Am I too far gone for an FUE?

Hi!

36 y.o

I think I am a Norwood 6.  Lost my hair when I was around 20 y.o.

Don't know if I have much more hair to lose at this point.

Never really took any medication or anything for my hair loss as the sides are just too scary. Did a small 3-4 week period with Mixoydl but I got extremely flaky skin to the point it was embarrassing to go to work as it looked like severe dandruff so stopped that.

Am comfortable as a badlie and do a full blade shave every morning however I know I will look much better with hair. 

Would consider an FUE in the future and would continue shaving my hair for the entire first year post-op. 

Have read good things about Dr. Pekiner in Ankara, Turkey and would probably go with him.

Any opinions?

20211226_182733.jpg

20211226_161019.jpg

20211226_160823.jpg

20211226_160627.jpg

20211226_160655.jpg

Edited by PirateofPenzance

1 hour ago, PirateofPenzance said:

Am comfortable as a badlie and do a full blade shave every morning however I know I will look much better with hair. 

if you are truly ok and at peace being bald, and it is not affecting your romantic, social, or professional life, I would avoid the hair transplant route entirely.

As far as your donor hair, it looks like you have plentiful donor grafts. Texture and other characteristics of the donor hair are also important - the hair is too short to get an accurate reading on its quality. 

• Like 1

Not that you asked about this, but did you try liquid Minoxidil or foam? The liquid contains alcohol that can dry out the scalp and causes flakes. Foam version causes no/less flake, but honestly being in the same hair loss situation as yourself Minoxidil does very little at this stage. I don't think it did anything for me other than the psychological/placebo effect that I am applying a drug to stop baldness. Grow your hair for 2-3 weeks and post your pictures again? 

Edited by SamV7

3 hours ago, PirateofPenzance said:

Hi!

36 y.o

Never really took any medication or anything for my hair loss as the sides are just too scary. Did a small 3-4 week period with Mixoydl but I got extremely flaky skin to the point it was embarrassing to go to work as it looked like severe dandruff so stopped that.

Would consider an FUE in the future and would continue shaving my hair for the entire first year post-op. 

Have read good things about Dr. Pekiner in Ankara, Turkey and would probably go with him.

Any opinions?

20211226_182733.jpg

20211226_161019.jpg

20211226_160823.jpg

20211226_160627.jpg

20211226_160655.jpg

Due to a large amount of grafts needed (+5000) fue really shouldn't be the first option, you need a fut and possibly another procedure after that. 

3 hours ago, PirateofPenzance said:

Hi!

36 y.o

Any opinions?

20211226_182733.jpg

20211226_161019.jpg

20211226_160823.jpg

20211226_160627.jpg

20211226_160655.jpg

Go to eugenix they can do it they specialize in higher Norwoods

• Administrators

Depends on your expectations and your goals. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, SamV7 said:

Not that you asked about this, but did you try liquid Minoxidil or foam? The liquid contains alcohol that can dry out the scalp and causes flakes. Foam version causes no/less flake, but honestly being in the same hair loss situation as yourself Minoxidil does very little at this stage. I don't think it did anything for me other than the psychological/placebo effect that I am applying a drug to stop baldness. Grow your hair for 2-3 weeks and post your pictures again? 

I tried the Liquid Sam.

10 hours ago, rambunctious said:

Due to a large amount of grafts needed (+5000) fue really shouldn't be the first option, you need a fut and possibly another procedure after that. 

Thanks. In that case ill leave everything as is.

Not interested in a FUT and dont want to be doing more procedures later on in life. Wanted a "one-and-done" procedure.

Guess ill have to wait until hair cloning becomes a reality, whenever that is.

I was a Norwood 6 and it worked out great for me.  Good luck with your decision.  Check out my website... MyFUEhairtransplant.com

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.