How To Remove Hair Transplant Scabs *TUTORIAL

• Administrators

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Extremely clean, and most of all its the shape that got my attention. Face is framed very nicely.  Everything seems fitting and natural!   Donor area doesn't look like its been through hell either with Eugenix.  Thanks for the tip regarding using conditioner, I believe after day 8 or 9 i just used regular shampoo in a cup and let it sit on the scabs to soften up and fall by themselves.

Great camera angles btw!  It's not the easiest thing in the world filming yourself in the shower 😁

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Hristo13 said:

Thanks Melvin - at what day following the transplant do you recommend doing this?

Day 9, per studied this is when the grafts won’t dislodge even with scabs. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Extremely clean, and most of all its the shape that got my attention. Face is framed very nicely.  Everything seems fitting and natural!   Donor area doesn't look like its been through hell either with Eugenix.  Thanks for the tip regarding using conditioner, I believe after day 8 or 9 i just used regular shampoo in a cup and let it sit on the scabs to soften up and fall by themselves.

Great camera angles btw!  It's not the easiest thing in the world filming yourself in the shower 😁

My donor area looks even better, no lie. I have no idea how, but Sethi extracted in a way that made everything blend, no patchiness.

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 5:47 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Day 9, per studied this is when the grafts won’t dislodge even with scabs. 

My doctor said not to touch the recipient area for 28 days and after a month, it will be ok to wash off the scabs then. You agree?

• 3 months later...

Nice video Melvin!  Good information for those a couple weeks post-surgery.  Well done.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, Smacias15 said:

My doctor said not to touch the recipient area for 28 days and after a month, it will be ok to wash off the scabs then. You agree?

that sounds kinda long.  Most docs seem to say 14 days max.

• 1 month later...

Shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: Is it the best treatment?

Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that can interfere with a person’s quality of life. There are a variety of treatments available, but shockwave therapy may be the best option for some people.

Shockwave therapy is a type of treatment that uses high-energy waves to treat pain and other conditions. It has been shown to be effective for treating other conditions, such as musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, and back pain. Read more here https://kamagrashop-24.com/shockwave-therapy-for-erectile-dysfunction/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kamagrashop said:

Shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: Is it the best treatment?

Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that can interfere with a person’s quality of life. There are a variety of treatments available, but shockwave therapy may be the best option for some people.

Shockwave therapy is a type of treatment that uses high-energy waves to treat pain and other conditions. It has been shown to be effective for treating other conditions, such as musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, and back pain. Read more here https://kamagrashop-24.com/shockwave-therapy-for-erectile-dysfunction/

Wow thank you so much !!!! 

This is the best treatment is the world 😍😍😍😘

• Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am going to Nader. Someone else that went to him the instructions show that they should start rubbing recipient areas on day three with shampoo. 

any thoughts? I thought this should start on day 7 but the instruction sheet shows gently start rubbing on day three. 

Edited by GaryJ

On 9/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, GaryJ said:

I am going to Nader. Someone else that went to him the instructions show that they should start rubbing recipient areas on day three with shampoo. 

any thoughts? I thought this should start on day 7 but the instruction sheet shows gently start rubbing on day three. 

Ya I had the same question. Nader's post op care says to very gently wash and massage the recipient area starting day 3 (48 hours post HT). He explained the idea is to begin removing the scabs or at least starting to "sand them down". 

I followed the instructions and washed and massaged on day 3, but haven't since then as it seems a bit on the aggressive side. I don't think I lost or damaged anything but just being safe

On 11/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Ya I had the same question. Nader's post op care says to very gently wash and massage the recipient area starting day 3 (48 hours post HT). He explained the idea is to begin removing the scabs or at least starting to "sand them down". 

I followed the instructions and washed and massaged on day 3, but haven't since then as it seems a bit on the aggressive side. I don't think I lost or damaged anything but just being safe

I just sent Nader a text asking for the reasoning behind this and that others state to wait a week. 

• Administrators

You guys should always follow your surgeons advice. This video was in no way a replacement for medical advice, just a demonstration on how to remove the scabs.

View my thread

• 1 year later...

Don't overthink it. As long as you aren't unreasonably aggressive and keep the area clean it really doesn't make much of a difference. 

I was washing the recipient starting on day 1 after surgery. (First time at the clinic, by myself after that).

You don't need to rub, but from the little that exists for studies it seems that the hair is already quite secure by day 4. Mind you, this was with older surgical methods (bigger punches and incisions than today) that caused more trauma and likely took longer to heal. But with that they found that by day 4 pulling on hair didn't cause the graft to get lost, but pulling on the scab did until day 6. 

It's likely that with the methods someone like Dr. Nader uses (small punch for extraction, cutting the channel not log before implantation, and implanting with a dull implanter pen) will have you healing enough sooner than that. 

So light rubbing by day 3 and more aggressive rubbing after about a week seems safe. You don't want scabs to be present any longer than needed for optimal results anyway. 

2 hours ago, Anon94 said:

Don't overthink it. As long as you aren't unreasonably aggressive and keep the area clean it really doesn't make much of a difference. 

I was washing the recipient starting on day 1 after surgery. (First time at the clinic, by myself after that).

You don't need to rub, but from the little that exists for studies it seems that the hair is already quite secure by day 4. Mind you, this was with older surgical methods (bigger punches and incisions than today) that caused more trauma and likely took longer to heal. But with that they found that by day 4 pulling on hair didn't cause the graft to get lost, but pulling on the scab did until day 6. 

It's likely that with the methods someone like Dr. Nader uses (small punch for extraction, cutting the channel not log before implantation, and implanting with a dull implanter pen) will have you healing enough sooner than that. 

So light rubbing by day 3 and more aggressive rubbing after about a week seems safe. You don't want scabs to be present any longer than needed for optimal results anyway. 

Rubbing grafts on day 3? Not sure any doc would recommend that….

1 hour ago, Otis james said:

Rubbing grafts on day 3? Not sure any doc would recommend that….

I was responding to a post that said Dr. Nader was recommending that in his post op instructions. 

And as I said it's not entirely unreasonable. I know some other surgeons like Bloxham say similar things