3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

• Valued Contributor

Hi all,

9 hours ago I landed in New Delhi, and due to mega queues at the airport finally hit the hay at approx 5.30am local time. So right now at 11.25am I’m a little (a lot!) under-slept and rather hungry, but I’m here and will be updating this thread throughout the course of my journey. I’m currently writing from my hotel room at the Double Tree by Hilton, arranged through Eugenix.

I’m scheduled for around 2,500-3,000 grafts into the frontal third with Dr Arika on Saturday 27th. We’ll see what the final graft count comes in at once we’ve done the hairline design & Dr Arika has seen me in person etc. 

Naturally I’ll be posting photos on this thread, but I’ll also try to include as much relevant information on my experience with Eugenix in general, as well as any tips & tricks for those travelling from afar in terms of medical visas, flights, challenges, food & things to navigate. 

I’m due to have some blood tests and am waiting to find out the details on where and when that will be happening. All I can say at this point is that my driver was there to collect me at the airport exactly where & when he said he would be and that he’s a saint for patiently waiting for about two hours past my scheduled arrival time for me to actually emerge from the airport!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

Berba 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Berba11 I am currently at Double Tree as well getting bored in my room. I had my surgery last Saturday and will be receiving my head wash this Saturday morning before I fly out. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

Wishing you best as well!

Edited by Dshak40
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Hi all,

9 hours ago I landed in New Delhi, and due to mega queues at the airport finally hit the hay at approx 5.30am local time. So right now at 11.25am I’m a little (a lot!) under-slept and rather hungry, but I’m here and will be updating this thread throughout the course of my journey. I’m currently writing from my hotel room at the Double Tree by Hilton, arranged through Eugenix.

I’m scheduled for around 2,500-3,000 grafts into the frontal third with Dr Arika on Saturday 27th. We’ll see what the final graft count comes in at once we’ve done the hairline design & Dr Arika has seen me in person etc. 

Naturally I’ll be posting photos on this thread, but I’ll also try to include as much relevant information on my experience with Eugenix in general, as well as any tips & tricks for those travelling from afar in terms of medical visas, flights, challenges, food & things to navigate. 

I’m due to have some blood tests and am waiting to find out the details on where and when that will be happening. All I can say at this point is that my driver was there to collect me at the airport exactly where & when he said he would be and that he’s a saint for patiently waiting for about two hours past my scheduled arrival time for me to actually emerge from the airport!

So far so good and the Double Tree menu looks jam packed with vegan options which I’ll be smashing my way through in due course!

Feel free to ask any questions and if there’s any fellow patients kicking around here who happen to read this, please get in touch and we can hang out and exchange notes!

Cheers

Berba 🙂

Which package you choosed

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Dshak40 said:

@Berba11 I am currently at Double Tree as well getting bored in my room. I had my surgery last Saturday and will be receiving my head wash this Saturday morning before I fly out. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

Wishing you best as well!

Hey mate - yea definitely. I’m changing to a different room today as the one I had originally been booked into wasn’t available when I arrived, and I need to shower & catch up on some work but 100% let’s hang!

I’ll private message you when I’m all sorted.  

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats on your surgery brother!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, Fego said:

Which package you choosed

Hi Fego,

I’m booked on the Exclusive package but I booked the surgery back in the summer so it’s an older version of the Exclusive package that includes a bit more involvement from Dr Arika (crucial extractions). 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Hey mate - yea definitely. I’m changing to a different room today as the one I had originally been booked into wasn’t available when I arrived, and I need to shower & catch up on some work but 100% let’s hang!

I’ll private message you when I’m all sorted.  

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats on your surgery brother!

yeah I had similar issues as well! 

No worries. Message when you are free. 

Edited by Dshak40

• Valued Contributor

So yesterday I had a fairly gruelling day of surgery that lasted about 9 hours including breaks. I was oozing quite a lot and that really killed the pace of things. So we finished up this morning with a session lasting approx 3 hours. I appreciate the team not ploughing on at the usual pace despite the challenges and doing things over 2 sessions instead. It speaks to a degree of professionalism and experience that I hope is reflected in the final results. 

On the Friday night, the day before what turned out to be session number one, I only managed two hours of sleep. The jet lag was really playing havoc on my body clock and that wasn’t the ideal way to go into a long & bloody surgery and that may have contributed to the extra ooziness! I should have taken a sleeping tablet but thought I’d be fine. Error on my part, and not one I repeated last night!

I ended up having 2736 grafts (as I recall - will find out for sure tomorrow when I pop in for dressing). 

I’ll most likely update with photos & so on when I get back to the UK on Tuesday. Aside from looking a bit like a beluga whale, my initial assessment is that the work is nicely refined and the donor extractions look particularly excellent. Encouraging signs but I won’t be counting my chickens just yet!

Edited by Berba11
  • Like 5

• Berba11 changed the title to 2762 grafts @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE

Just a quick update to get some photos up. I don't yet have the pre & post op pics that Eugenix took, though I'll add a selection when I have them. Exact number of grafts transplanted in total was 2762.

I've attached 4 pictures below - all post op. Immediate post op (second session) donor & bird's-eye view of the frontal third - both taken by me (so apologies for ropey-ness!) and the same shots 2 days post op (taken by the missus, hence better!). I think the donor looks really good. My partner says she wouldn't even notice anything has happened and I'm quite amazed at how good the donor looks two days on.

I haven't attempted to take any frontal pictures yet. I'm still pretty swollen and looking like I've gone toe to toe with Mike Tyson for a few rounds so I can't yet assess how well the work frames my face because my face doesn't yet resemble my face (you can see my inner Beluga Whale emerging under the hairline in the first picture)! And it's pretty much been that way since session one. I'd imagined (well, hoped!) that I wouldn't be someone that would swell up much but my forehead and face had other ideas. Kind of annoying that I didn't get at least one day to properly see the hairline & framing in context before ballooning up in every direction, but it is what it is. Hopefully in a day or two I'll actually get to see how the new hairline looks on me! Patience is a virtue and all that...

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5198.JPG

89b33e86-bfb0-4197-9f78-5f76b4191abc.JPG

289ad288-67ee-4575-ae6f-1da596e3e0e1.JPG

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor

Some details...

I'll try to give a flavour of how things went. I can't promise this will be short but I'll do my best!

• 32 years old
  • 0.5mg oral finasteride daily (5 months & counting)
  • Nizoral Shampoo once or twice per week
  • I was judged as a NW3 from my photo submissions but I have indications of a NW6. Dad is somewhere between a 6 & 7.

Day 1

I arrived in the early hours of Thursday morning Delhi time, checking in at approx 4.40am and finally getting my head down for some sleep at 5.30am-ish. After messaging Eugenix to let them know I was free and ready for the blood tests, a gentleman was sent to the hotel pretty swiftly in the afternoon. He took blood samples in my room and off he went. I was sent the results that evening by Anil, who had earlier introduced himself and checked in with me via WhatsApp. I spent the rest of the day relaxing at the hotel and had the chance to meet up with @DJ40who had undergone his surgery the week prior. DJ filled me on what to expect on the day of surgery and our conversation was massively helpful. The main take home was learning that the hairline design process was not likely to be a one on one consultation for 20 minutes in a room with Dr Arika, but a much swifter affair. Knowing this, I'd spent a little more time at the hotel really thinking about what I wanted from the design so that I could go in with a clearer picture in my mind. I'll get to the hairline design part further on. For the record, @DJ40's work looked excellent - it should be a killer result!

Day 2

The only thing planned was to pop into the clinic for pre-ops. I messaged Anil asking if I could come in straight away, or later in the evening as I wanted to use the time before the surgery to actually get out of the hotel room and see something - anything! - of India. I told Anil I wanted to visit Qutub Minar and he replied telling me to go and enjoy Qutub Minar and we can do the pre-ops in the evening when I'm back - brilliant! Returning to the hotel I ended up sat near a chap wearing a surgical cap (for anyone going, you'll see the occasional person pottering around with a surgical cap on their heads. It's a reassuring sight knowing that you aren't he only one walking around looking a bit daft!). He'd had work done a couple days prior - 5700 grafts - and had travelled from Canada. We discussed many of the topics that have come up on here recently - the growth of Eugenix and sense they were in transition, the challenges in maintaining quality control and the two main doctors gradually relinquish the majority of the surgical duties etc and he gave me some insight as far as what to expect on the day that largely mirrored what DJ had told me the day before. I considered myself well equipped going in!

Afterwards I messaged Anil to say I was ready and I was picked up and headed off to the clinic for the first time. I was warmly greeted by all and spent some time with Anil who was fantastic the entire trip. I wish I could remember everyone's name because they all deserve a mention for their hospitality and friendliness. It's impossible to feel anything other than looked after and at ease once in the clinic. I had a small amount of local anaesthetic injected into each arm to test for any negative reaction, blood taken for PRP, blood pressure measured, forms signed and pre-op/pre-design photos taken.

Will add day 3 and 4 later.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

@Berba11your donor looks excellent as does the work as we have come to see from Eugenix! I won't ramble on but I'm very happy for you. Rest up and I look forward to following your journey down the path.

Thank you Gatsby! I think the travel started to catch up with me midway through the write up but will be sure to update tomorrow!

Thanks again for your kind words - always appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Looks fantastic my guy, everything normal and good!

It's interesting to see you write about the challenges of explosive growth and all that comes with it from a business perspective. While I'm thrilled for my surgery at Eugenix in February, there is a part of me that is concerned because they have been growing really fast lately. And while I ultimately trust the results over all else, I can't help but feel a little nervous for them in maintaining the quality we've all come to know. As anyone who's worked in a growing organization before will say, it's hard to keep everything 100% when you're adding personnel at an accelerated rate. Hopefully Eugenix is able to keep this in check and continue putting out fantastic results.

Keep us posted!

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal