Dr. Cooley - 3200 Grafts FUT

I had a procedure with Dr. Cooley approx. 5 months ago. This is my second FUT procedure. My first procedure was a success. I’ll share who did my first procedure around the 12-18 month mark so this procedure can be the primary focus. Below are progression photos and pics of the scar. I'll try to update as much as possible. This forum has been a tremendous gift for those seeking a quality outcome. I hope my progression timeline/experience can serve others in their journey towards achieving a quality result.

I’ll spare the immediately before and during details of my procedure. I will say Dr. Cooley appears as a genuinely nice person, down to earth. He’s answered any questions via email swiftly. Amy gets a gold star, she was great! Very informative, nice and sincere. The staff was all business and seemed methodical in their craft. 

In total 3262 grafts were placed. I believe approx. 2000 grafts went to the crown and the remaining were scattered forward. I followed Dr. Cooley's post op instructions to the letter to ensure the best chance of an outstanding result.

Graft Breakdown:

1 - 1034

2 - 1819

3 - 381

4 – 28

After the procedure I had some shock loss of existing hair in the recipient area as you can see in the photos. The lost hair appears to have come back in the recipient zone. I also had shock loss in the donor area. Most has come back with exception to some small random spots in the donor area.

I am slightly concerned about those random spots around my scar. There is no hair growing and it’s smooth with no stubble at 5 months. If anyone had a similar experience and saw hair come out at 5+ months please share for peace of mind. Do you think at this point hair could still pop through?

Right now I can go to about a 6 guard. If I go lower you can see small patches of missing hair.

As for the growth, what are your thoughts? You can see the growth shaping up.

Photos show immediately preop, 1-day post op, months 1-5 progress and scar pics. 

Imm Preop - A.jpg

1 day post - A.jpg

months1-5 - A.jpg

Scar - A.jpg

Edited by Slightlymodded

@Hair TriggeredI reached out to Dr. Cooley around the beginning of September asking if the scar appeared stretched. I believe he likes to wait for around month 6 before evaluating the quality of a scar. I checked out your thread, we had procedures around the same time. Yours appears to be coming in nicely! I hope it exceeds your expectations. 

@JC71 I've read crowns can take longer in comparison. 5 months is very early and my hope is over the next couple of months I will see a drastic change for the better. Thank you for the best wishes. 

@Zoomster I saw your story, well documented. Your results are most impressive! Shock loss sucks doesn't it? It seems unfair after spending so much money but we all know the body doesn't care! It does what it wants. I hope the best for you and will follow your story/experience as well. Keep up the great work! 

• 1 month later...

Just dropping in to show the 6 month results. There is some improvement from month 5. I know the crown can take longer than most areas. I remain optimistic it will fill in. My hope is new hairs will still pop through. That along with maturation of existing hair should create a nice result. Any thoughts thus far? 

322958211_6MOFlashvsNoFlash-A.thumb.jpg.23e337df6933cfa8ade5c0930e2fd9c0.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...