Jump to content

3000 Graft FUE 1 Month Shed (Normal?)


Recommended Posts

Hey guys! I had my FUE procedure 1 month ago to restore my hairline. 

 

I'm 27 and have been on fin for 3 years now. I was very self-conscious of the receding in the corners and temples of my hairline. My recession was mild but something that was really bothering me so I ended up getting an FUE procedure done with one of the top ranked docs on this board. They did 3000 grafts till to in the corners and thicken the hairline. I wanted to bring in the temple peaks, but we were already doing 3k grafts so the surgeon wanted to focus on the hairline and didn't think the temple peaks were that bad.

 

The first 6 pictures are pre-op.

1616971770_editfront.thumb.jpg.26aac51dfb573816c4cf01d1528ccb4b.jpg1138921492_edittop2.thumb.jpg.448a12b468248357352cbea169ca989e.jpg655867816_edittop.thumb.jpg.7e822831939d3f2b4c8e8eac2d95c95a.jpghairline.thumb.jpg.6225328e23f902787fe21424119368ea.jpg938440824_presurgerystyled2edited.thumb.jpg.64c3bec757f338b93638c8038cf31bdc.jpg1684546666_presurgerystylededited.thumb.jpg.9865c5bbec6e7fbe41b8ada06423e02f.jpg

The next 5 are 1 day post-op.

InkedDSCF1157_LI.thumb.jpg.3a764e833d63468b00134e9b0fdb974c.jpgInkedDSCF1158_LI.thumb.jpg.599e7ebffb9bd71d28c6d9858b131fca.jpgInkedDSCF1159_LI.thumb.jpg.d824188466cc3606ecc3bce5532d3600.jpgInkedDSCF1161_LI.thumb.jpg.70fd24e3bc901e2630c47b7422f8b66c.jpgInkedDSCF1167_LI.thumb.jpg.e15e9b16eabff7c9419bc9e3c126f290.jpg

Then a few days post-HT.

1123593675_coupledaysedited.thumb.jpg.8d922aa18a6515b1dfeab83ee84442fe.jpg

Then 3 weeks post-HT. Everything was going well till this point and I was feeling pretty confident despite still looking odd from the procedure.

1691148532_3weeksedited.thumb.jpg.70eddfaa45174b01fdda094369be61f9.jpg

The last 4 pictures are 1 month post-op and I'm a bit concerned. Obviously shedding a ton in the recipient area which I expected, but also seem to be shedding a ton throughout the mid and back scalp. Is this normal shock loss? Or perhaps I never noticed how thin it actually was since my hair used to be longer?

694439298_Inkedfront2_LI.thumb.jpg.c2427cdd48215dc51f93cdefae455109.jpg1910981263_Inkedleftside_LI.thumb.jpg.3547ef7ec9330348c379ed3da1fbacfa.jpg2063988032_Inkedrightside_LI.thumb.jpg.619fdbfc249815f7c2e8fff84c400825.jpgInkedtop_LI.thumb.jpg.890faea015d84dddbf0489cfc622b759.jpg

Inkedback_LI.thumb.jpg.9f7e9729f4d3845b882ca2d2f78ee053.jpg

Trying to trust the process as I know everyone goes through the ugly-duckling phase and I'm confident in the surgeon I chose, but hard to look at how I looked pre-op vs now!

 

Thanks all and will update as things continue to progress.

Edited by HT8235
added rear 1 month photo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi mate,

I’m 5.5 weeks post-op myself so I know how you feel!

However, apart from the few weeks leading up to surgery where I grew my hair out a bit, I normally rock a tight buzz. So I’m used to seeing my mid scalp. Mine too has some diffuse thinning but nothing noticeable at longer lengths. I suspect what you said about just not realising is probably at play here. Everything looks normal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the clinic comment on this? It appears to show a more advanced pattern of loss since you shaved it down. I noticed the same thing with myself when i did that. I’m curious if they would of covered more of your frontal third if they knew you had more thinning going on. 

Edited by James C
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HT8235 said:

Trying to trust the process as I know everyone goes through the ugly-duckling phase and I'm confident in the surgeon I chose, but hard to look at how I looked pre-op

It always gets worse before it gets better.  Everything looks normal at this stage.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HT8235 said:

Hey guys! I had my FUE procedure 1 month ago to restore my hairline. 

 

I'm 27 and have been on fin for 3 years now. I was very self-conscious of the receding in the corners and temples of my hairline. My recession was mild but something that was really bothering me so I ended up getting an FUE procedure done with one of the top ranked docs on this board. They did 3000 grafts till to in the corners and thicken the hairline. I wanted to bring in the temple peaks, but we were already doing 3k grafts so the surgeon wanted to focus on the hairline and didn't think the temple peaks were that bad.

 

The first 6 pictures are pre-op.

1616971770_editfront.thumb.jpg.26aac51dfb573816c4cf01d1528ccb4b.jpg1138921492_edittop2.thumb.jpg.448a12b468248357352cbea169ca989e.jpg655867816_edittop.thumb.jpg.7e822831939d3f2b4c8e8eac2d95c95a.jpghairline.thumb.jpg.6225328e23f902787fe21424119368ea.jpg938440824_presurgerystyled2edited.thumb.jpg.64c3bec757f338b93638c8038cf31bdc.jpg1684546666_presurgerystylededited.thumb.jpg.9865c5bbec6e7fbe41b8ada06423e02f.jpg

The next 5 are 1 day post-op.

InkedDSCF1157_LI.thumb.jpg.3a764e833d63468b00134e9b0fdb974c.jpgInkedDSCF1158_LI.thumb.jpg.599e7ebffb9bd71d28c6d9858b131fca.jpgInkedDSCF1159_LI.thumb.jpg.d824188466cc3606ecc3bce5532d3600.jpgInkedDSCF1161_LI.thumb.jpg.70fd24e3bc901e2630c47b7422f8b66c.jpgInkedDSCF1167_LI.thumb.jpg.e15e9b16eabff7c9419bc9e3c126f290.jpg

Then a few days post-HT.

1123593675_coupledaysedited.thumb.jpg.8d922aa18a6515b1dfeab83ee84442fe.jpg

Then 3 weeks post-HT. Everything was going well till this point and I was feeling pretty confident despite still looking odd from the procedure.

1691148532_3weeksedited.thumb.jpg.70eddfaa45174b01fdda094369be61f9.jpg

The last 4 pictures are 1 month post-op and I'm a bit concerned. Obviously shedding a ton in the recipient area which I expected, but also seem to be shedding a ton throughout the mid and back scalp. Is this normal shock loss? Or perhaps I never noticed how thin it actually was since my hair used to be longer?

694439298_Inkedfront2_LI.thumb.jpg.c2427cdd48215dc51f93cdefae455109.jpg1910981263_Inkedleftside_LI.thumb.jpg.3547ef7ec9330348c379ed3da1fbacfa.jpg2063988032_Inkedrightside_LI.thumb.jpg.619fdbfc249815f7c2e8fff84c400825.jpgInkedtop_LI.thumb.jpg.890faea015d84dddbf0489cfc622b759.jpg

Inkedback_LI.thumb.jpg.9f7e9729f4d3845b882ca2d2f78ee053.jpg

Trying to trust the process as I know everyone goes through the ugly-duckling phase and I'm confident in the surgeon I chose, but hard to look at how I looked pre-op vs now!

 

Thanks all and will update as things continue to progress.

your hair looks lighter on the top when they shaved your head i think you were diffusely balding but couldnt tell with longer hair.

they say you need to lose 50% of your density before you can visually tell you are experiencing hairloss

 

Edited by mmokin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mmokin said:

your hair looks lighter on the top when they shaved your head i think you were diffusely balding but couldnt tell with longer hair.

they say you need to lose 50% of your density before you can visually tell you are experiencing hairloss

 

Agree with this - even on your pre op pics with longer hair, your hair appears lighter on top which is an indication of miniaturisation/lower density. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You were very similar to me.  Take a look at my progress over time on my website (below).  Go to the archives and check it out.  By the way, I've never had any medications for hair loss.  Good luck and keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Judging by the post op pictures I'm guessing Hasson, the work looks very clean. The ugly duckling phase is a beast. I will be going through it shortly. Best to be mentally prepared, there's a saying without the bitter, the sweet wouldn't be sweet. Once the growth starts to come it will make this phase worth it.

Check out my final hair transplant journey

My Final Hair Transplant Journey (Over 9K Total FUE Grafts) 

View my thread

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5 month update below. Starting to see some decent progress and hoping this continues for the next few months. Had 3k graphs on a relatively small area so hoping that the density really picks up.

 

I will say that I think I had some permanent shock loss in the front/mid scalp non-transplanted area as it is thinner than before. Maybe the density will return there as well.

Inkedunnamed (3)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (4)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (5)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (6)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (7)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (8)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (9)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (1)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (2)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed (10)_LI.jpg

Inkedunnamed_LI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ht8235,

I see that you’ve posted five month update photos since your original post and so I guess there’s no point of addressing your original concerns.   After all, I’m sure you can tell by now that everything was on par early on and still seems to be going well at this stage.  

The fact that you’re now seeing good signs of growth at five months is normal and shows that you appear to be right on track.

I expect based on the fact that you had 3000 grafts in a smaller concentrated area that you will have some real nice density and a natural, youthful looking hairline when your hair transplant grows in and fully matures which will take approximately one year to 18 months to occur after the date of surgery.

I am sure to keep us posted on your progress. We look forward to seeing your exciting transformation.

All the best,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...