can i apply minox on my shock loss area (over harvested maybe) !!!! pls help

We need to see pics of the area to provide feedback.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The good news is shockloss is almost always temporary. Try to remain calm, because excessive chronic stress can also cause more temporary shedding. Since you're three weeks after the procedure, its fine to start minoxidil. Just be aware that you may initially experience some more hair shedding not related to the shock loss as the minoxidil starts to work.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ciaus said:

The good news is shockloss is almost always temporary. Try to remain calm, because excessive chronic stress can also cause more temporary shedding. Since you're three weeks after the procedure, its fine to start minoxidil. Just be aware that you may initially experience some more hair shedding not related to the shock loss as the minoxidil starts to work.

you think minox on the patchy part is possible ? will it grow back ?

• Moderators

If it's shock loss it will grow back on its own. Minoxidil may speed up the process a bit.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Definitely shock loss. You need to wait like 3-6 months before it grows back, need patience. You starting alot of threads you should just chill out, dont worry it will be just fine.

You should have a review thread where you say the Dr, amount of grafts and then just post everything there so its easy to follow your journey, then you dont need to make a new thread everytime you have a question.

Edited by digi23

49 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Definitely shock loss. You need to wait like 3-6 months before it grows back, need patience. You starting alot of threads you should just chill out, dont worry it will be just fine.

You should have a review thread where you say the Dr, amount of grafts and then just post everything there so its easy to follow your journey, then you dont need to make a new thread everytime you have a question.

thanks

but i already did a thread where i explained everything and my journey i got only 2 replies

this one is different its related to shock loss thats why everytime i post its about different topic

16 minutes ago, yacine.drose said:

thanks

but i already did a thread where i explained everything and my journey i got only 2 replies

this one is different its related to shock loss thats why everytime i post its about different topic

Yes because your thread was named "hello guys im new here and i want opinions pls (4k grafts)" the name should be something like "Review Dr Resul Yaman 4000 grafts"

This thread is also about your hair transplant no? Its about shock loss from the transplant, if you have a thread you can ask everything in the thread and it will also help alot for people to follow your journey because they might be interested in Dr Resul Yaman aswell.

39 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Yes because your thread was named "hello guys im new here and i want opinions pls (4k grafts)" the name should be something like "Review Dr Resul Yaman 4000 grafts"

This thread is also about your hair transplant no? Its about shock loss from the transplant, if you have a thread you can ask everything in the thread and it will also help alot for people to follow your journey because they might be interested in Dr Resul Yaman aswell.

ok thanks im new here and dont know how posting should be

6 hours ago, makehairgreatagain said:

If you're really concerned, you need to contact your doctor who can evaluate you and have you go into their office.

i contacted them and they said its shockloss but still dont know if it true or its a over harvest

4 hours ago, ciaus said:

clinic also told me to start minox on that area but my concern is if i start minox i should keep applying it forever on that area right ?

5 minutes ago, yacine.drose said:

i contacted them and they said its shockloss but still dont know if it true or its a over harvest

Do you have any photos of the donor area after the transplant? So we can see extraction. You have only posted on recipient area.

A photo like this:

2550ish.jpg

Edited by digi23

7 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Do you have any photos of the donor area after the transplant? So we can see extraction. You have only posted on recipient area.

unfortunately i only got those 4 photos 6 days post op

the right side is shown but the left side (concerned side ) the angel of the photo is not so clear so i dont know if you can tell or not

thanks for help man appreciat it

246453392_4866898730009318_6568362455997398055_n.jpg

246642889_3130606903819569_5208481912550215851_n.jpg

246648514_287269039910908_6442950512177292133_n.jpg

247147028_563125688107936_1237671983819885845_n.jpg

10 minutes ago, digi23 said:

to add bro i guess im shedding from the patchy area everytime i rub it with my fingers i see 2 3 hairs

10 minutes ago, yacine.drose said:

unfortunately i only got those 4 photos 6 days post op

the right side is shown but the left side (concerned side ) the angel of the photo is not so clear so i dont know if you can tell or not

thanks for help man appreciat it

246453392_4866898730009318_6568362455997398055_n.jpg

246642889_3130606903819569_5208481912550215851_n.jpg

246648514_287269039910908_6442950512177292133_n.jpg

247147028_563125688107936_1237671983819885845_n.jpg

We will see in some months about your donor area, you can update when you get longer hair. 

I see the driver there with face mask :D He was driving me all the time, I also did mine with Dr Yaman.

4000 grafts is alot of grafts, I hope they did a good job with extraction specially because you are only 24 years old and already have lost alot of hair.

Do you have any photos of the donor area before the hair transplant? 

Edited by digi23

24 minutes ago, yacine.drose said:

clinic also told me to start minox on that area but my concern is if i start minox i should keep applying it forever on that area right ?

One of the primary ways that Minoxidil works is to make the growth cycle for your hairs longer. That change can cause temporary shedding when you stop or start it. You don't need to apply the minoxidil to your donor hair permanently though. In the areas you are losing hair, If you are going to address your hair loss with hair transplants and you have a more severe loss pattern, its always best to take finasteride and minoxidil forever if you don't get side effects to help you hold on to as much of your hair and enhance them as possible. You don't want to run out of hair down the road.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, digi23 said:

We will see in some months about your donor area, you can update when you get longer hair. 

I see the driver there with face mask :D He was driving me all the time, I also did mine with Dr Yaman.

4000 grafts is alot of grafts, I hope they did a good job with extraction specially because you are only 24 years old and already have lost alot of hair.

Do you have any photos of the donor area before the hair transplant? 

nice how was your results

and did you notice any shockloss ?

4 minutes ago, ciaus said:

One of the primary ways that Minoxidil works is to make the growth cycle for your hairs longer. That change can cause temporary shedding when you stop or start it. You don't need to apply the minoxidil to your donor hair permanently though. In the areas you are losing hair, If you are going to address your hair loss with hair transplants and you have a more severe loss pattern, its always best to take finasteride and minoxidil forever if you don't get side effects to help you hold on to as much of your hair and enhance them as possible. You don't want to run out of hair down the road.

i know im already applying minox on top

so if i stop it later in the shock loss area you think my gains wont fall again ?

thanks

1 minute ago, yacine.drose said:

i know im already applying minox on top

so if i stop it later in the shock loss area you think my gains wont fall again ?

thanks

Ultimately it depends on how your unique body physiology and where your hairs happen to be in their growth cycles. You might not have any shedding at all. I didn't when I started minoxidil, but then other guys report that they do. That donor hair that has been shocked into the resting phase due to your surgery is not vulnerable to the hormones that cause loss like the hairs on top so I think you probably have an even better chance of either not shedding at all or the shedding being fairly minor. Most of what guys shed when they stop are the vulnerable hairs on top that they were going to lose anyway.

• Like 2