Weird question about travelling for SMP

smphero

I want to get my SMP at a center I have identify in the US. During our online consultation they said I would need upto 4 sessions and 10 days between sessions. But I am not from the US and I can't stay 30 days in the US just for this. So I think it's make more sense to just travel 3-4 times for this. But if I travel 3-4 times within a month, the immigration officers will start to ask me why. The first time I can say "leisure, travel, etc" (which is true coz SMP is like a tattoo you get on vacation). The next time, they will ask me "weren't you here just a week ago?"

I am not from Canada or one of those other european countries which the US lets in people without asking anything. Is the only option to just explain to the officer what SMP is?

sorry if this is a silly topic or in the wrong place of the forum

Needing four sessions would be more towards the worse case scenario end of the spectrum. From what I've read 2 or 3 sessions is the average. But ultimately it depends on how much work needs to be done and how well your skin accepts and retains the ink.

Instead of declaring a vacation/leisure reason, why not say its for a medical or cosmetic medical procedure? You may end up needing to give additional details about it being SMP then, but at least its more accurate and better justifies follow up visits 10 days apart. Unless you know or hang out with the people that are going to be processing your paperwork, and you want to keep it a secret from them, I don't see a problem with just telling them either way if they do end up asking you why.

And I wouldn't even go through the effort of describing it as SMP, just say you are getting some tattoo work by a highly skilled artist, etc.

Edited by ciaus

4 hours ago, smphero said:

I want to get my SMP at a center I have identify in the US. During our online consultation they said I would need upto 4 sessions and 10 days between sessions. But I am not from the US and I can't stay 30 days in the US just for this. So I think it's make more sense to just travel 3-4 times for this. But if I travel 3-4 times within a month, the immigration officers will start to ask me why. The first time I can say "leisure, travel, etc" (which is true coz SMP is like a tattoo you get on vacation). The next time, they will ask me "weren't you here just a week ago?"

I am not from Canada or one of those other european countries which the US lets in people without asking anything. Is the only option to just explain to the officer what SMP is?

sorry if this is a silly topic or in the wrong place of the forum

My SMP protocol requires you to have 2 sessions on consecutive days and then you return between 2-6 weeks for a third session. Feel free to email me pictures aheadink@gmail.com for a consultation. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

14 hours ago, ciaus said:

Needing four sessions would be more towards the worse case scenario end of the spectrum. From what I've read 2 or 3 sessions is the average. But ultimately it depends on how much work needs to be done and how well your skin accepts and retains the ink.

Instead of declaring a vacation/leisure reason, why not say its for a medical or cosmetic medical procedure? You may end up needing to give additional details about it being SMP then, but at least its more accurate and better justifies follow up visits 10 days apart. Unless you know or hang out with the people that are going to be processing your paperwork, and you want to keep it a secret from them, I don't see a problem with just telling them either way if they do end up asking you why.

And I wouldn't even go through the effort of describing it as SMP, just say you are getting some tattoo work by a highly skilled artist, etc.

I guess I am just a little embarased to explain SMP. I just hope there will be some privacy and not 6 people standing behind me in the queue. Sometimes even the airlines staff have questioned me before letting me board the flight.

tattoo is a good idea but I will definately get a wtf stare, like who spends on 8 long distance flight tickets to fly into US and gets tattoos :D

thanks for the advice

11 hours ago, hairthere said:

My SMP protocol requires you to have 2 sessions on consecutive days and then you return between 2-6 weeks for a third session. Feel free to email me pictures aheadink@gmail.com for a consultation. 

Thats a convenient protocol Im actually looking for permanent ink though.