5k. Thank you everyone for your time. 

hair4cansee.png

hair1.png

Oh my god.  

You look exactly like me in 2017.  I went to Istanbul to have 2000 grafts into the hairline because i thought it would give me a full look. But it ended up being the mistake of my life, only because I was on a tight budget aswell!

Do not get a quick fix. With your budget you may end up going to a clinic that may give you a number of issues... such as thick grafts on the hairline, doubles instead of single... and the worst one is wrong angled hair grafts. 

Please do your research, you have a healthy donor area. DONT TRUST these hair mills with it. 

My advice would be to save your money... and have some PATIENCE.  When the money is ready, choose the Doctor recommended by people in this great forum. You have a chance to do the right thing that will affect the rest of your life (and hair) 

PS.   I just checked for you the lowest package with Eugenix. 75 rupees per graft is aprox 1$ per graft. Including flight + other expenses will have to be taken into account.   You need about 3000 grafts for that frontal zone. Do the math.  

Good luck sir 

• Like 1

I would agree with what everyone has already stated but it is free to at least shop around and get estimates.

Remember that most of the top surgeons are booked up for a year anyway so this will give you more time to save up.

When I first started looking, I didn't necessarily have a budget but I didn't want to spend more than about 5k. After getting quotes and doing research on here, I realized that this isn't something that you want to cut costs on. Just look around on this forum and others, you will see people with bad results. Sure, all Dr's have a few but how will your future Dr respond in the event something goes wrong. 

I can tell you that Dr. Biçer was a top option for me when I was only looking at the money. I've also seen good results from Dr. Pinto in Portugal. Several other great Dr's but I mentioned these 2 due to the lower cost. 

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

But it ended up being the mistake of my life, only because I was on a tight budget aswell!

Do not get a quick fix. With your budget you may end up going to a clinic that may give you a number of issues... such as thick grafts on the hairline, doubles instead of single... and the worst one is wrong angled hair grafts. 

oof this is me exactly, except a different clinic and no doubles on the hairline. 

But wrongly angled hair grafts and thick grafts on the hairline have haunted me on a daily basis. 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your budget is too low, save up at least $7-10k to go to a decent surgeon. Shaving is always an option and free.

I just had a look, with Eugenix if his flights are handled, 3000 grafts on their exclusive package (senior Eugenix doctors) would clock in around $5700 including taxes. 

Personally i don't believe you should cheap out, but given the recommendations for Eugenix on here, and potential budget issues. They might be a reputable enough clinic to recommend. 

Go with someone that can do proper lateral slit for your hairline.  High dense packing may be too risky.  There are some good surgeons here and there.  Have you reached out to folks like Dr Keser or Dr Freitas?   Being cheap or expensive isn’t the issue, the issue is a proper surgical protocol and care.  You can find issues with expensive surgeons too.  Just be careful and hope no one ends like me.