Big hello to fellow forum members, especially to senior ones! You guys have been doing amazing work of guiding novices like me, who are ready to take the plunge.

I have a few queries for my first post:

1. How many grafts would I need, approximately (images attached)?

2. Thinking of getting the transplant done in India. What clinic/doctor would you advise?

Thank you, and looking forward to interacting with all you lovely members!

Love,

Naren

IMG_20211010_100733__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_100659__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_101308__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_101011__01.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Singhji said:

Thinking of getting the transplant done in India. What clinic/doctor would you advise?

By sheer volume of patient posted results (and particularly in the higher Norwood 5/6/7 range) I would have to say Eugenix. If you do a search on this forum you will see some astounding results

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You will need to be open to trialing finasteride for at least 6 months at a very minimum and really ideally closer to twelve months. You want to stabilize your current hair loss and strengthen what you have prior to undergoing surgery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Singhji said:

Big hello to fellow forum members, especially to senior ones! You guys have been doing amazing work of guiding novices like me, who are ready to take the plunge.

I have a few queries for my first post:

1. How many grafts would I need, approximately (images attached)?

2. Thinking of getting the transplant done in India. What clinic/doctor would you advise?

Thank you, and looking forward to interacting with all you lovely members!

Love,

Naren

IMG_20211010_100733__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_100659__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_101308__01.jpg

IMG_20211010_101011__01.jpg

The only clinic you should look at is Eugenix. They can tell you if you are a good candidate to begin with, you have alot of loss. You should try Finasteride aswell if you go through with a transplant. You need to have realistic expectations, with that much loss you might be able to fill the front but not have enough grafts to be able to fill the crown fully. 

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Gatsby said:

By sheer volume of patient posted results (and particularly in the higher Norwood 5/6/7 range) I would have to say Eugenix. If you do a search on this forum you will see some astounding result

Thanks @Gatsby! Yes have a heard a lot about Eugenix, the only thing which makes think twice are their costs. But now that you suggest, will give it a serious consideration

23 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You will need to be open to trialing finasteride for at least 6 months at a very minimum and really ideally closer to twelve months. You want to stabilize your current hair loss and strengthen what you have prior to undergoing surgery.

@Gatsby you mean I should try finasteride for 6 months first, and then go for HT

• Like 1

21 hours ago, digi23 said:

The only clinic you should look at is Eugenix. They can tell you if you are a good candidate to begin with, you have alot of loss. You should try Finasteride aswell if you go through with a transplant. You need to have realistic expectations, with that much loss you might be able to fill the front but not have enough grafts to be able to fill the crown fully. 

Thanks @digi23! Will keep this in mind

• Valued Contributor

If you can’t afford Eugenix then I would not risk surgery with anyone else (except perhaps medispa). Yes. Begin Finasteride now if you can. See if you get any improvement from it but give it 6-12 months to see if it strengthens your crown and donor area prior to surgery. All the best.

• Like 1

I didn’t have a chance to read through anyone else’s reply however, just by the looks of it, I would say that you have a relatively sparse donor area and a lot of ground to cover. Therefore, just based on the photos alone I’m not quite sure you would be the best candidate for a hair transplant.  Ultimately, it really depends on what you would be satisfied with. Assuming that you even have an exceptional donor which it doesn’t really appear that way by the photos, at best, we’d be able to re-create a relatively conservative yet natural looking hairline with some coverage behind it but not a lot of density.

I recommend making sure that you consult A few leading hair restoration surgeons to discuss your options. We are always here.  

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 4:38 PM, Gatsby said:

If you can’t afford Eugenix then I would not risk surgery with anyone else (except perhaps medispa). Yes. Begin Finasteride now if you can. See if you get any improvement from it but give it 6-12 months to see if it strengthens your crown and donor area prior to surgery. All the best.

@Gatsby Hi @Gatsby! so I consulted with Eugenix and they suggested 3500 grafts (including 500 from beard). I think I will go for it. But my only two options are either INR 120 OR INR 75 per graft. Would these be worth the surgery? And do you think 120 would make huge difference over 75 one?

27 minutes ago, Singhji said:

@Gatsby Hi @Gatsby! so I consulted with Eugenix and they suggested 3500 grafts (including 500 from beard). I think I will go for it. But my only two options are either INR 120 OR INR 75 per graft. Would these be worth the surgery? And do you think 120 would make huge difference over 75 one?

The senior doctors and technicians are part of the 120 RS option, so it's up to you to decide whether you feel that's worth the jump. Personally i did for a bit more piece of mind and getting to know about the experience of others on here it also seems to be a good budget option for those more concerned about seniority/experience of both Doctors/Technicians. 

However i have seen work done on the 75 RS package and it looks really clean too. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

The senior doctors and technicians are part of the 120 RS option, so it's up to you to decide whether you feel that's worth the jump. Personally i did for a bit more piece of mind and getting to know about the experience of others on here it also seems to be a good budget option for those more concerned about seniority/experience of both Doctors/Technicians. 

However i have seen work done on the 75 RS package and it looks really clean too. 

Thank you so much @NARMAK! This is very reassuring. So you did 120 RS and are satisfied with the results? Can I see you HT journey, if you have shared it here?

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Singhji said:

For piece of mind (if you are worried) go with the 120 INR. But Eugenix knows that one bad result from any price level and they are through! All the best! 

10 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

For piece of mind (if you are worried) go with the 120 INR. But Eugenix knows that one bad result from any price level and they are through! All the best! 

Thank you so much! That does make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Thank you so much @NARMAK! This is very reassuring. So you did 120 RS and are satisfied with the results? Can I see you HT journey, if you have shared it here?

Sorry, i may have not worded it the best. 

I have paid a deposit and booked a date in May for the Exclusive Package (120 RS). I will be sharing my journey on here and elsewhere when possible but there is a case on here if you search  "Eugenix" with Dr Das which i believe was for 120 RS and the work looked immaculate. Even a single case of 75 RS i saw on YouTube looks like Eugenix still pay the same care and attention to detail. Although as mentioned i felt i wanted peace of mind by having a senior Doctor and technicians involved myself. So i specifically requested Dr Das after having a video consultation with her and she put my mind at ease with the questions i had. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Did you trial Finasteride and if so are you still taking it?

Sadly no, I have been in dilemma about taking finasteride, as during assessment I got to know that around age 40 Hair fall stabilizes and finasteride might not be that effective. Would you suggest I take it anyway?

5 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Sorry, i may have not worded it the best. 

I have paid a deposit and booked a date in May for the Exclusive Package (120 RS). I will be sharing my journey on here and elsewhere when possible but there is a case on here if you search  "Eugenix" with Dr Das which i believe was for 120 RS and the work looked immaculate. Even a single case of 75 RS i saw on YouTube looks like Eugenix still pay the same care and attention to detail. Although as mentioned i felt i wanted peace of mind by having a senior Doctor and technicians involved myself. So i specifically requested Dr Das after having a video consultation with her and she put my mind at ease with the questions i had. 

Thanks for the detailed answer. All the best for your HT! If am not wrong Dr Das is in Bombay facility of Eugenix?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, civic said:

I think donor is good, it seems your hair is curly which can make it look sparse if you slept on side or did not brush it. 

You got it absolutely right!

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed answer. All the best for your HT! If am not wrong Dr Das is in Bombay facility of Eugenix?

I do think they are able to travel around as and when required. My procedure is due to be done in New Delhi. Gurgaon i believe its called where they're located. 

I think they have 3 locations but Dr Das does seem to go between as do the others depending on the cases. 

Fingers crossed though for the Visa. I was actually originally due to go in March, but i didn't think the Visa would come through in time. For reference, i applied February 4th officially because it seemed i had to provide additional documents. 

If everything goes as planned and i can get the procedure in May, i will 100% detail everything i can in a dedicated thread. 

• Like 2