Mane's 12 Month results - Dr. Rahal (3,481 grafts)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raphael84: Hey, thanks a lot! It's definitely an exciting time and now I know how others feel coming out of the doldrums period. When you go for your surgery, just know that the time WILL pass, and you'll be seeing results before you know it.

NW4recession: Cheers! Having a head full of hair will certainly beat the alternative of donning a full head mask like the caped crusader.

mgem: Tell me about it. It seems like only last week that I was traipsing around the streets of Ottawa.

Bill: What's funny is that in the 2 weeks prior to my 3 months photos, the entire area was still relatively hairless. Then a sudden growth spurt seemed to kick in, and it just took off! You're certainly right in saying that there's just no telling how growth's going to affect different people... so we can't exactly use any one person's case as a yardstick. Even so, I'm thrilled at my growth at only 3 months.

charlie_08: My flight back to Melbourne was actually a bit daunting! I stayed in Ottawa for one week, post-op on Dr. Rahal's advice. By the time I was ready to fly home, the surgery areas were still tender and I had a lot of facial and neck bruising, but no swelling.

In order to get from Canada back to Australia, I had to fly from Ottawa to Toronto (1 hour), Toronto to LA (5 hours), a 12 hour stopover in LA (went to Disneyland for the day), LA to Sydney (14 hours), Sydney to Melbourne (1.5 hours). I had planned to try and sleep on the LA to Sydney flight and to that end, I requested a window seat at the very back of the plane. However, the knuckleheads at the airline ended up ignoring my request completely and placed me smack-bang between two chatty teenagers, at the wing seat where the turbine is. So I stayed awake through all of my flights.

When I arrived in Melbourne it was 10am in the morning, so I had to stay awake all day as well. I'm relatively used to pulling all nighters though, so this didn't phase me all that much. I guess it was a little extra taxing than normal, though, due to the surgery. The plane flight didn't end up being too uncomfy. I wore a baseball cap and a hooded jacket with sunglasses to cover the bruising on my face. I just left the hood covering my head for the entire flight. The baseball cap got a bit annoying at times but I tried my best to ignore it.

Didn't really have any issue with customs officials at any my 5 airport transition points. I simply told them that I couldn't remove my cap due to recent surgery and offered to show them Dr. Rahal's letter explaining this. None of them questioned me further about it.

Congratulations Mane Attraction!

Very impressive.

You are going to look 10 years younger!

Dr Rahal does fantastic work.

I am looking forward to your 6 month photos. icon_smile.gif

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

• 3 weeks later...

What a month! Now I know why people get so excited about exiting the doldrums stage, and I understand exactly what they mean when they say that the third month really flies by.

My 4 month update photos have been posted in my blog. I'm pretty amazed at the progress so far. But I'm hoping for some thickness and further growth over next month, since you can currently still see the shape of my old receded hairline through the wispy new hairs.

Anyhow, take a look. The link, as always, is right below!

• 2 months later...

Yup. I'm still around. The last update I posted was a 5 Month photo gallery here:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/857109534

Since then, things have been going pretty well. I shaved my hair to a 3 guard on the sides, and the scar isn't visible at all, which is a big relief!

I'll be 7 months post-op on December the 7th and I can still feel new stubble coming through.

I probably won't post another photo update 'til I get a few more months progress underway, though. icon_smile.gif

MA,

looking good. Its great to be able to track your progress and with it your increasingly optimistic attitude. Over the Christmas and New Year period your results will continue to impress, and you can begin 2010 in a much better state of mind regarding your hair. Without doubt, I see this already, but for sure it shall continue and improve, as another Rahal success story!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, guys! Yes, I'm quite pleased with the visual improvement and how far my hair has come. It's a rocky road at times, but one that's well worth it in the end.

Hair_me_out: Yeah, I've been trying to grow my hair in the same style/length as when I was 21, simply for comparison's sake. icon_smile.gif I'm glad to hear that you think Rahal mimicked nature well.

By the way, hair_me_out, I just took a look at your latest photos. My scar was a lot like yours at the 2 month mark. I had concerns for quite a while, but don't worry. It should improve a LOT over time.

Mane,

Your hair is looking great and it's nice to see someone venturing "outside the box" and wearing their transplanted hair longer. I hope to be able to do more creative things with my hair after #2.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

MA - Congratulations on your all round positive experience, and more so, your extremely natural and thick head of hair. Things look great and your must be so thrilled. Still a few months of maturation to be experienced just to push things along a little further but your looking great my man. Enjoy all that your new hair brings!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

mane, congratulations on an amazing transformation. your hair density looks very thick even when grown out long which is probaly a good indication of the desity Dr. Rahal was able to achieve. Imho I think it would look even thicker with a shorter hair stlye...either way your hair looks great!

• 3 months later...

I've reached 12-months! Check out my blog (the link's in my sig below) for both my 12 month grown-out photos (and my 'conclusion' write-up), as well as the pics of my new 'do'.

And, nuts! There seems to be no way to edit the thread title anymore. Bill, if you read this... any way you could edit this thread title to reflect 12 months instead of 8-months?

Thanks!