Eugenix | 6th Nov | 2000 grafts| FUE

nodono

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is good and healthy. 

I have been a blog reader and follower from last 6 months and closely tracking all the HT results, reviews and monthly/weekly updates. Finally decided to endure my HT on 6th of Nov at Eugenix Delhi. I have implanted with 2000 grafts by the Dr Arika and team with continuous 8+ hours in OP. 

Background:

I am 30 Yrs old, I have started with hair fall around the last 5 years, it was significantly slow initially but it because so dominant recently in frontal area that it became daily task to manage and stop the hair fall, I have not taken Finasteride/Minixodil or any medical aid to stop the hair fall due to obvious reasons. I have tried with natural remedies like life-style changes, food habits, meditation, sleeping  and stress management (as i am IT guy). I was little scared initially and never thought of going through HT but finally after so much research, and reviews in the forum I have made my mind. Initially I contacted Dr Diep due to his extrodonry results but later stepped back as I did not want to get a scar as it was FUT. It was quoted around 12k for 2k grafts. As I am Indian origin it became very easy to decide Eugenix. Many thanks to @Wandererind for helping me and being patient with all my queries regarding the HT. It really made me to take a decision. Additionally representative at Eugenix Mr Amandeep  (a good friend I would say)  who took care from Eugenix side. During initial consultation I was quoted with 2000 grafts and something is delivered on the d-day. Its been already 7 days everything looks good as of now.

D-DAY:

I was picked up by Eugenix at Delhi airport around 6th noon and directly went to clinic for HT. I have added steps below.

• airport pick up at 1pm 6th Nov. and reached clinic around 1:30pm.
  • Meet and greet, later one person took blood for the PRP and given sample anesthesia on both right and left hand side.
  • Delicious food is provided and advised to take the few pre-HT tablets and mean time provided with the op dress.
  • later after 2 hours around 3:30pm photoshoot is done and later Dr. Arika came to do the planning and adjusted lining based on the feedback.
  • Then my head is trimmed for HT procedure by the team and took the pics. At this point my heart was beating so fast and feeling so nervous to stop everything and return to home 🤪. But everyone in clinic is so gentle and made feel comfortable (This is my first ever surgery/clinic procedure in my life).
  • Then I went to OT and my frontal area is given with anesthesia and things started rolling.
  • Then Dr Arika came to start with slits and had chit chat with her regarding the electric vehicle and Delhi living and so on. She is so down to earth.
  • Then later Dr Someshwar (Anesthesia Dr)  came, who is full of energy and we spoke like close friends and mean time extraction and plantation started. he came often and asked me how am i feeling and spoke to me regarding DHT, fenstride and all the research he did. It was quite engaging and made me open my eyes.
  • Mean time Eugenix team started doing extraction, plantation in parallel and they were asking and taking care procedure.
  • Around 1pm HT is done and at 11pm I was given with much needed dinner.
  • Later they took pics and trimmed rest of the hair. 
  • Dr Someshwar again came to give me the Kit and proper caring guidelines for next 7 days. And then I was dropped to Hotel around 2pm.

Post 7 days :

• On the day of HT it was challenging to sleep straight and keep the head intact at hotel.
  • Later 3-4 days i felt little swelling and managed that with the instructions provided by eugenix. And it was quite uncomfortable while sleeping and resting head initially on pillow.
  • Done with 3 Head washes until today and managed myself to remove most of the scabs, left with one stubborn scab on right side.
  • Still have numbness in received area and slight dis-comfort on donor side ( is it expected even after today? not sure)

what i not liked in eugenix????:

I know nothing is perfect in this world, and It would be unfair if I do not provide feedback to the forum with my learnings. This is totally my personal feeling and not wanted to hurt any one here. Experts in the forum can guide me.

• I am personally not that keen in getting medical/health related advises from a representative (essentially a marketing person) . I am quite against this in 21st century where life so sensitive and fragile. I expect direct communication with doc for all queries. The knowledge one learned and one acquired through rigorous experience are totally different. Hope eugenix takes it in positive way. 
  • Second is to make sure that one asks the doc or any point of contact in eugneix on the D-Day what exactly will be done on that day, i.e who does what? what are steps ? what is expected from your package ?. If you have any questions sort them earlier. I have not done it and became victim of this as I eneded up with Exclusive package while all I paid and decides with representative was Premium Package (Where dr Arika needs  to do crucial implants). Later once I have asked them they have returned rest of the money. 
  • extraction was extra painful at one point (10-15 min), as Anesthesia was not provided properly which made me quite nervous during HT.

Extra Tips:

• Take a neck pillow with you, thank me later.
  • Take small spray battle (100ml) if you are travelling within 7 days.
  • Ask Extra pillow covers one provided by eugneix.

My current routine:

I would you like thank everyone in this forum and special thanks to🙌 @Melvin- Moderator, @kirkland, @MNIK, @Wandererind, @Gatsby, @MazAB, @Captain Haddock, @JC71 and @juanjs84 🙌for always extending their helping hands and providing feedbacks when needed.

I am requesting everyone here to help and provide any feedbacks and guidelines during my journey. I will be providing the weekly updates.

Cheers to life 🍻

Cheers Lets Drink GIF - Cheers Lets Drink Alcoholic Beverages - Discover &  Share GIFs

Pics:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by nodono
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

That's just dried blood. I recommend using conditioner and letting it soak for at least 30 minutes. Afterward gently rub off the dried blood. Congratulations. I'm gonna be getting my procedure on the first! I was going to announce it on the forum.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the detailed write up and the pics ! Love the hairline, no doubt this will be another awesome Eugenix result. And I appreciate you mentioning the things you didn’t like as much, it’s important not to get totally caught up in just praising a clinic. Constructive criticism is fine, you focused on all the positive points first 👍🏽

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nodono said:

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is good and healthy. 

I have been a blog reader and follower from last 6 months and closely tracking all the HT results, reviews and monthly/weekly updates. Finally decided to endure my HT on 6th of Nov at Eugenix Delhi. I have implanted with 2000 grafts by the Dr Arika and team with continuous 8+ hours in OP. 

Background:

I am 30 Yrs old, I have started with hair fall around the last 5 years, it was significantly slow initially but it because so dominant recently in frontal area that it became daily task to manage and stop the hair fall, I have not taken Finasteride/Minixodil or any medical aid to stop the hair fall due to obvious reasons. I have tried with natural remedies like life-style changes, food habits, meditation, sleeping  and stress management (as i am IT guy). I was little scared initially and never thought of going through HT but finally after so much research, and reviews in the forum I have made my mind. Initially I contacted Dr Diep due to his extrodonry results but later stepped back as I did not want to get a scar as it was FUT. It was quoted around 12k for 2k grafts. As I am Indian origin it became very easy to decide Eugenix. Many thanks to @Wandererind for helping me and being patient with all my queries regarding the HT. It really made me to take a decision. Additionally representative at Eugenix Mr Amandeep  (a good friend I would say)  who took care from Eugenix side. During initial consultation I was quoted with 2000 grafts and something is delivered on the d-day. Its been already 7 days everything looks good as of now.

D-DAY:

I was picked up by Eugenix at Delhi airport around 6th noon and directly went to clinic for HT. I have added steps below.

• airport pick up at 1pm 6th Nov. and reached clinic around 1:30pm.
  • Meet and greet, later one person took blood for the PRP and given sample anesthesia on both right and left hand side.
  • Delicious food is provided and advised to take the few pre-HT tablets and mean time provided with the op dress.
  • later after 2 hours around 3:30pm photoshoot is done and later Dr. Arika came to do the planning and adjusted the based on feedback.
  • Then my head is trimmed for HT procedure by the team and took the pics. At this point my heart was beating so fast and feeling so nervous to stop everything and return to home 🤪. But everyone in clinic is so gentle and made feel comfortable (This is my first ever surgery/clinic procedure in my life).
  • Then I went to OT and my frontal area is given with anesthesia and things started rolling.
  • Then Dr Arika came to start with slits and had chit chat with her regarding the electric vehicle and Delhi living and so on. She is so down to earth.
  • Then later Dr Someshwar (Anesthesia Dr)  came who is full of energy and we spoke like close friends and mean time extraction and plantation started. he came often and asked me how am i feeling and spoke to regarding DHT, fenstride and all the research he did. It was quite engaging and made me open my eyes.
  • Mean time Eugenix team started doing extraction, plantation in parallel and they were asking and taking care procedure.
  • Around 1pm HT is done and at 11pm I was given with much needed dinner.
  • Later they took pics and trimmed rest of the hair. 
  • Dr Someshwar again came to give me the Kit and proper caring guidelines for next 7 days. And then I was dropped to Hotel around 2pm.

Post 7 days :

• On the day of HT it was challenging to sleep straight and keep the head intact at hotel.
  • Later 3-4 days i felt little swelling and managed that with the instructions provided by eugenix. And it was quite uncomfortable while sleeping and resting head initially on pillow.
  • Done with 3 Head washes until today and manager myself to remove most of the scabs, left with one stubborn scab on right side.
  • Still have numbness in received area and slight dis-comfort on donor side ( is it expected even after today? not sure)

what i not liked in eugenix????:

I know nothing is perfect in this world, and It would be unfair if I do not provide feedback to the forum with my learnings. This is totally my personal feeling and not wanted to hurt any one here. Experts in the forum can guide me.

• I am personally not that keen in getting medical/health related advises from a representative (essentially a marketing person) . I am quite against this in 21st century where life so sensitive and fragile. I expect direct communication with doc for all queries. The knowledge one learned and one acquired through rigorous experience are totally different. Hope eugenix takes it in positive way. 
  • Second is to make sure that one asks the doc or any point of contact in eugneix on the D-Day what exactly will be done on that day, i.e who does what? what are steps ? what is expected from your package ?. If you have any questions sort them earlier. I have not done it and became victim of this as I eneded up with Exclusive package while all I paid and decides with representative was Premium Package (Where dr Arika needs  to do crucial implants). Later once I have asked them they have returned rest of the money. 
  • extraction was extra painful at one point (10-15 min), as Anesthesia was not provided properly which made me quite nervous during HT.

Extra Tips:

• Take a neck pillow with you, thank me later.
  • Take small spray battle (100ml) if you are travelling within 7 days.
  • Ask Extra pillow covers one provided by eugneix.

My current routine:

I would you like thank everyone in this forum and special thanks to🙌 @Melvin- Moderator, @kirkland, @MNIK, @Wandererind, @Gatsby, @MazAB, @Captain Haddock, @JC71 and @juanjs84 🙌for always extending their helping hands and providing feedbacks when needed.

I am requesting everyone here to help and provide any feedbacks and guidelines during my journey. I will be providing the weekly updates.

Cheers to life 🍻

Cheers Lets Drink GIF - Cheers Lets Drink Alcoholic Beverages - Discover &  Share GIFs

Pics:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks a lot @nodono it's great to read such detailed reviews, I hope you get great results 

• Like 2

Congrats my friend, donor area and density look good so I imagine you'll be a very happy man in 9-12 months! I'll follow your posts- I'm only 2 weeks in front of you with my own procedure.

Also agree with JC71 that I like how you put in the areas you feel they can improve on. You never know they might read through this post and implement some of the suggestions? The one point I will say about the co-ordiantor is that depending on the nature of the question, due to time constraints for the doctor it does just make sense to go through the representative eg: for questions like "when can I start using minoxidil post transplant" and other more generic queries.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Congratulations. I'm gonna be getting my procedure on the first! I was going to announce it on the forum.

Haha - well consider it announced! Seriously, congrats on being just a couple of weeks out. 

@nodonoThanks for the write-up. I also had to ask for some more anasthesia at one point because the extractions were becoming excruciating, particularly one area of my donor. Towards the end of my second day, when I thought everything was near wrapping up, I heard the techs talking excitedly. I guess that they did not match up the number of extractions to the number of pre-made slits so, next thing I know, more anasthesia was being applied and more extractions were being taken. But I don't think that they quite put in enough meds into my scalp because I could feel some discomfort and then at one point, more pain than discomfort. I asked to take a 5-minute break and requested some more anasthesia to which they readily complied. The rest of the surgery was completed without any issues.

As for discomfort in the donor area, you could have some lingering discomfort for a while so don't be worried. And when I say discomfort, I just mean that you will be aware that the area is not 100% healed. Even after almost 5 weeks post-HT, I can still a very light sensation in my donor region. It's not a bad feeling - I sleep fine on it, sleep on it, run water in the shower on it. It's just a lingering reminder that there was a lot of local trauma in the area and it takes time to completely heal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirkland said:

@nodonoThanks for the write-up. I also had to ask for some more anasthesia at one point because the extractions were becoming excruciating, particularly one area of my donor. Towards the end of my second day, when I thought everything was near wrapping up, I heard the techs talking excitedly. I guess that they did not match up the number of extractions to the number of pre-made slits so, next thing I know, more anasthesia was being applied and more extractions were being taken. But I don't think that they quite put in enough meds into my scalp because I could feel some discomfort and then at one point, more pain than discomfort. I asked to take a 5-minute break and requested some more anasthesia to which they readily complied. The rest of the surgery was completed without any issues.

As for discomfort in the donor area, you could have some lingering discomfort for a while so don't be worried. And when I say discomfort, I just mean that you will be aware that the area is not 100% healed. Even after almost 5 weeks post-HT, I can still a very light sensation in my donor region. It's not a bad feeling - I sleep fine on it, sleep on it, run water in the shower on it. It's just a lingering reminder that there was a lot of local trauma in the area and it takes time to completely heal.

@kirkland: thank you for your insights. I was in similar situation where I have taken break and had glass of water to cheer me up and Dr Someshwar later helped to give proper anesthesea at those extraction areas.

• Like 1

13 days update :

• all the scabs came out 
  • donor area healing well
  • transplanted area is lil red and still feels numb but its improving
  • taking Fin and biotin (5000mcg daily) and maintaining healthy diet.

Pics:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3

I have few questions regarding finasteride side effects: 

Finsteride tabs are giving sexual side effects to me. This effects very obvious (like no morning wood and les libido) which I can feel and it is impacting this much early i just stared 1 week back not sure its expected. Spoke to doc they have asked me to take alternative day and stop it if problem persists.

I have stopped for 5 days completely, which made me normal now all the things returned to normal. 

What would you guys recommend? 

• Valued Contributor
On 11/24/2021 at 9:26 AM, nodono said:

I have few questions regarding finasteride side effects: 

Finsteride tabs are giving sexual side effects to me. This effects very obvious (like no morning wood and les libido) which I can feel and it is impacting this much early i just stared 1 week back not sure its expected. Spoke to doc they have asked me to take alternative day and stop it if problem persists.

I have stopped for 5 days completely, which made me normal now all the things returned to normal. 

What would you guys recommend? 

I had the same problem taking 1mg finasteride everyday. I spoke to Dr Arika and she said to stop the drug until the side effects disappeared (which they did within about ten days). She said to then take it every second day. I restarted taking the drug on Monday, Wednesday and Friday however I started at 0.5mg. I have increased the Friday dose to 1mg about a month ago and I am about to increase Monday to 1mg. So far I have had no side effects and I definitely recommend taking it every other day if you experience side effects. All the best!

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, nodono said:

Thanks @Gatsby for valuable suggestions, I am not taking pills now. And will start alternative schedule once I feel normal. 

Yes wait until the side effects are completely gone and then recommence at every alternative day. It’s working for me. 👍

• Like 1

@nodonoI too paid for the premium package but felt that it was more like the exclusive package since Dr was present for only extraction part and not for the crucial implantation.I am super satisfied with my results though, 7 months in. Is it too late to ask for a refund like you did? 

23 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I had the same problem taking 1mg finasteride everyday. I spoke to Dr Arika and she said to stop the drug until the side effects disappeared (which they did within about ten days). She said to then take it every second day. I restarted taking the drug on Monday, Wednesday and Friday however I started at 0.5mg. I have increased the Friday dose to 1mg about a month ago and I am about to increase Monday to 1mg. So far I have had no side effects and I definitely recommend taking it every other day if you experience side effects. All the best!

@Gatsby How do you cut the pill into two 0.5mg pills? The original pill is so damn small. Is there some sort of pill cutter that you use ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mggm said:

@nodonoI too paid for the premium package but felt that it was more like the exclusive package since Dr was present for only extraction part and not for the crucial implantation.I am super satisfied with my results though, 7 months in. Is it too late to ask for a refund like you did? 

If Doc did extraction and slitting then it should be fine. For me there was some communication gap in package which lead to this confusion.

happy to hear that you got great results 😀😀. Can you please tell me what all routine and any supliements which helped you during your process ?

Edited by nodono

• Valued Contributor
54 minutes ago, Mggm said:

How do you cut the pill into two 0.5mg pills? The original pill is so damn small. Is there some sort of pill cutter that you use ?

@MggmI have a pill cutter that I bought from the pharmacy. It will cut a tablet pretty close to 50/50. 👍

• Like 2

25tg day update:

looks like shedding has started, is it too early for shedding phase to start ?. Not sure. Stopped Fin due to side effects. Not taking any tablets just natural food as of now.

3F82FA7D-23AA-486E-8425-4ABF6DC0FB78.jpeg

2122B991-52F0-4109-8FAF-AD9EC6ED6887.jpeg

1 hour ago, nodono said:

25tg day update:

looks like shedding has started, is it too early for shedding phase to start ?. Not sure. Stopped Fin due to side effects. Not taking any tablets just natural food as of now.

3F82FA7D-23AA-486E-8425-4ABF6DC0FB78.jpeg

2122B991-52F0-4109-8FAF-AD9EC6ED6887.jpeg

I think you are on schedule for shedding. Months 2,3 and the first few weeks of 4 will be the time you will start questioning the hair transplant. 

What kind of sides did you get on Fin and what's your dosage? Are you planning to hop on minoxidil?

13 minutes ago, Mggm said:

I think you are on schedule for shedding. Months 2,3 and the first few weeks of 4 will be the time you will start questioning the hair transplant. 

What kind of sides did you get on Fin and what's your dosage? Are you planning to hop on minoxidil?

I got usual low libido and morning wood issues with the fin, I was taking 1mg for day. I am not planning for minoxidil as well as it gives me headache and migraine. I am planning to start low dosing fin starting from Toma. Because I feel I completely recovered from the sides once I stopped

12 minutes ago, nodono said:

I got usual low libido and morning wood issues with the fin, I was taking 1mg for day. I am not planning for minoxidil as well as it gives me headache and migraine. I am planning to start low dosing fin starting from Toma. Because I feel I completely recovered from the sides once I stopped

If you don't use any hairloss medication, it will affect your pre-existing hair. I too had low libido from Fin and I didn't take it after my HT at Eugenix. It didn't affect my hair transplant as far as I can tell but I am worried about my non-transpanted hair.  I am using minoxidil for now and I will add fin once Minoxidil effects start to wane.