Is it possible to bring some pigment to FUE scars?

Rolandas

I have started an experiment on my channel on my 6500+ fue scars. They have almost no pigment, very white and stand out quite a lot when the hair is shaven very closely to the skin.

I was thinking, since Microneedling has been used for variety of scars to disguise them, I was wondering if it's even possible for FUE scars.
I couldn't find proper info on this, so obviously decided to do it myself.

Current regiment:

First month
- Dr. Pen M8, MAX speed, 16 needle cartridge, 1mm needle length, 1 x two weeks

Second and following months
- Dr. Pen M8 MAX speed, 16 needle cartridge, 1.5mm needle length, 1 x every week

Oh, I did a high skin fade to see the scars properly and so we will be able to compare them 6 months down the line where I will do it again.

Let me know what do you think!

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

It is a worthwhile experiment, just be careful about your micro needling frequency, I think 1x a week may be too much. I would stick to the 1x every two weeks approach. 

Also, you should try to avoid all sun exposure on those areas after micro-needling that heavy for at least 3-4 days, which I am sure you already know :).

Edited by asterix0
  • Thanks 1

I think it's worth a go, honestly I wouldn't expect too much from it, but it might help. Who knows, it might help a lot.

As a side note, how long do you think it took for the scars to reach their current hypo-pigmented state in your case? I'm going to shave/fade my donor area in the next week or two (at 4-5 weeks post surgery) to get an idea of how the scarring looks, and your case made me wonder how close whatever it looks like will be to the final outcome once all is said and done.

I know that it takes longer, up to or even over a year, for a scar to generally heal to it's final form, but I was just wondering if you think yours probably were as white in the following months after your first HT as they were when you shaved over a year later for your second?

55 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I think it's worth a go, honestly I wouldn't expect too much from it, but it might help. Who knows, it might help a lot.

As a side note, how long do you think it took for the scars to reach their current hypo-pigmented state in your case? I'm going to shave/fade my donor area in the next week or two (at 4-5 weeks post surgery) to get an idea of how the scarring looks, and your case made me wonder how close whatever it looks like will be to the final outcome once all is said and done.

I know that it takes longer, up to or even over a year, for a scar to generally heal to it's final form, but I was just wondering if you think yours probably were as white in the following months after your first HT as they were when you shaved over a year later for your second?

In the first few months scars definitely were a bit pink. It definitely takes a long time. At 6 months you will have a good general idea. Possibly it's 80-90% of its "final form".

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Moderators
On 12/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, Rolandas said:

I was thinking, since Microneedling has been used for variety of scars to disguise them, I was wondering if it's even possible for FUE scars.
I couldn't find proper info on this, so obviously decided to do it myself.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Scars continue to improve long after 12 months. I have scars that I have had from two poor hair transplants and repair work for the past 37 years! Over time they do change and as I said improve.

After my 1st transplant I felt like my scars got a bit worse 12 months in, than they were 6 months after the surgery. Essentially they reduced their pigment and became a bit more obvious.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

no, I'm happy the way it is. I'm doing it not for myself, but mainly as an experiment. If this will turn out positively, a lot of people could greatly benefit from it.

• Like 2

Follow me on YouTube

2 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

What size punch did you get? Change the hairstyle bruh 

0.8mm & 0.85mm

Hairstyle - Lol, as I said in the video, I did a high skin fade only to expose scars, so I can compare it down the line.

Follow me on YouTube

complaining about FUE scars after shaving your donor is like standing under a verybright light and complaining how the hair doesn't look dense. Its just the nature of the game, part of the terms and conditions that come with a hair transplant

Edited by SadMan2021

He's not complaining, just trying something out (microneedling) for scar healing/improvements.

Also, punch size isn't bullshit, smaller is generally better in terms of scarring, but everyone heals differently... Rolandas has said in some of his videos before that he has an almost keloid type of scarring naturally, and his scars are very white or hypo pigmented as a result. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...