3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

Hey @Berba11!!! 5 weeks looks about right to me. The great news, it is the worst you'll look over this whole process, the greater news, once month 3 hits, baby hairs will begin sprouting. Looks cleaner than mine was at 5 weeks, I can tell you that for sure. I had a lot of scabbing, and more shedding as well. You are in a very strong position for early growth in my opinion!👏👍

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, MazAB said:

Hey @Berba11!!! 5 weeks looks about right to me. The great news, it is the worst you'll look over this whole process, the greater news, once month 3 hits, baby hairs will begin sprouting. Looks cleaner than mine was at 5 weeks, I can tell you that for sure. I had a lot of scabbing, and more shedding as well. You are in a very strong position for early growth in my opinion!👏👍

Thanks Maz!

I was expecting to have shed far more by now. I'm not unhappy that I haven't but i've now got the dilemma... Do I leave it to grow as is and see if I can get some early length from the hairs that have remained (this option will make me look a bit odd initially), or keep buzzing down regardless? Good problem to have! Not sure which way I'll go with it.

I have a mate's wedding on the 5th July - 7 months & one week after the HT. I'm tempted to just let things grow as much and as ridiculously as possible so that I'll have enough growth (fingers crossed), to get a cool haircut (which i've not had for decade!!!) just before the big day.

• Like 1

I'm regretting that I buzzed down to nothing. If I just let it grow, my hair would look so much better right now. Keep it going, you won't regret it. Wear hats and fibres where necessary to get you over the hump. At 3.5 months it'll be long enough to cover everything that looks weird. Trust me dude

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
10 minutes ago, MazAB said:

I'm regretting that I buzzed down to nothing. If I just let it grow, my hair would look so much better right now. Keep it going, you won't regret it. Wear hats and fibres where necessary to get you over the hump. At 3.5 months it'll be long enough to cover everything that looks weird. Trust me dude

Good advise Maz - I'll keep it going as best I can!

14 hours ago, MazAB said:

Wear hats and fibres where necessary to get you over the hump.

While fibers are GREAT, I would not use yet. In a consult, Dr. Bisanga said to wait a minimum of 6 months post HT before applying fibers. While there is inherently nothing damaging about fibers, the thought is that it does not provide the optimal environment for growth.

All is looking great @Berba11!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLA said:

While fibers are GREAT, I would not use yet. In a consult, Dr. Bisanga said to wait a minimum of 6 months post HT before applying fibers. While there is inherently nothing damaging about fibers, the thought is that it does not provide the optimal environment for growth.

Does this also apply to a little hair mousse, clay/way and hairspray? I always thought that after 10 days you couldn't really ruin anything by applying "something" to the hair/scalp.

23 minutes ago, alex85 said:

Does this also apply to a little hair mousse, clay/way and hairspray? I always thought that after 10 days you couldn't really ruin anything by applying "something" to the hair/scalp.

Good question, but I have no idea.

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, SLA said:

Thanks mate!

I've never actually used fibers before and will probably hold off for quite some time before trying them out anyway. I'll definitely be wearing a hat for a while. With the weather being nice and cold I've got the perfect excuse!

• Like 1

@Berba11 looking good with the progress. I would use something more natural than E45 and something that's close to 0 on the comedogenic scale, specifically oils like argan. They provide healing and cooling relief. I think mazAB has suggested aloe too. 

In regards to the spots/folliculitis keep attention to those and see if they continue to occur. I kept having these in my donor only. Started an antibiotic treatment about a week back after consulting Eugenix and this has seemed to get rid of them ever so slowly. 

Overall looking great and you'll soon be seeing serious gains and growth coming. Look forward to watching over the coming months 😊

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
29 minutes ago, H3ri said:

@Berba11 looking good with the progress. I would use something more natural than E45 and something that's close to 0 on the comedogenic scale, specifically oils like argan. They provide healing and cooling relief. I think mazAB has suggested aloe too. 

In regards to the spots/folliculitis keep attention to those and see if they continue to occur. I kept having these in my donor only. Started an antibiotic treatment about a week back after consulting Eugenix and this has seemed to get rid of them ever so slowly. 

Overall looking great and you'll soon be seeing serious gains and growth coming. Look forward to watching over the coming months 😊

Thanks mate!

Ive actually not been experiencing any spots or pimples now for a few weeks. Think it was more of a temporary thing in the first 2-3 weeks. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

UPDATE: 7 weeks post op

Was going to wait until next week for the 2 month update but thought i'd throw in a 7 week update. As you can see, the shedding seems to have stopped and I'm now just letting things throw. There's some stubble starting to poke through in places as well so some signs of early growth which is exciting! Redness remains. I'm still applying aloe vera gel but in reality I think the redness will just fade on its own terms regardless of what I try.

For consistency I'm rocking the dressing gown again :D

IMG_5694_7weeks_PostOp.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

UPDATE: 7 weeks post op

Was going to wait until next week for the 2 month update but thought i'd throw in a 7 week update. As you can see, the shedding seems to have stopped and I'm now just letting things throw. There's some stubble starting to poke through in places as well so some signs of early growth which is exciting! Redness remains. I'm still applying aloe vera gel but in reality I think the redness will just fade on its own terms regardless of what I try.

For consistency I'm rocking the dressing gown again :D

IMG_5694_7weeks_PostOp.JPG

Hey mate,

Being a week ahead of you, you’re right on track. I saw some subtle poke through as well however I am still shedding few hairs when I run my hand through.

I'm not sure if it’s just me but sometimes I can feel new hairs poking through lol. I feel little pokes through the receipt area randomly. 

Overall, looking good mate. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE: 2 months/8 weeks post-op

Hi all,

Here's my 2 month post-op update. Not a great deal to report. Shedding has stopped and redness has come down a fair amount. A fair amount of the transplanted hair remains having never shed so I'm just letting it grow out. There's a few tiny stubble hairs stating to poke through still but the ones I've been keeping an eye on haven't progressed much yet as far as I can tell, so still no real signs of new growth coming through at this stage.

Photos are from a couple of days prior to the two month mark and a couple of days after. Close enough!

Will update at the 3 month mark.

Cheers :)

IMG_5718_8weeks.JPG

IMG_5725_8weeks.JPG

IMG_5744_8weeks.JPG

IMG_5781_8weeks.JPG

IMG_57228weeks.JPG

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, rob7331 said:

Looks awesome and absolutely on track. To quote my favorite Star Wars line - this is where the fun begins.

Cheers mate! I keep forgetting that this is still pre-growth phase. I'm almost starting to get used to it just being like this. The idea that it should actually look like a proper head of hair in a few months time seems so alien to me right now! :D

Your donor area looks impeccable and untouched. Something i'm expecting on every Eugenix patient now lol

You're definitely entering that phase of "ugly duckling" where its wonky growth etc. but its looking solid to grow in towards the 6 month mark and heck, by the end of Month 3/4 it should look solid. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Donor has healed very well. I’m entering the ugly duckling phase, but the sweet wouldn’t be sweet without the bitter.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
19 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Your donor area looks impeccable and untouched. Something i'm expecting on every Eugenix patient now lol

You're definitely entering that phase of "ugly duckling" where its wonky growth etc. but its looking solid to grow in towards the 6 month mark and heck, by the end of Month 3/4 it should look solid. 

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Donor has healed very well. I’m entering the ugly duckling phase, but the sweet wouldn’t be sweet without the bitter.

Thanks fellas. Yea the donor was looking pretty much good to go after only a few days really. Very pleased with how that's progressed. The right hand side is more patchy as they seemed to have extracted from a narrower area but at this length it's completely unnoticeable (and I'm not remotely bothered by it anyway).

@NARMAK- pretty much all of the hair you can see is hair that never seemed to shed. I'd estimate I've retained around 40% of the transplanted hairs. The bad news is that short term, it looks a bit weird. But like you say, in another month or two when some growth kicks in and the shedded hairs start to fill the gaps, hopefully I might benefit from the non-shedded hairs sticking around. The temptation to buzz it all off is strong though!

48 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Thanks fellas. Yea the donor was looking pretty much good to go after only a few days really. Very pleased with how that's progressed. The right hand side is more patchy as they seemed to have extracted from a narrower area but at this length it's completely unnoticeable (and I'm not remotely bothered by it anyway).

@NARMAK- pretty much all of the hair you can see is hair that never seemed to shed. I'd estimate I've retained around 40% of the transplanted hairs. The bad news is that short term, it looks a bit weird. But like you say, in another month or two when some growth kicks in and the shedded hairs start to fill the gaps, hopefully I might benefit from the non-shedded hairs sticking around. The temptation to buzz it all off is strong though!

I'm still mulling what i'd do but tbh, i think it all depends on where you got it and how much. So for me, it would be the frontal area and letting it grow out from behind i could style around. 

I think as it stands, i'm leaning towards going for a full shave on the day of surgery, then let it grow out as it will up until like 11-12 Months before i get a haircut. Maybe just style my beard and rock longer hair. Luckily my hair growth seems slower so it shouldn't look like Rapunzel from shaving to 11/12 months lol

• Like 1

@Berba11 you easily look like you are more at month 3 than month 2! I agree, you easily kept 40% give or take. Definitely resist the urge to shave it off. My hair is wavy like yours and that helps with disguising the sparse growth factor much better in my opinion. Give it another month of not doing anything and your hair will grow longer with new hair sprouting at the same time. From there, you are sittin pretty!😎

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, MazAB said:

@Berba11 you easily look like you are more at month 3 than month 2! I agree, you easily kept 40% give or take. Definitely resist the urge to shave it off. My hair is wavy like yours and that helps with disguising the sparse growth factor much better in my opinion. Give it another month of not doing anything and your hair will grow longer with new hair sprouting at the same time. From there, you are sittin pretty!😎

Yea I’m definitely going to keep it going. I sometimes catch myself looking at the clippers in the bathroom 😅 but will ride this phase out!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Yea I’m definitely going to keep it going. I sometimes catch myself looking at the clippers in the bathroom 😅 but will ride this phase out!

It's funny. We get hair transplants and all we can think about it buzzing it off at the start :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE - 79 DAYS

Wasn't planning to do an update until the 3 month mark but I've just had my first haircut so thought I'd take some pictures while it was fresh! Photos have been taken literally after getting back from the barbers. Top left untouched, back and sides cut with a fade starting from grade 1 buzz. Absolutely delighted with the donor area - I could probably have gotten away with a 0.5 quite easily. Barber said he'd not have noticed if I hadn't said anything and could only real tell I'd had a HT because he was scrutinising and I'd told him. Not bad for 2.5 months I suppose!

I do increasingly think that I'll be wanting some additional closure on the temple corners to refine those angles and improve the framing of the face from the sides and bring the hairline into balance, but that's for another time.

I've got a stag-do to attend next week so with a trim and a little help from some Toppik I think I'm good to go!

IMG_5919_79daysPostOpHairCut.JPG

IMG_5921_79daysPostOpHairCut.JPG

IMG_5922_79daysPostOpHairCut.JPG

IMG_5923_79daysPostOpHairCut.JPG

IMG_5924_79daysPostOpHairCut.JPG

• Like 4