Need advice please!

sandmac

51 yr old with essentially a full head of hair. Dr Konior restored my hairline a few years ago. 

In harsh light I'm noticing diffuse thinning across the top of my scalp and crown. 

Willing to try Finn to slow or ideally halt my thinning. 

I've read so many various protocols on dosage.  

Understanding there are many factors, but that said, what is the lowest dosage that could potentially be best? (i.e.: .25 EOD?)

Would an online service like Roman or Himms be a good way to go?

Thanks so much for any insights!

Was on Fin post surgery years ago. I recall minor sides but that discomfort could have been due to a varicocele issue I've since had resolved. 

Looking for further details on success stories of those taking a much reduced dosage of finasteride. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 11.13.15 PM.png

• Valued Contributor

I'm not a doctor and I agree with discussing this with your surgeon or GP. I'm 54 and I started finasteride well over a year ago. I was taking 1mg a day. After about two months (?) I began experiencing a loss of libido. I had no other side effects. I then discontinued the drug. Two months ago I went back on oral finasteride taking 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have recently upped my Friday dose to 1mg. So far I have had no side effects. If I can get to a point where I am able to tolerate 1mg every other day I will stay on this. All the best!