Dr. Pittella • Norwood 7, Large head, Poor donor, Thin Hair: Come and see (WET)

Miraculous result! 😮  @Dr. Felipe Pittella Do you see any purpose for this patient to try finasteride even though he is already a NW7?  Also, does the short length on the sides and the back contribute to the homogenous look for the donor area?  Again, beautiful work!

• Like 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 1/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, aaron1234 said:

Miraculous result! 😮  @Dr. Felipe Pittella Do you see any purpose for this patient to try finasteride even though he is already a NW7?  Also, does the short length on the sides and the back contribute to the homogenous look for the donor area?  Again, beautiful work!

great question. Yes, I think it is valid to do clinical treatment because It will improve the donor area. 

About the finasteride, I usually don't prescribe 5-ARI (fina or duta) to my patients. I know almost 99% of all HT surgeons would recommend 5-ARI but I do not, so I must rely only on a well performed surgery to achieve my results. I know this is controversial and is a discussion for an entire new topic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

About the finasteride, I usually don't prescribe 5-ARI (fina or duta) to my patients. I know almost 99% of all HT surgeons would recommend 5-ARI but I do not, so I must rely only on a well performed surgery to achieve my results. I know this is controversial and is a discussion for an entire new topic

WOW! I love it, @Dr. Felipe Pittella- Very bold statement and certainly a topic for another discussion.

The work you did for this OP was absolutely miraculous!

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

I've already have the next result ready to post, but I'll post what you asked ASAP

Wow! This is impressive.  Maybe I can email you my pics and get consultation with you too?

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, SLA said:

the height in cm of the hairline above the glabella

Hello there, I'm not sure right now though I guess a little bit more than 9. Maybe 9.5

I talked with him recently and he is very happy, trying new hairstyles. He also scheduled another HT to increase density with beard and chest. I'll keep this case updated and also check the distance you asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 11:59 AM, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

Glad to hear that. He is from spain, coming next year to BHT to increasing density. I'll keep up to date

What punch size is used and can you extract to the outer limits of the donor area if requested by the patient? The only other surgeon that I’ve seen do this is Dr. Zarev.

This way the donor thinning is spread out much more and isn’t visible even with short hair.

Also how do I book a consultation, do you have a website with results?

Edited by Min12

On 4/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, Min12 said:

What punch size is used and can you extract to the outer limits of the donor area if requested by the patient? The only other surgeon that I’ve seen do this is Dr. Zarev.

This way the donor thinning is spread out much more and isn’t visible even with short hair.

Also how do I book a consultation, do you have a website with results?

Usually 0.9 to 0.95. For beard 0.85 to 0.9. 

Indeed my strategy on this case involved intentional over-harvesting in order to achieve an homogeneous distribution of hair and same density all over. 

Please check my IG profile. There a post daily surgeries I perform and also plenty of results. 

https://www.instagram.com/dr.felipepittella/

If you're interested in an appointment for check up and surgery, please message me here in the forum.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

Indeed my strategy on this case involved intentional over-harvesting in order to achieve an homogeneous distribution of hair and same density all over. 

...and you did this beautifully. I am sure the OP is over the moon and looking forward to seeing how his density improves with the next session he will have in using more beard and body hair....not that it is needed :).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

This is a salient comment - over-harvesting is normally associated as being harmful to the overall esthetic but, if done homogenously, it does not have to mean a bad outcome for the patient. Longer hair will cover the area nicely; short or cropped hair in the donor area can either stand-alone and look fine or SMP can be used as an adjunct treatment.

Great work, Dr. Pittella! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello OP,

Is there any scarring where the grafts were extracted from your beard? I h. a thick beard underneath my chin and I might have to go the same route. However, I am a touch worried about scars on my face. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, Antlor said:

Beautiful work @Dr. Felipe Pittella!

If don't require your patients to be on finasteride, what is your protocol to ensure your patients from future hair loss due to androgenic alopecia? Thanks.

Minoxidil (preferably oral + topical), ketoconazol and clobetazol shampoo, and biotin

On 5/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, irontriangle said:

Hello OP,

Is there any scarring where the grafts were extracted from your beard? I h. a thick beard underneath my chin and I might have to go the same route. However, I am a touch worried about scars on my face. Thanks.

considering the laxity of the neck skin, and also the small size of the punch used to harvest beard it won't result in any visible scaring. The same principles can be considered for harvesting safely the beard from the face.

As I operate plenty of advanced NW classes, I'm often using face beard and in none of those cases noticeable scars have arrived in a long term follow up. 

• Like 3

On 5/27/2022 at 12:40 AM, mrmane85 said:

Oral and topical min

that's it. 

This simple clinical treatment is AS IMPORTANT AS the HT itself. 

ALSO a conduct of the utmost importance is to AVOID certain substances that may hasten the native hair thinning process (speed up the AGA) SUCH AS: steroids, testosterone replacement therapy, some gym supplements (CREATINE, Tribulus terrestris, maca peruana, etc)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

that's it. 

This simple clinical treatment is AS IMPORTANT AS the HT itself. 

ALSO a conduct of the utmost importance is to AVOID certain substances that may hasten the native hair thinning process (speed up the AGA) SUCH AS: steroids, testosterone replacement therapy, some gym supplements (CREATINE, Tribulus terrestris, maca peruana, etc)

Is whey protein also something you suggest patients avoid?